Goals on Sunday

Sounds very grounded but still passionate and ambitious to boot. Ignoring when he fell on his ass at Brum, that VT of shots on goal was brilliant - shame we couldn't turn back the clock a season or two and have him scoring those from midfield for us.

You can't help but like the chap. Also sounds like he gets on with Corney and the Chairman is obviously supporting him with strengthening the squad.

I did also think, would you have had Kelly on that show? One thing Dunn is doing is increasing our profile off the pitch too - he's very well known, has extensive contacts and his networking ability is infinitely greater than his predecessor.

Sounds very grounded but still passionate and ambitious to boot. Ignoring when he fell on his ass at Brum, that VT of shots on goal was brilliant - shame we couldn't turn back the clock a season or two and have him scoring those from midfield for us.

You can't help but like the chap. Also sounds like he gets on with Corney and the Chairman is obviously supporting him with strengthening the squad.

I did also think, would you have had Kelly on that show? One thing Dunn is doing is increasing our profile off the pitch too - he's very well known, has extensive contacts and his networking ability is infinitely greater than his predecessor.

It also might help us get a live league game. More of a story now than before.

Eh? Why would Sky invite a player hardly any viewer will have heard of onto their show?

Unsure if you're whooshing me with you referencing Liam rather than Darren (who I obviously meant)

If not; You miss my point - Dunn is well known, liked by the Sky lot so great for our club in terms of increasing our profile. Darren Kelly would unlikely be invited on - he felt uncomfortable with and didn't want to attend local media. Our club needs this exposure especially when last season it was all negative with Evans.

Damn I forgot about it. Anyone know if it'll be repeated?

It'll be on SkyPlayer, if you have that.

If not then I wouldn't worry too much. There wasn't much said about Latics; it was a Warnock ego-trip and then swiftly on to Dunn's failed skill. Not fond of the unfashionable clubs on Sky...

Warnock needs to shut his fat gob for 2 seconds and let Dunn get a word in

Yeah, I thought that too. You could see Dunn getting slightly frustrated everytime he was asked a question and Warnock interrupted him to answer for him.

Edited by bozman

Not knocking his career he won plenty of promotions but was also binned off by plenty of clubs. Would never manage one of the top clubs which shows his success is based on short term motivation and direct tactics. Dunnys response to the keeper playing from the back highlighted that, Fast becoming a dinosaur. As for him being a link between the Manager and Chairman, after that showing no club in their right mind would want Warnock in their set up, unless the Manager was a silent partner.

To be fair Warnock is one of the most successful managers in the last 25 years. Dunn hasn't won a game yet; Warnock's views as a manager of more value to everyone bar latics fans

He was answering of behalf of Dunn when Dunn was asked how conversations had been with the board had been etc. Was funny to be fair. Don't think he was intentionally rude but he can't keep his mouth shut.

Colin really is a :censored:. Dunn talks sense, in the minimal time he got. Dunn gets asked a question and Warnock starts talking about his mate at the rugby in one of those 'I wish I wasnt here for the start of this terribly pointless and unfunny story' moments.

• 1 month later...