Winchester.....

Poll added 13th October 2015  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Would we amass more points with or without Carl Winchester at RM/CM for the rest of the season?

• More points with him in the side
    • More points without him in the side

I don't know. It certainly isn't a valid answer answer to my question.

You said "anybody can score a goal with the ball"..

Only because it was mentioned to me several times in previous post as some seem to think it proves his overall fitness. Why are struggling to score? Our lack of decent stikers at the club maybe because we have had the chances and missed them especially at Bury which could mean the creative side of things are not to bad maybe?

Do you include Connor Brown in "anybody"? :grin:

Lol I wouldnt like to put money on it Edited by palmer1

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Palmer1 has clearly stated how much he rates Winchester, but he's also stated some common knowledge and some well reasoned responses as to why Winchester might not be featuring... if everyone could actually read things properly on here he also said "Winchester would be in my 11 every week" but he's offered logical explanations as to why he maybe not featuring in Darren Kelly's side, at the moment.

Just because some of us aren't so loved up with Winchester doesn't mean we don't like him and it doesn't mean we can't see how talented he is and doesn't mean we can't see that he offers more than just the one goal at Scunthorpe. From what I've read especially on this thread Palmer1 offers one of the most balanced points of view/opinion, whereas a lot on here will either praise a player or hate a player... no in between.

He hasn't scored "just the one goal at Scunthorpe" and it was far from his best

Fleetwood and Swindon must be in his top three. Great strikes.

He also needs extra credit for the cross for a goal against Liverpool (think it was the third, just after halftime?).

Edited by blueatheart

I was at the game when Brown scored. Colchester away. Absolutely staggering that he got credited with that...

Unless my medication was altered one day, did Connor not mark a comeback from months not being selected by almost drilling a left foot shot into the top corner from 40 yards?

Not read all of this thread. But how can someone who won player of the year 'not deserve his place in the team after one game (a game he didn't exactly play bad in)?

He was awful in the first two games, we have lots of other options in midfield.

He will come back into the team, probably sooner rather than later.