barnsley

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming that it was LJ who decided he wanted to leave, his impending sacking shows what a foolish decision leaving us was.

He was never going to get the time to develop a squad and learn his trade there like he would have done at BP. If we'd have made the play offs, his stick at the end of the season would have been twice as high as it was, and I wouldn't mind betting he would have got offers from the top half of the championship.

Barnsley was a hiding to nothing, and only a minor step up from where he was. The grass isn't always greener LJ!!!

Assuming that it was LJ who decided he wanted to leave, his impending sacking shows what a foolish decision leaving us was.

He was never going to get the time to develop a squad and learn his trade there like he would have done at BP. If we'd have made the play offs, his stick at the end of the season would have been twice as high as it was, and I wouldn't mind betting he would have got offers from the top half of the championship.

Barnsley was a hiding to nothing, and only a minor step up from where he was. The grass isn't always greener LJ!!!

Totally agree.

Staurt Grey will replace Lee Johnson according to some on Twitter.

No shame in the club admitting they made another mistake in Dunn. If Johnson goes get him back.

I don't want us to be on 3 managers before crimbo but it seemed a good fit with Johnson and he kept us up first time he was appointed.

Maybe he has learnt his lesson and I don't blame anyone for wanting to better themselves. He did the dirty with the ched scandel as he instigated it afrer previously turning him down at end of November.

Wonder how many other fans would have him back?

is that a serious post westy!! Come on bud, the two deserve all the :censored: they are going through

Haha yes. Sometimes it just fits at one club amd he fitted ours. Agree he screwed us but with Dunn in charge I think we will struggle and could go down.

true bud,admit we had a bit of hope for a stint of his management, but the way he went and the way Tommy :censored:e was when they returned to bp, it's the only thing what cheers me up abit after watching our lot

Johnson got us into a great position then blew it. The last few games under him were dreadful. He"s continued that poor run at barnsley....

No way on earth i would have him back. I'd rather bring back Ronnie Moor or Dave Penney. The guy got given a chance by us when he had no real claim to any management job at this level and he repaid us by running off as soon as a 'bigger' club came calling.

Hopefully he gets his comeuppance and ends up in the managerial scrapheap. League 2 and below clubs won't fall for his patter and any league one club (inc. us) wouldn't touch him with his abysmal record

It wasn't just him that decided to leave though was it.

Corney is happy to make money of players and managers. We have to, to survive.

He wouldn't have been applying, while his stock was high, if that wasn't the case. And him and Corney certainly wouldn't still be mates...

This isn't Corney bashing. Just the obvious. It's business.

It wasn't just him that decided to leave though was it.

Corney is happy to make money of players and managers. We have to, to survive.

He wouldn't have been applying, while his stock was high, if that wasn't the case. And him and Corney certainly wouldn't still be mates...

This isn't Corney bashing. Just the obvious. It's business.

Not sure it is a case of having to, more wanting to.

Not sure it is a case of having to, more wanting to.

True to a point - but how often would we have the chance to make money off a manager, usually it's the opposite. And we thought at the time we had a good group of players tied down to contract for another boss to work with. But the Kelly fiasco/gamble/CV entrapment has shafted us.

Have Johnson back....? Why is that even a thought. He had lost it, knew it and whilst selling more snake oil was touting his skills to anyone who had a glimmer of a vacancy. His part in Evans Gate to consider as well. Not Mr innocent from what has been said since.

He got the best backing from the fans but let us down big style. No way back thanks.

Its a wind-up. No Oldham fan with any sense of pride would want that little :censored: back. Seriously. No one.

Either that are people expressing such views are just spineless idiots.

Its a wind-up. No Oldham fan with any sense of pride would want that little :censored: back. Seriously. No one.

Either that are people expressing such views are just spineless idiots.

Thats far too strong.

I can understand why people wouldn't consider it - and share many of those reservations... BUT

There was nothing lucky about the progression from April to November last year. We started by playing resiliant football, but by the time we rocked up at Ashton Gate we were as measured and impressive a side as there was in the division at the time.

Both ourselves and LJ have seriously lost our way since, but who is to blame for that remains shrouded in rumour and half truths.

I can see why it has gone tits up at Barnsley.... There are many managers with a better pedigree who have gone the same way at Oakwell.

We were clearly a good fit - and it is very possible that whatever created that fit is now well and truly lost. However to suggest it is absurd that you would consider it strikes me as naive. People have short memories if you are winning games!

Thats far too strong.

I can understand why people wouldn't consider it - and share many of those reservations... BUT

There was nothing lucky about the progression from April to November last year. We started by playing resiliant football, but by the time we rocked up at Ashton Gate we were as measured and impressive a side as there was in the division at the time.

Both ourselves and LJ have seriously lost our way since, but who is to blame for that remains shrouded in rumour and half truths.

I can see why it has gone tits up at Barnsley.... There are many managers with a better pedigree who have gone the same way at Oakwell.

We were clearly a good fit - and it is very possible that whatever created that fit is now well and truly lost. However to suggest it is absurd that you would consider it strikes me as naive. People have short memories if you are winning games!

I hold a grudge for life. He can fcuk right off

So am a spineless idiot for wanting a manager who gave us genuine hope since Dowie back. I can live with that.

False hope. He's a :censored: and I can't wait till it's 3-0, 2 mins left of extra time to feel safe to give the dwarf it big time. Sacked in the morning, ya gonna be sacked in the morning...................... the whole ground

I loved Johnson. I thought he was fresh, emotionally intelligent, enthusiastic, committed, and the way forward for our club.

And I really do believe that's how he started. Since then, a few things I've heard about his man-management techniques were at polar opposites of how he tried to portray them.

Then he buggered off because some trollop over the hill offered him more money.

Then he got :censored: results for half a season.

Even if you ignore how :censored: he's done at Barnsley, and how he'd declined with us over a few weeks before he :censored:ed off, how on earth could you ever trust him again?

I likened him leaving us in February to Latics being a jilted partner (because I am melodramatic like that). Ignoring all the jilted lover stuff that seem like sour grapes, could we ever trust him to stick with us ever again?

No.

I've probably not put my point across very well ?(I went to Mansfield today and gave just about managed to drink myself back to life) but I'm astounded anyone at all would have him back.

Edited by maddog

I loved Johnson. I thought he was fresh, emotionally intelligent, enthusiastic, committed, and the way forward for our club.

And I really do believe that's how he started. Since then, a few things I've heard about his man-management techniques were at polar opposites of how he tried to portray them.

Then he buggered off because some trollop over the hill offered him more money.

Then he got :censored: results for half a season.

Even if you ignore how :censored: he's done at Barnsley, and how he'd declined with us over a few weeks before he :censored:ed off, how on earth could you ever trust him again?

I likened him leaving us in February to Latics being a jilted partner (because I am melodramatic like that). Ignoring all the jilted lover stuff that seem like sour grapes, could we ever trust him to stick with us ever again?

No.

I've probably not put my point across very well (I went to Mansfield today and gave just about managed to drink myself back to life) but I'm astounded anyone at all would have him back.

Perfectly clear for me. You have hit the nail on the head.

His public persona is at odds with how he is in private.

For me, nothng exemplifies this more than when he stood outside BP in his "Up to the Board", and most assumed (wongly I think it is now obvious) that it was a Board move. It was clearly his, and he was so spineless and balls less to say so to preserve his public persona, rather than the money grabber he has transpired to be.

He looks after number one, no matter what.

And like you, I'd never trust him again.

Barnsley play York in the jpt tonight. Has anyone ever been sacked after losing a jpt game?

No idea, but lets hope that we keep our run going of managers being sacked AFTER losing to us.

Wonder if their Chairman sees our game as so important not to lose , or become the straw the breaks the camels back, again and needs to shake things up before such a crucial game!

Edited by singe

False hope. He's a :censored: and I can't wait till it's 3-0, 2 mins left of extra time to feel safe to give the dwarf it big time. Sacked in the morning, ya gonna be sacked in the morning...................... the whole ground

Even if Barnsley are the :censored:test team in the league I highly doubt we would be 3-0 at any point.