This "interim" manager business.... Has Dunn got it permanently or not, in your opinion?

Dunn  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Is he our permanent manager?

• Yes
    • No, I think they'll still look around

A massive industry has been made out out this and many empires built, it will come to pass one day pupils will have to attend public schools then Oxbridge to take a football coaching course and thus guarantee a lifelong career.

I'm sounding like Jeremy Corbyn now. :grin:

sounds rather like that minority sport played be the nigels

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that this is a shrewd move. If reports (such as the Rarely Wrong and others) are true, the Board were unhappy with DK not long after he'd been appointed. If that's the case and they realised they'd dropped a bollock, it looks like they still tried to give him a fair crack of the whip. It looked, on occasions, that it may just have worked. Unfortunately, for all concerned, it got worse and couldn't continue.

It was obvious that DK had to go and it appears as though DH wasn't going to be risked until a replacement was found. If he was, then he'd have been in post by Sunday morning. Something had to be done quickly and, with DD's contacts, experience at the highest level and knowledge gained from some of the best in the game, it looks like a decent choice.

There's the chance now to see if he can pull it off. He's probably got a hell of a sight better chance than DK had. If it doesn't look like working (and we'll probably know pretty quickly with formations, brand of football etc) and nothing changes, we can still go after another manager with DD still here as a player. I think it's called hedging your bets.

Had there been an option to vote "Dunn's got the job for keeps unless ...", I'd have gone for that. It's not quite the same as the two choices up there.

And, please, can we stop trotting out this "cheap option" every time a new manager rocks up. Unless, of course, you know how much they're being offered and how much each and every applicant is asking for. If you don't know, it's pure speculation and boring.

This absolutely. Mods can we have a super rep scoring system please? Much like the NAB cup AFL preseason comp where teams get 9 pts for kicking a goal outside the 50 metre arc instead of the regular 6.

Pete I intend to stick around for another 40 years or more; I would love to see your signature get a telegram from the Queen/King/democratically elected sovereign.

I think that this is a shrewd move. If reports (such as the Rarely Wrong and others) are true, the Board were unhappy with DK not long after he'd been appointed. If that's the case and they realised they'd dropped a bollock, it looks like they still tried to give him a fair crack of the whip. It looked, on occasions, that it may just have worked. Unfortunately, for all concerned, it got worse and couldn't continue.

It was obvious that DK had to go and it appears as though DH wasn't going to be risked until a replacement was found. If he was, then he'd have been in post by Sunday morning. Something had to be done quickly and, with DD's contacts, experience at the highest level and knowledge gained from some of the best in the game, it looks like a decent choice.

There's the chance now to see if he can pull it off. He's probably got a hell of a sight better chance than DK had. If it doesn't look like working (and we'll probably know pretty quickly with formations, brand of football etc) and nothing changes, we can still go after another manager with DD still here as a player. I think it's called hedging your bets.

Had there been an option to vote "Dunn's got the job for keeps unless ...", I'd have gone for that. It's not quite the same as the two choices up there.

And, please, can we stop trotting out this "cheap option" every time a new manager rocks up. Unless, of course, you know how much they're being offered and how much each and every applicant is asking for. If you don't know, it's pure speculation and boring.

Is 7 games and your successor under your nose 'a fair crack of the whip'?

Not so sure, myself.

Is 7 games and your successor under your nose 'a fair crack of the whip'?

Not so sure, myself.

If, as rumours suggest, the Board were pretty pissed off with DK during pre-season, they gave him a couple of months to see if he could prove them wrong rather than give him the Spanish Archer before a ball was kicked in anger. I think they tried to give him a fair crack, but enough was enough. All depends on what your definition of a fair crack is, I guess.

Pete I intend to stick around for another 40 years or more; I would love to see your signature get a telegram from the Queen/King/democratically elected sovereign.

Christ, if I'm around in 40 years' time, I'll be 110yrs and 363 days old. Not sure I can stick around that long.

Does anyone know how much UEFA/The FA make from these daft badges?

If doing all of the badges from FA Level 1 to Level 4 (UEFA A) you can be spending upwards of £7000 if done in England, whereas in Germany you could get all of them for just under 1800, and in Spain for slightly more at about 3000. Edited by MAC0AFC