Dunn's not exactly giving our youth set up a ringing endorsement is he?

They cant be anywhere near good enough, Coleman/Winchester/Dave Mellor/Tarkowski are the best to come through in recent years and forced there way into the 1st team squads. I never got how Bove scoring goals against the likes of Morecambe and Tranmeres youth sides has made him out to be some wonderkid

They cant be anywhere near good enough, Coleman/Winchester/Dave Mellor/Tarkowski are the best to come through in recent years and forced there way into the 1st team squads. I never got how Bove scoring goals against the likes of Morecambe and Tranmeres youth sides has made him out to be some wonderkid

To be fair Ryan Brooke had a decent goalscoring record at Youth team level.

Afraid I watched David Mellor sit on the bench for barrow away at altrincham on Saturday.. he has definitely found his level..

The reality is that Dunn is an interim manager, he has to get results from the first team if he is to lose that interim tag. He doesn't have time to wait for the youth to develop even if they may well become good players for him in his second and third season. He needs results now.

The reality is that Dunn is an interim manager, he has to get results from the first team if he is to lose that interim tag. He doesn't have time to wait for the youth to develop even if they may well become good players for him in his second and third season. He needs results now.

The lack of experience can sometimes be outweighed by the lack of inhibition though, especially with an attacking player...

Look at Bove & Tuohy in the last game of last season - they were a breath of fresh air...

A player like that could come on and turn a draw into a win. Much like i imagine Dunn did himself more than once at that age

We've been moaning for years that we don't give our youngsters a chance...the fact is if they were good enough players like Truelove and Bove would have 20 odd games under their belts by now.

Dunn has turned this squad upside down since he got the job and full marks to him. He knows what he wants to do and he's damn well doing it, once again with the backing of Corney.

We've been treading water for 20 years and I reckon we've finally got a guy with a big pair of bollocks and am really excited for the future. Another couple of players to come in according to Corney......bring it on!!