Winchester.....

Poll added 13th October 2015  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Would we amass more points with or without Carl Winchester at RM/CM for the rest of the season?

• More points with him in the side
    • More points without him in the side

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Christ, so Connor Brown is :censored: so therefore we must select effing Bambi to play right midfield. You couldnt make it up!

And before you start to use your logic (???) yesterday Philly was absolute :censored:e but still better than a lightweight tart who cannot play 90 minutes.

Brown is not the answer, Philly is not the answer but bloody Winchester come on, he is definately not the answer. Boo boys my arse!

Sometimes, the facts just speak for themselves.

28rz8lz.jpg

I would play him where Croft played, you would need an adequate right back as Brown could make any right winger look like a :censored:, Croft effectively played rightback yesterday while clueless Brown looked on out of position everytime a move broke down, anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows our best play in the last 18 month has involved Kelly and Jones as a central two, Dieng and Winchester have been part of them teams but for some reason seem to be Dunnys boo boys.

Not having that Croft was :censored: because he had Brown behind him. Croft was :censored: because hes no pace, no confidence and is a year or 2 past it. Quicker we stop playing him the better. Over the last year or 2 I have stuck up for Brown, basically because we have had nothing better to use, but on Saturday, we had at least 2 players who would have been better at Right back than him. Dunn :censored:ed up picking those 2 on our right hand side, and it was evident from first whistle that side wasnt a threat.

Ironically 3 of the goals came from down the left past Burn and Lafferty though, but this board is pretty quiet in giving them :censored:.

:censored:ing hell, in proving Winchester is worthy of a place we have labelled every other player :censored:

Cornell - he's :censored: definitely play Winchester over him, Winchester has great handling, he's the anti Magennis

Brown - he's :censored: definitely play Winchester over him

Burn - he's :censored: definitely play Winchester over him

Lafferty - he's :censored: definitely play Winchester over him

Philliskirk - he's :censored: definitely play Winchester over him

Jones - he's :censored: definitely play Winchester over him

:censored:ing hell, in proving Winchester is worthy of a place we have labelled every other player :censored:

Cornell - he's :censored: definitely play Winchester over him, Winchester has great handling, he's the anti Magennis

Or, just philiskrik and croft.... as their positions should be under threat by last seasons player of the season.

Thats unbelievable. Haha!

And our record with him in the side since the 'random' cut off point on the image...

P 34

W 7

D 10

L 17

Edit - I know it would be the same for most in the side, but 'sometimes the facts just speak for themselves' is ever so slightly disingenuous.

Edited by jsslatic

Don't wana call you a liar or an exaggerating :censored: or owt, but the Jones part ruined your post.

winny needs to be playing and its really that simple. With NI going to the euro's he will be chomping at the bit to get in that squad. He is class and its criminal he is not starting for me. Great season last year still young and quite new to the first team, come on leaps and bounds since accy debut in the fa cup. Creates a lot and scores the odd worldie. Lets face it we aint been any better without him.

I read this today

"That is often the irony with decisions between playing a destroyer over a creator in midfielder for defensive security. Nothing gives security like actually having the ball, and being able to use it."

It's about Hoolahan and Whelan for Ireland, but could quite easily be Croft/Philliskirk and Winchester.

And our record with him in the side since the 'random' cut off point on the image...

P 34

W 7

D 10

L 17

Edit - I know it would be the same for most in the side, but 'sometimes the facts just speak for themselves' is ever so slightly disingenuous.

Apologies if I mislead with the picture, my point was simply that Winchester played in every game of our unbeaten run and success last season.

Edited by dec666

Unfortunately? So you didn't enjoy us winning?

You'd rather see us lose if 'Philly' plays and Winchester doesn't, wouldn't you?

If you think that trying to put words into my mouth is going to make my opinion any less correct, you are wrong. That is quite devious of you to try

I support the team whoever is in the 11, unfortunately we havent played well for a very long time, but I still support the team as a lot do!

I wouldnt spit out my dummy just because a player that I dont rate is selected! In fact someone on here did that last week! Ohh I remember that was you!

Apologies if I mislead with the picture, my point was simply that Winchester played in every game of our unbeaten run and success last season.

I get what you're saying (and I'd like him to be playing now too), but of the 13 match unbeaten run so did Brian Wilson. Except the Coventry 4-1. When Carl only played the last 8 minutes.

Will his managerial record be any better after 9 games?

Granted it's a daft way to look at it, but I can't see where a win is coming from in the next 7 or so games.

We've given away a lead in the past 3 and they don't look anywhere near capable of crossing the line.

Kieran Lee played centre mid for QPR before we signed him and played him as a right back.

His whole career at Sheff Wed has been as a centre mid in a midfield 4.

Why can't we trust players of a similar Ilk such as Winchester or Jones play in the middle alongside Kelly?

I've added a poll - don't know if it will work 13 pages in!!

We're not doing well, we've generally done quite well (relatively speaking) when he's played over the last few years.

He was one of last seasons best players.

He's been no worse than most of them and better than some in the brief appearances he's made this season.

Unless there's something gone on or going on with him that we don't know about it's glaringly obvious he needs to play.

I want to be entertained for my money, especially if winning games without being entertained isn't an option - he's an entertaining player to watch.

Edited by HarryBosch

Kieran Lee played centre mid for QPR before we signed him and played him as a right back.

His whole career at Sheff Wed has been as a centre mid in a midfield 4.

Why can't we trust players of a similar Ilk such as Winchester or Jones play in the middle alongside Kelly?

So what you are saying is that Winchester is of a similar ilk to Kieran Lee? Eff me!

Jones maybe yes perhaps but bloody Bambi, no way on this earth