Bury away

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We travel exceptionally well based on our home gates, there are numerous 'league table' away following stats around to confirm that.

2000 really isnt that good, we should be selling out.

Away followings of such large numbers are very, very difficult to sustain. Expectations should be realistic.

Not when your fan base would rather watch us away than at home it's not.

if thats the case why are we not taking the average 4349?

some like to go away especially if its local and some like to go as far as Gillingham either way thats rubbish mate

We travel exceptionally well based on our home gates, there are numerous 'league table' away following stats around to confirm that.

2000 really isnt that good, we should be selling out.

Not really when you consider all the various greivences and discontent amongst our support.

if thats the case why are we not taking the average 4349?

some like to go away especially if its local and some like to go as far as Gillingham either way thats rubbish mate

Oafclover is not correct, but he is not wrong either. We had lots of fans who only go to away games and this number was swelled by the stupid managerial appointment.

Oafclover is not correct, but he is not wrong either. We had lots of fans who only go to away games and this number was swelled by the stupid managerial appointment.

I thought they were boycotting season tickets because of that, now you're telling me they changed their mind and are boycotting away games?

I thought they were boycotting season tickets because of that, now you're telling me they changed their mind and are boycotting away games?

Not paying DK wages was the reason for me (and a few others).

There are, however, people are 'never going again'

Until-

Corney goes

DK goes

The price drops back below £20.01

Corney dies

We get promoted

<insert other personal reason>

Every few months we give another couple of hundred people a new excuse/ reason.

A bloke stormed out of Boundary Park saying exactly that after Hartlepool scored their third during a Friday night match a few year back (Penney was in charge). For a few seasons he kept up his promise but I've since seen him.

EDIT: That is in quote to Monty Burns above.

Considering the negativity at the moment - and there is, regardless of what members of the "We're Unbeaten Brigade" say - I think 2,000 there tomorrow is decent enough. If this fixture was five year ago there would be at least 2,500 or if it was on the back of four or five victories there would be the same again. I think a few 200-300 have been deterred by the fact it's ticket-only. It's a fixture at an awkward time for me and the group I go with. I'm at a wedding, two or three are working, one is on holiday and another is away for the weekend.

Edited by UpTheLatics