Let's not let the players off so lightly

Regardless of how out of his depth Darren Kelly was and how poor his training, tactics & setting up of the side were - the players were an utter :censored:ing disgrace today.

The best squad we've had in years and now I :censored:ing hate most of them.

Agree... I am neither now or ever have been Messi but I played a fair bit of football in my youth. I was never coached or managed by a Mourhino type but it never stopped me pulling out my tripe or, when things weren't going right opening my gob to teammates and maybe stepping outside the "game plan". Makes me piss how players at all levels get away with being completely wank because it's always the manager who cops the blame

I've never understood why players very rarely get fired. I can see that on pure economic grounds it was unlikely that Liverpool would fire Suarez over the biting thing but if a manage can be fired and a settlement reached why can't that happen with a player - especially one with no particular sale value?

They didn't look like professional footballers.

It was that bad. O'Connell, Brown and Mills were particularly amateurish.

Kelly was left shaking his head. He must've asked them to save him his job second half and they all just ducked and let him take the :censored:, except for 10 minutes.

Worst of all, some of our fans actually clapped the players and booed the manager at the end. It must also be pretty embarrassing when your own fans are clapping an opposition player when they are subbed off.

They were a disgrace.

That was one of the worst performances i have seen, and i've seen many in my 40 years. Truly dreadful. Forget the manager. They were a disgrace. Piss poor passing. Piss poor defending. From 1-11, truly embarrassing. Not just Brown, though he was especially crap. I've been very patient with Brown, but that was really bad. Spineless, and that's not never acceptable. They should not be allowed to hide behind the manager.

People in the main stand clapped the posh midget off as he left the pitch?? Can't figure that one out myself ...

Maybe because he gave the kind of performance they would have liked to have seen from a Latics player.

Edited by BP1960

People in the main stand clapped the posh midget off as he left the pitch?? Can't figure that one out myself ...

That was the hipsters as he is ex Dulwich Hamlet.

Seriously though he bossed the game; we didn't play well but he would still have bossed the game if we had.

There was also a bit of short-man solidarity where I was concerned; I was taller than he is now when I was 13.

Hang on it isn't his fault we were :censored:e. He played very, very well. His applause was well deserved regardless of Kelly getting the bullet later or not.

It's rare it happens these days but as a kid I remember Latics fans applauding off an oppo player if he'd done well.

Absolutely, no desire. How Connor Brown is a professional footballer!? I'll leave that to Prof Brian Cox

They were all bad today. This Connor Brown thing is getting boring, Mills has been worse for weeks.Every time Mills passes a ball it goes into touch. Not saying give mills some greif instead just can't understand this constant bashing for Brown.

Edited by oafc1000

They were all bad today. This Connor Brown thing is getting boring, Mills has been worse for weeks.Every time Mills passes a ball it goes into touch. Not saying give mills some greif instead just can't understand this constant bashing for Brown.

Wow did you watch yesterday's game? Both goals in the first half came down his side. The second being caught with the ball near enough in his own box. You can't excuse that defending