This season with the team you have built:

You have won 25% of your league games

You have lost 50% of your games

Put that into your "completed passes/assists/yards run in the game" spreadsheet

We keep losing Lee

Relegation on the horizon

Do something, phone a friend...anything

Just do something that one of the best squads in the league can respond to

Another post off the Baaaaarnsley site and we get called yonners.....you need a bleeding interpreter!!

re: Can't make the game tonight....

if thas any sense esr rest that back up, at least til after setdy? saying that tho, cant see thi doing any sharpe movements at jokewell, unless tha falls off thi seat while tha knocking some zeds art?

It's also on the site that Baaaarnsley paid compensation to get Johnson....anyone else aware of that?

A reputed 60k, hope the money went towards my new seat :)

Although I enjoyed watching his teams it was mainly Smith initially then Kelly and Wilson who I think really got us ticking, his contacts and players wanting to play for him seems to have dried up, a bit like what happened here at the end.

Barnsleys job was never a match for him he was stupid to go for it, being described as first team coach in his first press confrence should of told him all he needed to know about what was to come, it just goes to show the grass isnt always greener, how :censored: must Barnsley be if they are below us in the table!

Another post off the Baaaaarnsley site and we get called yonners.....you need a bleeding interpreter!!

re: Can't make the game tonight....

if thas any sense esr rest that back up, at least til after setdy? saying that tho, cant see thi doing any sharpe movements at jokewell, unless tha falls off thi seat while tha knocking some zeds art?

When we first started this place up 8+ years ago we were bemoaned for our firm stance on text speak, people quit to "never come back" for us deleting posts. Man, am I glad we stood by that, that forum is complete nonsense in parts!

Got given false promises by the sounds of it. wasn't able to spend the money he wanted to bring in the likes of Kelly and forte and add more to the squad. by the sounds of it he was able to do more here than he was there. i have no problem with anybody moving on to better things but he must be thinking he made a massive mistake leaving us for them. i don't think he will be incharge for the game against us. he will end up as Yeovil manager. :censored:ed up a career.

When we first started this place up 8+ years ago we were bemoaned for our firm stance on text speak, people quit to "never come back" for us deleting posts. Man, am I glad we stood by that, that forum is complete nonsense in parts!

Correct, however, It's not really text speak is it, it's just thick Yorkshire dialect!!!

The pressure is rising. From one message board:

Posted Wednesday 21st Oct 2015 21:161

The Worst Managerial Appointment In 40 Years

After yet another Oakwell debacle last night I've had time to reflect on the situation and here are some of my thoughts .

They say failing to plan is planning to fail and that is where the problem lies .

Pre season is the time to look at the squad and release the dead wood and then go about recruiting knowing full well where the major weaknesses are and the tactics and system we feel are going give us the best chance of success .

This pre season was a fairly stable one for a newish manager to undertake , there wasn't a great deal of contracts to renegotiate and neither did we need funds coming into the club before any players could be recruited .

By his own admission he was chuffed with the budget the only downer really was the Mason Holgate drama , even then you couldn't say he was a massive influential player sold just as the season began .

There is no place to hide here for the ' Head Coach ' because that lack of forward planning meant we had to put a working squad together through the loans once again , this despite being told this was a thing of the past and that a new broom was getting used from now on in .

Every manager knows pre season is where a full season's success stems from , how could this have been allowed to happen ?

At no point during his tenure has he looked to have control over the situation , whether that was last season when we hit the top 6 or last night as we headed towards the relegation places , he doesn't inspire any kind of confidence at all with his bewildering systems and total lack of any tactical nous .

He doesn't have the think on the feet bent that separates the wheat from the chaff , how many games has he's lost by his opposite number doing him tactically during games ? , how many games has he changed him self that have brought a win or earned a draw because he put right what was wrong , none .

The players are completely baffled by him , they don't know weather to stick or twist , it's amateur day down there because there are some talented lads .

Any sort of clued up manager with a workable and simple way of playing will have this squad up the table quick sticks .

He's the problem , he goes and we break out of our chains and become a half decent squad .

It's nothing personal against the guy but he's by far the worst manager since I was at primary school .

That accolade takes some beating when you consider , Spackman , Hart and the original Rochdale cowboy .

The people who run this club need to take a look in the mirror because they hired this guy and clearly fell for the patter and bull shyte , there arn't too many fans at this club who would have bought that bollox and that's a fact .

Read more at http://boards.footymad.net/barnsley-mad/2109741117/#F7EJwQb4JlqlkYPb.99

Yes, bull shyte, indeed.

We get a lot of armchair managers on here, I dare say other boards do too, to quote Alan Hardy, I wouldn't read too much into other message boards.

It isn't as if Barnsley were a steady ship that needed a firm hand on the tiller, they'd been through a few managers, carrying players they didn't want and were looking for quick fixes. Sack Johnson or keep him, doesn't matter, but repeating the same mistakes gets the same results.

A thousand thankyou's.

I struggle with spelling and misuse words like where/ wear/ were I am sure to most people’s annoyance but that Barnsley forum makes my eyes bleed. Even allowing for the fact they are Yorkshire men it so painful to read.

We get a lot of armchair managers on here, I dare say other boards do too, to quote Alan Hardy, I wouldn't read too much into other message boards.

It isn't as if Barnsley were a steady ship that needed a firm hand on the tiller, they'd been through a few managers, carrying players they didn't want and were looking for quick fixes. Sack Johnson or keep him, doesn't matter, but repeating the same mistakes gets the same results.

Which makes his decision to go there even more astounding, he must of known the problems at that club run far deeper than the manager or head coach as they like to refer to him.