Lee Johnson's much vaunted PowerPoint - here it is

Corridor of Uncertainty sounds like a goth band.

Most of it sounds like discarded ideas for names of levels on Sonic the Hedgehog.

I can only assume that when he gave it the Big I am about going to all these esteemed clubs, shadowing the finest coaches in the game to fine tune his 'philosophy', he was actually rummaging through the bins at Sega.

Makes more sense, I suppose.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charles Hughes indeed with POMO Dave just checked as I like Singe had Les Reed as the name in my mind

"Hughes presented his ideas in the now defunct magazine Match Analysis and concluded most goals were scored from three passes or fewer, therefore it was important to get the ball quickly forward as soon as possible. He based this analysis on over one hundred games at all levels, including games involving Liverpool F.C. and the Brazilian national team, as well as many England Youth games. His ideals were developed from the those developed by World War II Wing Commander Charles Reep.[3] From his statistical analysis, Hughes emphasized the importance of particular areas of the field from where goals were most often scored. He called these areas the 'POMO' - Positions Of Maximum Opportunity - and asserted that players would score if the ball was played into the 'POMO' enough times. He stressed the importance of set plays and crosses into the penalty area.[4]

Many British coaches advocated his long-ball philosophy but critics have derided his philosophy for encouraging a generation of players who lack basic technical skills and understanding of different tactical playing strategies."

Edited by LaticsPete

Charles Hughes indeed with POMO Dave just checked as I like Singe had Les Reed as the name in my mind

"Hughes presented his ideas in the now defunct magazine Match Analysis and concluded most goals were scored from three passes or fewer, therefore it was important to get the ball quickly forward as soon as possible. He based this analysis on over one hundred games at all levels, including games involving Liverpool F.C. and the Brazilian national team, as well as many England Youth games. His ideals were developed from the those developed by World War II Wing Commander Charles Reep.[3] From his statistical analysis, Hughes emphasized the importance of particular areas of the field from where goals were most often scored. He called these areas the 'POMO' - Positions Of Maximum Opportunity - and asserted that players would score if the ball was played into the 'POMO' enough times. He stressed the importance of set plays and crosses into the penalty area.[4]

Many British coaches advocated his long-ball philosophy but critics have derided his philosophy for encouraging a generation of players who lack basic technical skills and understanding of different tactical playing strategies."

So we have so called modern ideas based on WW2 commanders and derided 1960s coaches?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I'm sure that will work out as planned.

This whole football as a science thing is one of the most retarded things ever conceived, amazing so many chairman eat that :censored: right up. Unfortunately it's a fair reflection of employment to most major companies, mindless professional buzzword ridden waffle is a key skill to 'get ahead'.

Edited by LeylandLatic

Old Times.

Bill Shankly - “Football is a simple game, complicated by idiots”

Modern Times;

Jose Mourinho - "Football is a simple game at heart and that there is a tendency to over complicate analysis of it".

Edited by BP1960