• yes immediately
    • give him another 4 games
    • give him until christmas
    • no he is the man to take us forward

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The option of giving him more time means at best we sack him later in the season and the fight for season number 20 or whatever it is in league one begins again

No, at best we end up doing well. Your attitude is that he's going to fail now or later. Managers need time, especially new ones.

Get rid now. We're not in a bad position and a new manager has enough time to get something out of a decent crop of players. Suprised with myself that I'm advocating the sacking of a manager, 6 games in. Just can't see that the win that will 'turn our season' is going to come.

I wonder if Forte is frustrated as a lone striker? I've not ever seen him show any sort of malicious aggression before.

We only looked a threat when we abandoned the tactical plan. That suggests the plan is nonsense and the players would be better unmanaged. I think this is the beginning of the end for Darren Kelly. Maybe he will show he's made of getter stuff next week.

I think Coleman owes him an apology and Forte should be fined the maximum allowed.

No, at best we end up doing well. Your attitude is that he's going to fail now or later. Managers need time, especially new ones.

I agree with that sentiment normally. Just not with this manager.

Last season lee johnson didn't start well but you could see something in him and the team. Then we went to donny away and it clicked. The season was going pretty well until he did the dirty.

With kelly though I can't see it. I don't like his tactics, I don't like the way he is on the touchline. He patronises the fans every week in his post match comments, praising them for being the best fans in the world to try to avoid questions on the actual match. He's overloaded the team with midfielders when we need a striker and in my eyes at least one full back. He either pinned all his hopes on one striker which was ridiculous, or he is using it as an excuse as to why we are not playing this expansive style and goals he promised. I don't see enough positives to give him time.

To be honest.. he was given a fairly easy start with the likes of colchester, shrewsbury and fleetwood but he's managed to cock that up i know we beat fleetwood but the performance then was gash. this 1 up top system is not working and needs changing. We have a run of games now where he is going to get found out

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

Reading a lot of posts in here you can easily tell this has been a thread a month in the making.

1 loss out of 6 isn't sack worthy form for me though.

It's not just about the results though, is it? It is also about his tactics and his apparent lack of ability to manage the team. If the team had played well, scored goals and still had the same results, then this thread would not have appeared.

Reading a lot of posts in here you can easily tell this has been a thread a month in the making.

1 loss out of 6 isn't sack worthy form for me though.

It isn't just the results though, it's a combination of that and the tactics/performances.

If we're setting up negatively but grinding out wins, it's hard to complain. If we're playig positive, exciting football and losing to the better side, you can't complain at that either.

We're not winning and awful to watch.

His recruitment i cant fault

The players in this squad compare to any squad over the past 12 years

I cant even say we are playing bad football, because good players font play bad football.

But for me they are perminently in the wrong place at the wrong time. For so many players to be way off the mark so often its purely down to tactics and it ai t going to improve.

If he comes out and plays 442 next sat fair play to the guy he might have an ounce of common sense but we all know it will be 1 up top again

What annoys me is that this should have been avoided if we had gone with a Dowie type appointment.. The feel good factor in regards to the stand has been lost.

The feel-good factor left when Barry Owen became the official 'mouthpiece' for the club.

It was all downhill from thereon in.

He can go tomorrow for me. The only problem who is can we bring in on our budget. There's no doubt in my mind that Corney must be regretting taking the cheap route again. Find a replacement, id go for Redfearn personally, and get rid of both Kelly & Holden.

As for the game, well, Forte can :censored: off too. As soon as the whistle blew for a foul/throw/whatever the game was stopped for, I saw Forte first kick out at Darby but the ref seemed to miss it. Then they squared up and I could tell Forte was going to do something stupid. Low and behold he throws his head in his face. An absolute joke from an experienced head and I just get the feeling he doesn't really want to be here (whether that's Oldham or under Kelly I'm not sure). We were :censored: at the time of the red though, and only looked remotely decent once they were 2-0 up and it was effectively game over.

We're a few games in, I had an ST in the new stand, I'm watching dire stuff and I'm just bored.