Winchester.....

Poll added 13th October 2015  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Would we amass more points with or without Carl Winchester at RM/CM for the rest of the season?

• More points with him in the side
    • More points without him in the side

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this today

"That is often the irony with decisions between playing a destroyer over a creator in midfielder for defensive security. Nothing gives security like actually having the ball, and being able to use it."

It's about Hoolahan and Whelan for Ireland, but could quite easily be Croft/Philliskirk and Winchester.

No it couldn't.

It really, really couldn't.

You love Winchester don't you?

You have to feel sorry for this poor guy, in many ways. He obviously spent so long calling him :censored:, he hasn't been able to come to terms with his rise.

Never mind, maybe Philiskirk will win player of the year this time out? I mean, he's a great character and he does run around a lot.

You have to feel sorry for this poor guy, in many ways. He obviously spent so long calling him :censored:, he hasn't been able to come to terms with his rise.

Never mind, maybe Philiskirk will win player of the year this time out? I mean, he's a great character and he does run around a lot.

Hes currently on a huge fall, nobody to player of the year back to a nobody playing last 2 minutes to see out a 4-2 loss.

I think I'd rather watch us being relegated with the odd glimpse of skill from Winchester than watch us be relegated watching Brown and Co run around like headless chickens aimlessly, as much as Dunn trusts these players they are just :censored: to watch.

Watch back the Posh goals on the Highlights thread. How can you trust a player like Brown after watching what he does for their second goal...?

I understand that there are players who, whilst not being the most talented, are dependable and consistent but they do have to have some ability otherwise they're just dependably, consistently :censored:e.

Yes.

That you think so lowly of him speaks volumes about your bias...

So you are so narrow minded that you think that if I ever have a different opinion to you about a player then it is caused by a 'bias?'

I have not seen one reasoned discussion from any one of Bambi's supporters as to how he could improve the team at the moment, simply moans about players who have been selected in his place throughout this poor run. Yes we have been crap but we need better players than him.

If you want to moan about Croft on wide right never crossing any balls in, Bambi doesnt either!

If you want to complain about Philly being ineffective in central midfield then pray tell what Bambi can do in there over 90 minutes!

I just dont get this adulation over a very very average player who cannot catch the starting XI. If you want to call it bias then do so in your ignorance!

There's different opinions ie. a number on this board has with you and Philliskirk, then there's the stuff you spout about Winchester...

Drop the 'Bambi' tag; you're embarrassing yourself by denigrating him with something that is blatantly irrelevant to anybody who watches Latics semi-regularly.

So you are so narrow minded that you think that if I ever have a different opinion to you about a player then it is caused by a 'bias?'

I have not seen one reasoned discussion from any one of Bambi's supporters as to how he could improve the team at the moment, simply moans about players who have been selected in his place throughout this poor run. Yes we have been crap but we need better players than him.

If you want to moan about Croft on wide right never crossing any balls in, Bambi doesnt either!

If you want to complain about Philly being ineffective in central midfield then pray tell what Bambi can do in there over 90 minutes!

I just dont get this adulation over a very very average player who cannot catch the starting XI. If you want to call it bias then do so in your ignorance!

Donny away Winchester finished 90mins in central midfield...just saying! Edited by super_blue

Player of the Year...

There's different opinions ie. a number on this board has with you and Philliskirk, then there's the stuff you spout about Winchester...

Drop the 'Bambi' tag; you're embarrassing yourself by denigrating him with something that is blatantly irrelevant to anybody who watches Latics semi-regularly.

So you still cannot argue the case for his inclusion then?

By the way if the 'Bambi' tag is blatantly irrelevant why should you be so bothered if I use it?

Edited by ChaddySmoker

By the way if the 'Bambi' tag is blatantly irrelevant why should you be so bothered if I use it?

There is no case for his inclusion, he just doesn't run around enough like our 'Philly'

Winny is physically weak. He has no engine, no pace and no strength in the tackle. He goes missing for longer periods than Lord Lucan.

Then again, he does have talent, unlike Philly.

And he isn't ludicrously overweight, unlike his manager (and Croft).

And he isn't utterly :censored:, unlike Brown (i'd prefer Winny at right-back....then again, i'd prefer one or two of those kids playing at half-time than Brown).

So, yes, Winny...better than some of the :censored: we've got.

Let's be honest, all this really underlines the fact that it's a piss poor squad.

Winny is physically weak. He has no engine, no pace and no strength in the tackle. He goes missing for longer periods than Lord Lucan.

Then again, he does have talent, unlike Philly.

And he isn't ludicrously overweight, unlike his manager (and Croft).

And he isn't utterly :censored:, unlike Brown (i'd prefer Winny at right-back....then again, i'd prefer one or two of those kids playing at half-time than Brown).

So, yes, Winny...better than some of the :censored: we've got.

Let's be honest, all this really underlines the fact that it's a piss poor squad.

Best squad in years... Didn't you get the memo?? So good we've used 30 players already!!

I have done it enough times before, you're just selectively blind to validate this contrived fantasy that everybody likes him without substance.

I told you you're embarrassing yourself. I'm not bothered if you use it - just makes you look stupid. Everybody who pays attention knows that his ability to hold onto the ball negates his weight. Those who claim he's 'lightweight' are clueless.

Edited by NewBlue

Winchestes strength has improved over the last few years but is at times suspect. He does disappear from games which needs to be addressed but he is a naturally talented footballer. The problem I have is that if he isn't 'on it' then you may as well play Philli instead as no matter what people spout he does a job for us anywhere on the park. No thrills but a steady job none the less in positions that are not natural for him. That's the last 3 manages fault not Phiilis and he does get unfair abuse for it.

I would maybe try Winchester on the right instead of Croft and see how he goes on especially if Brown isn't playing as he won't have to concentrate as much on covering back. Will he cross more than Croft would? I don't think he would tbh.

Just to point out Croft & Dunn are not overweight. Just because a player is built a little bigger doesn't mean its fat. They have a big arse which they should use to their advantage holding players off. Was Daglish fat in his playing days? He had the same build. I found it ironic on Saturday to hear a very large someone shout for Croft to pretend the ball was a pie when it looked like he's eaten Carl Winchester himself!

Edited by palmer1

I have done it enough times before, you're just selectively blind to validate this contrived fantasy that everybody likes him without substance.

I told you you're embarrassing yourself. I'm not bothered if you use it - just makes you look stupid. Everybody who pays attention knows that his ability to hold onto the ball negates his weight. Those who claim he's 'lightweight' are clueless.

So his weight is not much but he is not lightweight? You still havent made a case for his inclusion, have you matey? I am waiting.