Dean Holden

He has to go doesn't he? If Dunn is staying then he needs to bring his own men in?

Holden arrived and it coincided with a drop in form under LJ ( someone correct me if wrong)

Then his own spell in charge where he had every chance to make the job his own. He failed miserably!

Then Darren Kelly who had Holden has as assistant. Too early maybe but some of the most negative afraid not to lose football seen at BP in years.

Now he is advising Dunn. Holden will still be offering the same pearls of wisdom that he offered to LJ and DK and that saw him fail in charge.

Can Dunn be strong enough to have his own mind?

Can Holden keep his position at the club?

IMO he has to go as well because if he stays nothing changes.

Edited by palmer1

He has to go doesn't he? If Dunn is staying then he needs to bring his own men in?

Holden arrived and it coincided with a drop in form under LJ ( someone correct me if wrong)

Then his own spell in charge where he had every chance to make the job his own. He failed miserably!

Then Darren Kelly who had Holden has as assistant. Too early maybe but some of the most negative afraid not to lose football seen at BP in years.

Now he is advising Dunn. Holden will still be offering the same pearls of wisdom that he offered to LJ and DK and that saw him fail in charge.

DK was often quoted that we looked good in training... That's probably down to the coach... #getmecoat

Another Holden thread, getting boring now.

I agree.

Ideally Dunn or whoever is in charge will bring in their own number two, but Holden isn't the root of all evil. He should take his fair share of the blame for Kelly failing but no more than that, certainly no more than the board.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

I believe the Evans affair had far more relevance to our drop in form than Dean Holden.

Whether he goes immediately or further down the line when it costs the club less, or nothing, to get rid (although I've heard he's paid peanuts) I'd like to think a manager who spent most of his career in the top flight could bring in a better assistant

and coaching team...

Agreed. We need to back the manager and let him bring in his own man. Really important and if we don't we're setting up another guy to fail.

Edited by Main Stand Banter

Oldham's record since Holden came back to be a coach - 41 games, 9 wins 13 draws and 19 losses meaning a win percentage of 22%.

Far from solely being his fault but I think if i were him i'd try and get another gig with another club as his name is quickly being dragged through the mud if he wants to get a respected career as a coach / manager.

Tony Parkes? No idea what he is doing now or if they are pally or not but there is someone who has seen all the game has to offer.

Another great footballing man like Jim Harvey, Makes perfect sense as long as the manager takes all the advice he has to offer (unlike billy big bollox who's gone)

Another great footballing man like Jim Harvey, Makes perfect sense as long as the manager takes all the advice he has to offer (unlike billy big bollox who's gone)

I think David "I could have got Blackburn promoted all on my own" Dunn is more of a Billy Big Bollocks than Kelly ever was or will be. Even said himself he was surprised to get the gig

I think David "I could have got Blackburn promoted all on my own" Dunn is more of a Billy Big Bollocks than Kelly ever was or will be. Even said himself he was surprised to get the gig

Oh I think BBB covers it nicely, I said I'd be back on here the moment he was sent packing and it was a hell of alot sooner than even I could have imagined

Had Kelly done the right thing and taken Harveys advice he might of stood a chance as a rookie,

Dunn as much as I like him as a player will need a more experienced head along side him and Tony Parkes was an incredible stand in at Rovers that would fit any bill

Oh I think BBB covers it nicely, I said I'd be back on here the moment he was sent packing and it was a hell of alot sooner than even I could have imagined

Had Kelly done the right thing and taken Harveys advice he might of stood a chance as a rookie,

Dunn as much as I like him as a player will need a more experienced head along side him and Tony Parkes was an incredible stand in at Rovers that would fit any bill

To be fair, you're 24 hours late ?? what makes you think Harvey was the right assistant though? Not done much himself in his career iirc, agree that if we go down the rookie route again as we clearly have then an experienced assistant is needed. As it has been with all previous rookies and I include Johnson in that - though he did get Tommy Wright in eventually Edited by JWhite101

We were better when muzza was coach

Is this some in joke I'm not in on?

Regardless of Harvey's ability, any manager who brings in an experienced member of staff then gets rid of him before a competitive game has been played shows that his plan for the club isn't very clear. Kelly had more than enough time when preparing for the job for earmark a coach that he felt was good enough.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh