No TV game

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Silly rule.

It hasn't worked out great here, but it ensured a big payday for Latics a couple of years ago for the replay at Goodison where tickets were £25 rather than say £10 which may have been charged had Everton had the opportunity.

We should start a new club to protest against it (but then implement it regardless when we get to a level where the rule applies. Of course making as much fuss as possible about it in the media).

Can we wear our old scarves, re-use the club name or a variation of it and sing the same songs too. Or would that make us look like a set of idiots?

Effing hell Sav, thought I was mad, and I will be doing about 75%.

I am a bit taken aback by this....I had always thought that out of say the average 3500 crowd about 3000 went to every game ( barring a holiday or a wedding). I very rarely miss a game and most Latics fans I know don't either.

What are others experiences?

I can't do the maths( I can but can't be bothered ) but if every 3500 crowd contains 1500 occasional visitors doesn't that mean we have considerable more supporters than we think?

I am a bit taken aback by this....I had always thought that out of say the average 3500 crowd about 3000 went to every game ( barring a holiday or a wedding). I very rarely miss a game and most Latics fans I know don't either.

I can't do the maths( I can but can't be bothered ) but if every 3500 crowd contains 1500 occasional visitors doesn't that mean we have considerable more supporters than we think?

I have often argued the opposite to your current held view. It is my experience we have lots more than 3500 fans, with around 2000 who come every week and another 3000 or so who pick and choose.

Dont forget, when we beat crewe (2-1 I think) about six years ago on a tuesday nite, SC was moaning about a crowd of over 5500 for what he called a 'derby'. There was about 300 from crewe.

Home games, yes. I think they;re talking about aways aswell

£15 was agreed before the first game. It has to be the same price for both fixtures.

Not sure it does, given IIRC we've had a recent replay priced differently than the original fixture, in fact it may have been the Mansfield game, or more likely the Wolves one.

Actually the club playing at home sets the price- it's only in the qualifying rounds that the price has be agreed between both clubs.

Presumably when clubs at different levels are drawn against each other there is a tradition for some form of gentleman's agreement on prices, but it isn't in the rules as such.

FYI if your side draws a non-league team in any round from the 3rd the non-league side gets a bigger cut of the gate receipts.

BBC 2 showing Salford again in the 2nd Rd! So they can kiss arse suck up to the 'class of 92' The magic of the Cup eh? Chatting about & showing goals from Utds past Cup wins when they should be focusing on Salford & their opponents.

The Beeb must be devastated that FC Utd are out. Oh well they will be able to put the real deal on in the 3rd. Real impartiality not pro Man Utd at all...Wankers!

BBC 2 showing Salford again in the 2nd Rd! So they can kiss arse suck up to the 'class of 92' The magic of the Cup eh? Chatting about & showing goals from Utds past Cup wins when they should be focusing on Salford & their opponents.

The Beeb must be devastated that FC Utd are out. Oh well they will be able to put the real deal on in the 3rd. Real impartiality not pro Man Utd at all...Wankers!

Are you genuinely suggesting that Salford, two divisions below the Conference, having beaten a League 2 team in the previous round, aren't the number one pick for a second round match at home to another League 2 team?

Are you genuinely suggesting that Salford, two divisions below the Conference, having beaten a League 2 team in the previous round, aren't the number one pick for a second

round match at home to another League 2 team?

I'm suggesting that the BBC would have put them on no matter what! There are other non league vs league fixtures.

Never in the past have they put the same team on 1st & 2nd Rd.

I have nothing against Salford & hope they win. I just don't think they should be on the BBC again. They have more money than most non league teams plus many league teams. Why isn't anybody else getting an opportunity?

Northwich Vic/ Borehamwood vs Northampton for example. All 3 could do with a cash bonus.

Warrington played both their 1st and 2nd round games on TV last season. Albeit one on BBC, one on BT.

We should all want Salford to lose. Bit too much of a city whine, but still a good read: http://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/why-man-united-fans-hypocrisy-is-startling

Put Salford on BT then, I am not disputing its a great story at all. BBC will put them on twice & then Utd 3rd Rd. It's a definite bias imo

Put Salford on BT then, I am not disputing its a great story at all. BBC will put them on twice & then Utd 3rd Rd. It's a definite bias imo

Whereas you address it as an interested objective onlooker with no axe to grind re united and Manchester :)

PS I think most on here have a similar axe!

Not long since we were on the BBC two rounds running is it?

4th & 5th Rd as I recall not 1st & 2nd. Let's all be honest, they wouldn't be on TV for a 2nd time on the run if it wasnt for class of 92. I don't begrudge them but the Beeb & ' the class of 92' can do one! Was Phil Neville even in that group!?

Not long since we were on the BBC two rounds running is it?

4th & 5th Rd as I recall not 1st & 2nd. Let's all be honest, they wouldn't be on TV for a 2nd time on the run if it wasnt for class of 92. I don't begrudge them but the Beeb & ' the class of 92' can do one! Was Phil Neville even in that group!?

Pedantic me wishes to point out that when we played Liverpool and Everton on TV in successive rounds, it was on ITV.

We will have been on BBC in successive rounds running in the 90s.