well that was terrible

Holden no coincidence that since he came in we have been awful at the back his previous club on the otherhand ?

He's not our defensive coach. We don't have one. It is just a coincidence. It simply boils down to the fact we don't have any leaders at the back, such as Garnett, Gregan and, as much as it pains me to say it, Lockwood...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not our defensive coach. We don't have one. It is just a coincidence. It simply boils down to the fact we don't have any leaders at the back, such as Garnett, Gregan and, as much as it pains me to say it, Lockwood...

Bingo- Connor Brown knew he had cocked up for their first yesterday, Wilson (presumably vice-captain) told him what he should have done, Kelly didn't even look at him, the only player to give him any encouragement was Cornell, who's been in the team for only a short period.

Wilson's a decent CB at this level, and has experience but there was a reason why he was dropped from captaining the side last year when Kelly was out- he isn't a leader.

I've not been massively impressed with Kelly's leadership capabilities either, he is the most natural captain we have, and will lead by example but sometimes everyone just needs a bit of encouragement especially when they know they have cocked up.

The only real leader we have in the squad is the manager. We need to sign a few more otherwise we are in serious danger of going down.

Croft was absolutely woeful yesterday, there were at least 3 occasions where he had to make a 5 yard pass and he got it wrong. He's been dreadful this season, can't believe he's keeping Winchester out of the team.

Also - after Jones ran the game from the centre vs Wigan a couple of weeks ago, he gets shunted wide left, where he is so isolated and cannot affect the game. So frustrating.

Starting Brown means we start 1-0 down, he will :censored: up, we will concede, and he will never learn. So so so annoying after Dieng's done fine there.

How many times do you hear about teams which finished the season poorly and continue that in the next relegation season. We've won ONE game in 22. 2 home victories in 16 - that is abysmal.

We've got decent players, there's something not quite right. I fear this will be the season it happens. The teams you'd usually expect to be fodder are competing well, and we simply aren't.

Put Jones back in the middle. Overhaul on the right-hand side of the pitch and a commanding centre-back. Absolutely minimum requirements, them.

Looks like Croft, Dunn and Higdon are on the same diet of donner kebab and rag pudding smoothies.

...and living proof, it would seem, that weebles wobble and they do fall down.

It's been a really, really crap year, on and off the pitch. Yesterday was part of a much longer period of decline. It stinks of relegation. Am i the only one who thinks that this isn't a good squad of players? Some keep banging on about it being the best we've had for years. Really? The defence looks terrible, the midfield clueless and the forwards stranded. Players look unfit and some looked weak and pathetic. Why keep playing Brown? Anyone can see he's a totally useless pile of :censored:, but he's not the only one. He's just the worst of a bad bunch. This is not a good squad. Time to stop kidding ourselves.

..........and that is why some are being overly critical of Dunn. He probably knows it's not a great squad. Give him plenty of time to change things and welcome the loan signings, they are there to replace those we think aren't good enough. A good thing surely.

How many times do you hear about teams which finished the season poorly and continue that in the next relegation season. We've won ONE game in 22. 2 home victories in 16 - that is abysmal.

We've got decent players, there's something not quite right. I fear this will be the season it happens. The teams you'd usually expect to be fodder are competing well, and we simply aren't.

Put Jones back in the middle. Overhaul on the right-hand side of the pitch and a commanding centre-back. Absolutely minimum requirements, them.

Spot on! Jones must play central, our right hand side is gash and a weak link, and we are crying out for a proper central defender, a no nonsense organiser.

Now I've watched the highlights I can see a recurring pattern, all the goals we conceded are all on the break. It's as If we are a couple of seconds behind the play every time and yet I can't remember us over committing in attack. We look so unfit or not arsed, I can't decide which one it is.

Now I've watched the highlights I can see a recurring pattern, all the goals we conceded are all on the break. It's as If we are a couple of seconds behind the play every time and yet I can't remember us over committing in attack. We look so unfit or not arsed, I can't decide which one it is.

This fitness nonsense keeps cropping up.

We lack legs, there is a difference.

Dynamic players who can run fast and past people, we have maybe two at the most.

Yeates and Poleon

Here's a thought for our team next Saturday

Cornell

Laferty

Burn

Wilson

Dieng

Winny

Jones

Kelly

Yeates

Poleon

New loan striker

Edited by stevesidg

Yeates and Poleon

Here's a thought for our team next Saturday

Cornell

Laferty

Burn

Wilson

Dieng

Winny

Jones

Kelly

Yeates

Poleon

New loan striker

Can't argue with that. Sounds as though Dunn knows he needs to start droping players who aren't performing. For me that's Croft and Brown.

Got to be 352 for me

Cornell

Burn

Wilson

Dieng

Yates

Jones

kelly

Fulton

Winchester

Poleon

Higdon

It's the only formation that allows us to play our best players in the correct positions.

Ah, Forgot about Fulton. I meant I did. You obviously included him. Edited by Chris Richard

The term "overhaul" usually means selling players and replacing them but the players who'd do better are already there.

Dieng/Wilson/Dumingan/Eckersely, even Winchester have all got to be better than Brown at right back.

Defensively & in offering something going forward (although Brown did produce some decent crosses 2nd half yesterday).

Whether we play with 4 or 5 in midfield WInchester has got to offer more than Croft.

Croft works hard and covers right back but does very little that you expect a proper right winger to do.

If the opposition know this (which they will) they know they don't have too much to worry about and can have their left sided players bombing on to their hearts content.

It's like playing with 10 & a half men with him in the side.

Rather than just running round like a blue arsed fly all game Winchester could be holding onto & carrying the ball (which means the other team haven't got it) and giving them something to worry about with threatening runs and quality passes and crosses. Not to mention his goal threat.

I'd even play Jones there ahead of Croft. Jones can play, and has played, on the right. I understand Dunn always wanting him in the side one way or another as he is one of our best players but, it's pointless if he's wasted on the left.

He's only one of our best players when he plays in his best positions..