The board

If you think Graeme Sharp was a :censored: player God knows what you've thought of the last 20 years or so.

Ability-wise, he's probably better than a fair few players we've had in the last twenty years..

..but then none of the players we've had in the last twenty years missed an open goal at Wembley in 1994 that could have changed history! And for that reason, I will always consider him :censored:!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said similar in the pub yesterday.

"Secrecy" was the word I was looking for but went with "subterfuge", I think :lol:

It's :censored:ing mental isn't it?

To give Kelly his due he seems happy to tell us things that are of interest to us sad OAFC anoraks but of little consequence otherwise...

Barry et al would be too paranoid for the CIA....

We're too stupid to know the truth behind Poleon not training... I mean c'mon stock prices are not going to fall if the saudis find out Dominic Poleon is in the bad books with darren kelly of Oldham athletic...

Ability-wise, he's probably better than a fair few players we've had in the last twenty years..

..but then none of the players we've had in the last twenty years missed an open goal at Wembley in 1994 that could have changed history! And for that reason, I will always consider him :censored:!

He missed a very good chance but open goal? Re-writing history there a little bit mate...

This team is crying out for a player of Sharps quality up front unfortunately it looks like we have a manager of Sharps calibre in charge. The last time that happened....eeek

He missed a very good chance but open goal? Re-writing history there a little bit mate...

The one after the quick free-kick at the near post, with Schmeichel on the other side of the goal? I'd say it was a pretty open goal...

..call it what you want, it was a shocking and as costly a miss as you can get.

Edited by JoeP

The one after the quick free-kick at the near post, with Schmeichel on the other side of the goal? I'd say it was a pretty open goal...

..call it what you want, it was a shocking and as costly a miss as you can get.

I'm with you there Joe. Didn't realise at the time and it was years later before I saw a replay and saw just how straightforward it was,

We had chants of "sack the board" and sit in protests when Lees's were in.

Corney and Co. saved us when we were faced with going out of business so have always been cut a lot of slack because of that.

Which of the two "boards" have been worse for the club???

What a stupid question! That was then and this is now!

Now matters. Then is purely history and therefore irrelevant

I blame him for our relegation - had he scored the woefully taken penalty against Leeds that point would have seen us safe - :censored: player - :censored: manager

So he missed a penalty that could have saved us from relegation from the premier league, missed a sitter that would have got us to the fa cup final and managed us to the brink of relegation into this division.

I think we should name the new stand after him..

So he missed a penalty that could have saved us from relegation from the premier league, missed a sitter that would have got us to the fa cup final and managed us to the brink of relegation into this division.

I think we should name the new stand after him..

That would be Sharp practice.

Wouldn't have thought so. Surely an asset and a money generator all year round makes us more attractive!

No.

If you want to buy Latics you have to pay TTA back all the money that they have put in. For that you get control of the club, but none of the land that they got and none of the profits made in the north stand.

No.

If you want to buy Latics you have to pay TTA back all the money that they have put in. For that you get control of the club, but none of the land that they got and none of the profits made in the north stand.

Very surprised if that's the case. If the club is sold it would be for everything including the stand and their Complete ownership of it. Yes TTA may retain the land around still but no one would buy the club and allow the previous owners to continue to get profit from one part of there investment. Edited by super_blue

"The board is eccentric

We've got a north stand without any electric

For us things never go as expected

And we need more time..."

And i waaaaaaaant you to know

Cassidy is injured

And Barry points the finger

I need a new left winger

But i'll be Dean and he'll be me, there's not a lot for us to see

There's even less for us to do, cos we're pathetic can you be pathetic toooooo.

And i waaaaaaaant you to know

Cassidy is injured

And Barry points the finger

I need a new left winger

But i'll be Dean and he'll be me, there's not a lot for us to see

There's even less for us to do, cos we're pathetic can you be pathetic toooooo.

I really do find the piss taking of his accent tedious at best, childish at worst

Slag off his tactics and management style if that floats your boat but his accent? It's bad enough he was referred to as "the silly little Irishman" by some brain donor on Twitter last night

We're too stupid to know the truth behind Poleon not training... I mean c'mon stock prices are not going to fall if the saudis find out Dominic Poleon is in the bad books with darren kelly of Oldham athletic...

Whatever Poleon has done should remain private as it would/should in any company.

I was talking more about the stuff Kelly just blurts out before it's been announced like Gunning having left..

Whatever Poleon has done should remain private as it would/should in any company.

I was talking more about the stuff Kelly just blurts out before it's been announced like Gunning having left..

I agree that Poleon should be kept quiet as per any other workplace.

Kelly blurring it out? Is that not him announcing it? Or does it have to come through a specific media channel to please u?