Oldham v Wigan

I thought we were awful (in an attacking sense) til Poleon came on & their player had a brain fart, then we gave it a really good go.

Mike Jones's set pieces were a disgrace.

Higdon was crap until Poleon & Yates came on but he didn't have any service to be fair to him. Oh and I think I could beat him in a race, and I've not been able to run for about 10 years.

Fulton showed promise but I thought he looked knackered for the last 15 mins and I would have looked at bringing Winchester on to freshen it up.

I thought we worked well without the ball today and is something that you can tell Dunn has worked on. As soon as we lost possesion we had 10/11 men behind the ball working hard to contain their midfield and we kept Hiwula out of the game.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it then two combined up front when we gained the point, that goal wouldn't have been scored otherwise.

We've had this new fangled, cowardly "packing the midfield" bollocks for long enough now that people have forgotten (or are in denial in some cases) that it's quite handy to focus primarily on making things work in the most important area of the field, i.e. up front...

I've seen some :censored:e on twitter and on here, Dunn said he was going to try and nick games 1-0, we're set up not to lose at the minute, we're coming off a 1-5 spanking and a manager with two games under his belt. Of course it isn't going to be Barcalona football. The amount of people in the RRE moaning that Cornell didn't release it quickly or that the defence didn't start quick breaks was unbelievable. After about 20 minutes it was clear that the game plan was to build slowly and try to retain possession, not great to watch but I'll watch that over 1-5 spankings every week.

I'll take a manager trying to feel his way into management based on a side that is hard to beat - that's the plan, the execution is off at times but that's football, there is another team trying to stop your plan working so you don't always get your own way but I'd rather this approach than a gung-ho attempt at tika-taka with 3rd division players.

That OAFC side is one that is low on confidence, new players fitting in and a new manager trying to get them to do certain things, Rome wasn't built in a day and as we all know even a bloody stand takes time let alone a team. Two games undefeated for Dunn now, we've scored in each and there are positives to take away and the bad stuff wasn't that bad really. Anyone with higher expectations needs to have another look, we've been in this league for a billion years for a reason, there is no reason why it won't be gash or dull or boring or dreadful or rubbish.

We didn't lose, we got back in it and salvaged a point from a game where we could have sunk to another home defeat. Their goal was a mess by us but all credit to their lad, that was a lovely finish. Vale next at the graveyard, if we nick another 1-1 there that is another good result, anything more than that will be a bloody miracle!

The team spirit looked much improved

and the 2nd half encouraging. No coincidence though 2 wingers and 2 strikers changed things for the better.

Edited by BP1960

How is it then two combined up front when we gained the point, that goal wouldn't have been scored otherwise.

Wow, you mean without 2 up top, 2 players can't combine to create a goal? My point was that if the effort is there then 1 up top can work. You obviously chose to ignore what I actually put so you could reply with a pile of dog:censored:.

I've got higher expectations. I'm sure Dunn has to.

Should I not bother???

I'm hoping Scarlett Johansson rocks up at our house tonight and the wife fancies a threes up. I'm expecting to cook a chicken vindaloo, drink a couple of bottles of red wine, I fancy a bond film before bed and wake up to watch the grand prix on record.

Expectations are one thing, reality is another. If you expect too much you only get disappointment.

Poor first half, really poor. Second a mixture of the sending off going 2 up top and danny p leaving the feild swung the game in our favour.

Higdon looked the perfect partner for dom too.

Poleon came on with a rocket up his arse - I don't think it would have mattered who he partnered....

I'm hoping Scarlett Johansson rocks up at our house tonight and the wife fancies a threes up. I'm expecting to cook a chicken vindaloo, drink a couple of bottles of red wine, I fancy a bond film before bed and wake up to watch the grand prix on record.

Expectations are one thing, reality is another. If you expect too much you only get disappointment.

Jesus Christ :lol:

Be careful leaving the house.

Message to all budding managers -

Once you have got your coaching badges

dump them in the bin,forget what they

taught you and go with your own ideas.

Unless you have Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar

in your team then one up top doesn't work.

When will the message sink in.

These coaching manuals are killing the

beautiful game !!!

That sending off might just save our season.

We played with true belief from that moment onwards.

Poleon, who I've criticised a lot, was excellent.

Higdon contributed once he had team mates close to him.

Fulton looks a touch above any of our midfielders.

I'm going to Gillingham now.

Wow, you mean without 2 up top, 2 players can't combine to create a goal? My point was that if the effort is there then 1 up top can work. You obviously chose to ignore what I actually put so you could reply with a pile of dog:censored:.

We haven't the midfield players capable of supporting a lone striker, hence

I was proved right today.

Edited by BP1960

That sending off might just save our season.

We played with true belief from that moment onwards.

Poleon, who I've criticised a lot, was excellent.

Higdon contributed once he had team mates close to him.

Fulton looks a touch above any of our midfielders.

I'm going to Gillingham now.

We've got to play Port Vale on Tuesday yet...

He had a poor first half, but was very good in the Kelly role after he went off I thought. Let Yeats and Fulton take the set plays in future.

This is better.

Shame you cant see it cos Im blocked.

Top sub that today (Poleon for Kelly) reduces risk of ref 'evening it up' and got Jones where he should be.

Posted · Hidden by Stevie_J, September 26, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Stevie_J, September 26, 2015 - No reason given

Constructive critism is what it's called, some can't stand it obviously.

This person has a personal agenda by naming me and I now tend to ignore all except his most vitriolic posts.

At least I can hold a conversation without resorting to filth.

Ah.

Ignore post above.