kelly 6 games in

should kelly go  

187 members have voted

1. 1. do you think kelly should be relieved of his duties

• yes immediately
    • give him another 4 games
    • give him until christmas
    • no he is the man to take us forward

Quite a statement when less than 5% reckon he will succeed with us.

I reckon most of the "give him a chance for 4 games/til christmas lot are doing so because of the naivity of sacking a manager so early in the season. But for me this is a completely unique situation

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In ordinary circumstances, most would agree, but there are many reasons why this is exceptional.

They were right to get rid of Hockaday though, weren't they.

I want him to do well, thgere is precious little to indicate it will come good. Some signs of life would help.

What are the positives? Geniune question, it will help me. I'd rather be positive ( not sickeningly so!)

The positive is that he will have come incredibly cheap, although I suspect that's the same reason we won't be getting rid of him anytime soon.

The positive is that he will have come incredibly cheap, although I suspect that's the same reason we won't be getting rid of him anytime soon.

But its false economy, if the football played so far at home continues there will be very few pay on the day customers remaining, if they have done their sums based on around 3000 home fans then we should be okay.

Quite a statement when less than 5% reckon he will succeed with us.

I reckon most of the "give him a chance for 4 games/til christmas lot are doing so because of the naivity of sacking a manager so early in the season. But for me this is a completely unique situation

Johnson lost 2 of his first 5 games, 10 of his first 22 looking on a bit further, Dickov only won 2 of his first 8. Edited by deyres42

Despite that the performances had been good and we were largely optimistic about the situation

Indeed, we have also been good at Bury and Walsall.

Perhaps this 'best squad in years' need to pull their finger out a bit more to help their manager out.

Time might prove that he isn't up to the job but a month of games isn't long enough to know either way.

Johnson lost 2 of his first 5 games, 10 of his first 22 looking on a bit further, Dickov only won 2 of his first 8.

What HarryBosch said + Johnson steered us to safety with the #bananarating bunch (one reason why Croft has a bad aura about him)

And Dickov, well we shouldn't have bothered with him.

There's no excuse for a poor start if he'd seen us play at all last season. We've got comparative advantage over a lot of teams in this league, who chop and change every summer, like we usually do

From the chron

Athletic’s board is believed to be meeting today and is likely to discuss the fortunes of the first team so far this season.

The loss to Bradford was the first in the league for Kelly, but Athletic have won only one of their first eight games to date.

I like Matt Chambers, but an unquoted, unofficial line like that is just scaremongering.

From the chron

Athletic’s board is believed to be meeting today and is likely to discuss the fortunes of the first team so far this season.

The loss to Bradford was the first in the league for Kelly, but Athletic have won only one of their first eight games to date.

I like Matt Chambers, but an unquoted, unofficial line like that is just scaremongering.

It would be a bit bizarre if the board met and didn't discuss football

From the chron

Athletics board is believed to be meeting today and is likely to discuss the fortunes of the first team so far this season.

And why on earth would it be of interest to a local paper to be scaremongering.

And it isn't anyway.

It's all factual. Apart from 'believed' which is just code for someone at the club has told him...facts.

It be nonsensical for a board meeting not to talk about results so far in the season...!

Fromthe Chron tonight....

DARREN Kelly has confirmed he will field TWO strikers against Peterborough tomorrow as he fights to save his job at Athletic.

Talk concerning Kellys position is rife and indications are that his stint as boss which has so far officially lasted for only 103 days and eight matches, could draw to a close soon.

He's certainly bowing to the mob by playing 2 strikers and it's not the first time he's done it. A comment like ' the fans are getting restless ' would have been appropriate but............ " Indications are that his stint as boss could end soon" sounds ominous to me!

I think if it's not 3 points tomorrow he's out. Corney making remarks of Winchester is a great player in my eyes and all of a sudden he is back potentially starting tomorrow. Kelly on player says we must get a win tomorrow almost seems like he has already been told.

If that is the case then swing the axe now, every game is a must win game otherwise.

I never want us to lose but a loss tomorrow may be the best for this club. Had major doubts and those doubts have increased over his tenure despite it being short.

Switching to two up front now is a no win situation for him. He should have stuck to his convictions regardless of what we as he fans want him to do.

If he loses then he could be sacked but if he wins then it wasn't his decision and the spotlight has become even more intense waiting his next defeat. His only chance to succeed in the role is a convincing run of wins.

The wrong appointment - someone who should have cut his teeth got longer as a coach gaining experience and a profile before becoming a manager. At this level you only have a chance if you're a recognised name as a player or proven as a coach/manager. He had neither and on a hiding to nothing