MK Dons midfielder in on loan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is interesting isn't it.

Johnson could make more or less the same squad fringe of play offs, albeit dropping, to Holden, Kelly and Dunn turning them into relegation candidates.

And I am no Johnson fan.

How many of us thought we needed 3 or 4 players to really make us kick on.

Instead it is nearly new team. Again.

A period of stability is deperately required.

Remember mk having 2 good attacking midfielders in the youth final last year, who looked better than any of ours. Apart from that though, the rest of their team where very poor, which explains us thrashing them. I presume he's one of the 2, here's hoping anyways.

He was their outstanding player that night.

Edited by BP1960

It is interesting isn't it.

Johnson could make more or less the same squad fringe of play offs, albeit dropping, to Holden, Kelly and Dunn turning them into relegation candidates.

And I am no Johnson fan.

How many of us thought we needed 3 or 4 players to really make us kick on.

Instead it is nearly new team. Again.

A period of stability is deperately required.

If Johnson had thought there was a genuine chance of the playoffs last season I think he would have stayed. If he had got us promoted or even playoffs he'd have had his pick of clubs at a higher level.

I think he knew what was happening and the Barnsley job came along at just the right time.

I'm not happy with all these loan players either but Dunn has experience at a higher level and will know what is required to get up there.

Like you say a period of stability would be favourable, however, I reckon we'll see a few ins and outs in the window and wholesale changes in the summer if he stays.

A big gamble on a manager who was unlikely to attract quality players. Cheap option gambles on players with lifestyle problems and injury issues. A revolving door of short term contracts and loan players. New stand nearing completion. New owners in the background anyone?

I wish the kid the best of luck here. Hopefully he can add something to the team and make us better.

I am, however, totally fed up with the revolving door at the club for players. At the start of the season, the big positive I was taking was that we had kept the nuceus of the squad together. We can argue until we are blue in the face whether those players were good enough but if this club is going to move forward we have to get a squad of players together who are allowed to develop together.

I genuinely don't know who half our players are. I couldn't come close to naming the team I would like to see playing tomorrow off the top of my head. Players coming in for a couple of games before being shipped out again really adds to the apathy I am starting to feel. This is worrying as there must be plenty of others who feel the same way.

Exactly my thoughts.

Is the amount of loans we're having a knock on effect of the disastrous appointment of Kelly?

This all day long had we made the right appointment in the summer we would not be in this situation.

Any manager coming in will have some players they like and some they don't the best time to do this is preseason when players are out of contract adn the manager has time to assess. As a result Dunn is having to do things on the run and we are playing catch up with everyonelse who built their teams in the summer, granted they will still be loaning players but not to the extent we are having too.

The buck stops with the board of directors with the loans, if the player is crap then we can blame BP1960 :)

He was their outstanding player that night.

Any of our outstanding team given a chance yet then? It smacks of desperation and this clean slate every player had when Dunn started with is out of the window, to me bringing in loans tell me they have run out of ideas and cant improve and bring on players like Johnson had a knack of doing, is this the limit of Dunns contacts? The mans as out of his depth in management at the same level Kelly was results and signings are proving that.

This all day long had we made the right appointment in the summer we would not be in this situation.

Any manager coming in will have some players they like and some they don't the best time to do this is preseason when players are out of contract adn the manager has time to assess. As a result Dunn is having to do things on the run and we are playing catch up with everyonelse who built their teams in the summer, granted they will still be loaning players but not to the extent we are having too.

The buck stops with the board of directors with the loans, if the player is crap then we can blame BP1960 :)

Sorry but thats complete bollocks everyone on here was chuffed to bits when there was no business done pre season and the squad retained, now its all Kellys fault even though Dunn has been equally poor been allowed to bring his own coach in and has overseen 6 or 7 signings.

Any of our outstanding team given a chance yet then? It smacks of desperation and this clean slate every player had when Dunn started with is out of the window, to me bringing in loans tell me they have run out of ideas and cant improve and bring on players like Johnson had a knack of doing, is this the limit of Dunns contacts? The mans as out of his depth in management at the same level Kelly was results and signings are proving that.

If anything, his signings have proved he's astute in the transfer market...

Where he hasn't yet won anybody over is his tactics. 10 games in we are none-the-wiser.

A big gamble on a manager who was unlikely to attract quality players. Cheap option gambles on players with lifestyle problems and injury issues. A revolving door of short term contracts and loan players. New stand nearing completion. New owners in the background anyone?

TO be fair that has been our modus operandi for a few years now predating KElly, and Dunn. In some cases it nearly wokred, or at last worked to our benefit eg Jose Baxter.

I don't really follow the youth.

We've had 3-4 defenders on the bench recently.

Who are the youth midfielders/strikers and why aren't they making the breakthrough? Physique? Talent?

We've been on the back foot, in relegation dogfights with the managers needing results that none have had the luxury of blooding youngsters.

You could argue a case for sink or swim, but that really should not be the perferred way to train them up.

For me the managers have bottled bringing on the youths. Factor in the loss of the Reserve Team and the step up is too big.

I don't really follow the youth.

We've had 3-4 defenders on the bench recently.

Who are the youth midfielders/strikers and why aren't they making the breakthrough? Physique? Talent?

TBH I've not seen any recently I would put in the first team, certainly none are anywhere near the class of Rasulo, who, if he progresses in the right direction, could go on to win full international honours.

I can see many lower division youth systems collapsing soon, as more and more pick up those youths not retained by Premier and Championship clubs.

We also have no reserve team to progress the kids so it could all fall apart.

More Rasulo skills;

Edited by BP1960

TBH I've not seen any recently I would put in the first team, certainly none are anywhere near the class of Rasulo, who, if he progresses in the right direction, could go on to win full international honours.

I can see many lower division youth systems collapsing soon, as more and more pick up those youths not retained by Premier and Championship clubs.

We also have no reserve team to progress the kids so it could all fall apart.

More Rasulo skills;

An attacking midfielder scoring goals !!!!!

We will soon knock that out of him - stupid boy