Can't complain

Jones - carrying an injury

Kelly - subbed due to injury

Forte - not fit due missing lots of pre-season

Dunn- not fit due to missing lots of pre season

Winchester - dropped maybe a bit harsh but if you don't graft you have to be playing well

Poelon - a bit :censored:

Once they are all fit and if Poleon gets better then Crofts place may be in danger.

I have to wonder if he had taken his chances would it change things? He should have scored twice but he is getting in the right places. Plus without him our right full backs would be :censored:ed especially if Poleon took his spot.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jones - carrying an injury

Kelly - subbed due to injury

Forte - not fit due missing lots of pre-season

Dunn- not fit due to missing lots of pre season

Winchester - dropped maybe a bit harsh but if you don't graft you have to be playing well

Poelon - a bit :censored:

Once they are all fit and if Poleon gets better then Crofts place may be in danger.

I have to wonder if he had taken his chances would it change things? He should have scored twice but he is getting in the right places. Plus without him our right full backs would be :censored:ed especially if Poleon took his spot.

I agree he offers our RB protection but at what cost? In an attacking sense he offers very little.

Croft was subbed against Walsall!

Stop letting reality get in the way of this curious tirade from a few against Croft.

The premise seems to be that he's keeping the immaculate and impeccable match winner Winchester out of the team and must therefore be criticised incessantly .

winchester isn't a winger , but is a talented player - one who hasn't had a great pre season . Croft is also capable of more - but in the meantime works his socks off in an effort to make things happen

Slagging him off doesn't get Winchester back in the team - that's up to him

without him our right full backs would be :censored:ed especially if Poleon took his spot.

Bloody hell give it a rest have you spent the last 30 years targeting a single player. I find really weird how people have to target a single player with what is looking like a Vendetta

Connor Brown might not be Dennis Irwin or Gunnar Halle if we could sign a player now one of the 2 positions I would pick is right back.

But he's our second longest serving player in the squad and when he pulls on the blue shirt Ive never doubted he's doing anything other than trying his best and to be frank that is all I ask of any of our players.

Stop letting reality get in the way of this curious tirade from a few against Croft.

The premise seems to be that he's keeping the immaculate and impeccable match winner Winchester out of the team and must therefore be criticised incessantly .

winchester isn't a winger , but is a talented player - one who hasn't had a great pre season . Croft is also capable of more - but in the meantime works his socks off in an effort to make things happen

Slagging him off doesn't get Winchester back in the team - that's up to him

What about Jones he has been poor? Can they choose to pick on him to get Winny back into the team, or Philly-he didnt score the other night you know?

Its down to Winny I agree, but I stand by my previous assessment-doesnt tackle, doesnt track his man, never wins headers (or tackles) and doesnt get enough goals or even create them on a regular basis-so hasnt got much going for him! Leave Croft alone.

Bloody hell give it a rest have you spent the last 30 years targeting a single player. I find really weird how people have to target a single player with what is looking like a Vendetta

Connor Brown might not be Dennis Irwin or Gunnar Halle if we could sign a player now one of the 2 positions I would pick is right back.

But he's our second longest serving player in the squad and when he pulls on the blue shirt Ive never doubted he's doing anything other than trying his best and to be frank that is all I ask of any of our players.

'Full backs'! He protects our full backs! If you wish to take that as just one full back that's up you! I didn't mention a singular player apart from Croft and Poleon!

A vendetta against an actual position maybe? Sorry but Croft does protect our FULL BACKS

Edit to say - 8 players mentioned in the post you quoted. I didn't mention any full backs left or right.

Edited by palmer1

I agree he offers our RB protection but at what cost? In an attacking sense he offers very little.

Are you kidding me?

He's one of the few that will get the ball and really drive at the opposition. Albeit he misses sitters that even I could put away, he's creating the opportunities and getting in dangerous areas. The rest of them either punt it up aimlessly, pass it sideways or lose possession.

Why is one persons opinion on one player on here classed as scapegoating? Fans like managers have their favourites, if someone persistently comes on here with a vendetta against one player fair enough but we can surely have a discussion about a players affect on the team without getting all precious about it?

If it's a discussion about Croft or Winchester on the right (or one starting over the other wherever in the team) WInchester will keep the ball, create more, score more & entertain more.

Croft will give 110%, "protect his fullback" (if that floats your boat) but create little & score even less.

If we want 0-0's Croft's the man, if we want to win one, lose one and see some entertaining football it's WInchester....

If it's a discussion about Croft or Winchester on the right (or one starting over the other wherever in the team) WInchester will keep the ball, create more, score more & entertain more.

Croft will give 110%, "protect his fullback" (if that floats your boat) but create little & score even less.

If we want 0-0's Croft's the man, if we want to win one, lose one and see some entertaining football it's WInchester....

We've been doing that for over a decade...............without either

Why is one persons opinion on one player on here classed as scapegoating? Fans like managers have their favourites, if someone persistently comes on here with a vendetta against one player fair enough but we can surely have a discussion about a players affect on the team without getting all precious about it?

so when you do it its opinion? When I do it its a vendetta? :crackpot:

several posters have used the word vendetta in this thread as did you

everything on here is opinion or fact. (the latter is very rare in most cases)

unless said players have done something personally to the poster it is not a vendetta - especially as all posts relate to how :censored: a player is at football or if you dont get an email saying thanks ;)

several posters have used the word vendetta in this thread as did you

everything on here is opinion or fact. (the latter is very rare in most cases)

unless said players have done something personally to the poster it is not a vendetta - especially as all posts relate to how :censored: a player is at football or if you dont get an email saying thanks ;)

Doing a lot of arguing you of late.

Youre paranoid.

More would be great but he was our 3rd top scorer last season. And they were all crackers.

No he wasnt, he was behind obviously Forte and Jones but also Poleon & Philly scored more. Obviously my comments need to be taken in context of his other deficiencies. Let us say that Croft plays 40 matched this season giving his usual 100% effort, would we be happy with only 4 goals?

I wouldnt and I definately wouldnt care if any of them was a cracker rather than a tap in. Want a bet?

No he wasnt, he was behind obviously Forte and Jones but also Poleon & Philly scored more. Obviously my comments need to be taken in context of his other deficiencies. Let us say that Croft plays 40 matched this season giving his usual 100% effort, would we be happy with only 4 goals?

I wouldnt and I definately wouldnt care if any of them was a cracker rather than a tap in. Want a bet?

Poleon and Philliskirk's other goals came in the JPT - rightly referred to as "other" on Soccerbase... So they don't count.

A bet on what?

Edited by HarryBosch