Port Vale v Oldham

Cornell

Dieng

Wilson

Burn

Eckerseley???

Croft (FFS)

Winchester (Dunn had spoken about rotating for this, surely he must play?)

Kelly

Jones

Forte

Paulie Vario

Fulton was very good v Wigan but I'm assuming Dunn might leave him out so soon after his first proper game of the season much like DK did with Burn. That said, it was literally Burn's first ever proper game - Fulton has played plenty up in Scotland.....

Still, surely Winchester must be in for one of Croft, Kelly, Jones or Fulton...???

And how can he drop Poleon after he came on and took the game by the scruff of the neck?

Maybe Poleon for Croft?

Selection headaches after a 1-1 home draw v 10 men. What's it all about?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winchester (Dunn had spoken about rotating for this, surely he must play?)

On the OS last week, Dunn said:

“I’m a big believer in picking your strongest team...I don’t think we have the license to squad rotate as much as other teams are but if we can get a team that is pretty consistent then I think that will help us in the long term."

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/dunn-2708437.aspx

DD says Poleon is food for thought, is that management speak meaning he stays on the bench as we play one up front from the start here?

When asked about a possible Higdon/Poleon partnership he mentioned something about carrying on as we are for now, so I don't think we'll see two up front anytime soon.

When asked about a possible Higdon/Poleon partnership he mentioned something about carrying on as we are for now, so I don't think we'll see two up front anytime soon.

We saw it on Saturday and scored a goal..do we have always go a goal down before its considered?

I think, for now, 1 up is the way to go, away from home at least, Poleon from the bench is a good option but I'm not sure he'd be as effective from the start.

Dunn's done okay so far, lets get a few more points on the board before we go gung ho, ie. walk before you can run.

I get the feeling we will have a good side once Dunn has the squad how he wants it, he's already identified weaknesses and acted very quickly. He hasn't finished yet and there could be one or two more surprises up his sleeve.

Steady improvement and movement up the table is what we need now and if we can be comfortably in the top half by Christmas, January onwards could be something we can all look forward to with renewed optimism.

I think, for now, 1 up is the way to go, away from home at least, Poleon from the bench is a good option but I'm not sure he'd be as effective from the start.

Dunn's done okay so far, lets get a few more points on the board before we go gung ho, ie. walk before you can run.

I get the feeling we will have a good side once Dunn has the squad how he wants it, he's already identified weaknesses and acted very quickly. He hasn't finished yet and there could be one or two more surprises up his sleeve.

Steady improvement and movement up the table is what we need now and if we can be comfortably in the top half by Christmas, January onwards could be something we can all look forward to with renewed optimism.

I'd prefer rapid improvement.
Are you saying we should wait a while before trying to be good at football?

"Calm down lads, let's not be winning games yet. Let's wait til Christmas. Or beyond."

This post has all the urgency of a Danny Philliskirk 90 minutes.