Dean Holden

To be fair, you're 24 hours late what makes you think Harvey was the right assistant though? Not done much himself in his career iirc, agree that if we go down the rookie route again as we clearly have then an experienced assistant is needed. As it has been with all previous rookies and I include Johnson in that - though he did get Tommy Wright in eventually

Oh I wanted to let the dust settle before repeating myself, Kelly had no bloody chance the moment he let Harvey go and now that's FACT

Harvey was the main reason Little Morecambe are now an established football league side that my home town club could be playing next season in either league depending on decisions made this week.

So YES he does know the game and would have been the RIGHT assistant or maybe even better

In the Chron, DD says:

“Even when I came in as a player, I have been really impressed with Deano. He knows the club really well and more importantly, he wants Oldham Athletic to succeed. At a club like this, we need everyone on the same page and pulling in the same direction”.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/94158/work-to-be-dunn

Heard a rumour he wanted to get rid of TP and bring one of his own mates in as the youth team manager which is why he fell out with Corney...

Thats what I was told at the time.

If that is the case, then DK was right to get rid.

But if true, that indicates it was more a Simon Corney decision. Given SC's loyalty, i cannot seem him allowing Harvey, who had been here 5 mins, to start dictating someone who has served the club ( and SC himself ) well for over a decade.

Edited by singe

• 1 month later...

It is by no means Dean Holden's fault for our bad form, and I'm in no way blaming any defeats on him - but... he was a lower league defender, Bolton aside he played at our level or below.

Could we not get an ex pro Centre Back to come in and do some premier league training drills that he's learned from the best and get our back four organised? Get our centre backs drilled and implement some ideas from corners or set pieces... both attacking and defending.

By 'come in' I mean coach, a higher order coach not an average league 1/2 player coaching us the :censored:e he's learned over the years from average managers.

Edited by MAC0AFC

It is by no means Dean Holden's fault for our bad form, and I'm in no way blaming any defeats on him - but... he was a lower league defender, Bolton aside he played at our level or below.

Could we not get an ex pro Centre Back to come in and do some premier league training drills that he's learned from the best and get our back four organised? Get our centre backs drilled and implement some ideas from corners or set pieces... both attacking and defending.

By 'come in' I mean coach, a higher order coach not an average league 1/2 player coaching us the :censored:e he's learned over the years from average managers.

We had Gerry Taggart under Dickov and for the most part couldn't defend for toffee.

If players aren't prepared to put their head on the ball from set plays there's little a coach can do about it, it's up to the manager to bring in that type of player.

Before we start over complicating everything I would ask for two things, find a blue shirt as the amount of possession we turn over is criminal, secondly switch on for 90 minutes, its not that big an ask to expect someone to give their all for 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon is it, too many of our players coast around like they don't give a hoot, as paid pro's they should have some pride in what they do they are fortunate to have the careers they are in.

Im going to hazard a guess that David Dunn knows these drills.