Please don't be mean to our players during the game

Your summary of why fans are fed up is a good one but I fully agree with deyres42, that this meet the manager/board type bollocks is just an empty bit of charm that sends the fans away feeling more positive while the club continues down exactly the same path it has for years, creeping ever closer to League 2.

As I put the suggestion forward originally I should defend it a bit. I wasn't talking about the sort of thing you've described there, where we get the usual honest sounding platitudes, "we're all working hard", "club available to the right kind of person that can take it forward", "dressing room really positive", "turning a corner" and all those usual soundbites which like you, Harry and deyres say are fairly empty.

What I was talking about was hearing each board member talk about their experience, their specific role and targets and actual evidence or plans of how they are or will achieve those goals. With specific *insert normal word here that means KPIs but not KPIs so I don't sound like a management speaking :censored:* that can be measured.

This would be followed by questions from the floor - not being spoon fed by a soft host who would allow them to get away with throw away cliched answers either.

The Trust representitive on the board could then keep tabs on progress and feed back regularly to fans at Trust meetings. So there is transparency and some honesty about what the board is trying to do and whether they are able to do it or not.

Accountability for not carrying out their intentions would be tricky to impose obviously, but my idea was about trying to rebuild a bit of a relationship between the club and the fans. I can't see it ever happening though.

A few may be content with a bit of a decent run and finishing top 10, but I think after 20 years of misery the ill feeling and apathy runs a lot deeper than that for many.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I put the suggestion forward originally I should defend it a bit. I wasn't talking about the sort of thing you've described there, where we get the usual honest sounding platitudes, "we're all working hard", "club available to the right kind of person that can take it forward", "dressing room really positive", "turning a corner" and all those usual soundbites which like you, Harry and deyres say are fairly empty.

What I was talking about was hearing each board member talk about their experience, their specific role and targets and actual evidence or plans of how they are or will achieve those goals. With specific *insert normal word here that means KPIs but not KPIs so I don't sound like a management speaking :censored:* that can be measured.

This would be followed by questions from the floor - not being spoon fed by a soft host who would allow them to get away with throw away cliched answers either.

The Trust representitive on the board could then keep tabs on progress and feed back regularly to fans at Trust meetings. So there is transparency and some honesty about what the board is trying to do and whether they are able to do it or not.

Accountability for not carrying out their intentions would be tricky to impose obviously, but my idea was about trying to rebuild a bit of a relationship between the club and the fans. I can't see it ever happening though.

A few may be content with a bit of a decent run and finishing top 10, but I think after 20 years of misery the ill feeling and apathy runs a lot deeper than that for many.

I don't share your sense of entitlement to such information and would back the club 100% if they were to reply ":censored: off" to such a request.

I don't share your sense of entitlement to such information and would back the club 100% if they were to reply ":censored: off" to such a request.

For starters I don't have a sense of entitlement to anything. I don't need to know personally - I live :censored:ing miles away so I hardly even go to any games. If they don't want to say anything at all to the fans that's up to them. But there's an undeniable rift between the fans and the club and there shouldn't be. Something needs to be done to fix that. This was just one suggestion.

Would it be damaging to the club to have that information in the open?

On the playing front or on player recruitment, I agree with you. Any financial information, I agree with you. But to know what ideas the marketing director has for getting more people through the door for one example - why can't that be discussed in the open?

For starters I don't have a sense of entitlement to anything. I don't need to know personally - I live :censored:ing miles away so I hardly even go to any games. If they don't want to say anything at all to the fans that's up to them. But there's an undeniable rift between the fans and the club and there shouldn't be. Something needs to be done to fix that. This was just one suggestion.

Would it be damaging to the club to have that information in the open?

On the playing front or on player recruitment, I agree with you. Any financial information, I agree with you. But to know what ideas the marketing director has for getting more people through the door for one example - why can't that be discussed in the open?

You can't, and shouldn't, go and give a load of people a grilling about their jobs.....

It's upto Corney or their immediate superior to hold them accountable, nobody else.

They'd probably have grounds to go off with stress & sue the club if the club were to allow such a thing to happen.

A lot of sharks are being jumped on here this week :lol:

Yes but I don't think that one did

Same old but obvious response to it is - for whom?

Does it really matter anymore? This club needs change and fast.

Not that I would ever wish it again but even in the worst case scenario and we got another Chris Moore, at least that stirred the passion up amongst fans who rallied. This is just a slow and painful death

Does it really matter anymore? This club needs change and fast.

Not that I would ever wish it again but even in the worst case scenario and we got another Chris Moore, at least that stirred the passion up amongst fans who rallied. This is just a slow and painful death

Yeah of course it matters.

It could be a very quick & very painful death if we get the wrong owners, people are not happy now but the :censored: would really hit the fan if we got somene who did what Moore did.

why would anyone risk the clubs future because of boredom?

Yeah of course it matters.

It could be a very quick & very painful death if we get the wrong owners, people are not happy now but the :censored: would really hit the fan if we got somene who did what Moore did.

why would anyone risk the clubs future because of boredom?

Absolutely.

Just look at Stockport, Tranmere, Wrexham, Halifax, Maidstone, Scarborough . It's not worth going all through that in a fit of pique.

Ever.

And those clamouring for Corney to go, would be the first to chuck in the towel and walk away from the club when the going got really tough.

Absolutely.

Just look at Stockport, Tranmere, Wrexham, Halifax, Maidstone, Scarborough . It's not worth going all through that in a fit of pique.

Ever.

And those clamouring for Corney to go, would be the first to chuck in the towel and walk away from the club when the going got really tough.

And don't look at Bournemouth, Rotherham, Doncaster, Peterborough, Bristol City, Huddersfield and many more who have had new owners and progressed because of it.

I'm fully aware of the risks but I'm also aware of the potential benefits a new owner could bring.

We have as much chance of doing a hull or Brighton as we do of emulating Portsmouth or Blackpool.

One things for sure though we certainly ain't going up sticking with corney

Edited by philliggi

And don't look at Bournemouth, Rotherham, Doncaster, Peterborough, Bristol City, Huddersfield and many more who have had new owners and progressed because of it.

Nobody is saying that new owners couldn't bring progress . The point is if Corney just "eff off" there's no guarantee we would get a new owner that was a good one - it isn't as easy as that

Edited by LaticsPete

I didn't say not sell, Corney will sell in due course, we all know that.

It would have to be someone/people prepared to take the club to the next level. To be fair, I think we all agree on that. If it is the right person we'd all be clamouring, me included.

I am not sure Doncaster are a particualrly good example, or the oft used Crewe for that matter. The others, of course, are good. We just need to be careful we get similar to those owners you have said, and not a Cellino at Leeds. Hence not just :censored: Off Corney knee jerk.

So my target was specifially to the Anyone-but-Corney brigade.

Edited by singe

I'm fully aware of the risks but I'm also aware of the potential benefits a new owner could bring.

We have as much chance of doing a hull or Brighton as we do of emulating Portsmouth or Blackpool.

One things for sure though we certainly ain't going up sticking with corney

There is little "chance" about it. We have to make sure it is the right person, rather than sell to anyone who rides into town flashing the cash.

Regardless though anyone is a gamble just as signing a player would be.

You can liken it to signing a star striker or sticking with the 3 goal a season man.

It's a gamble that he may not settle in, may suffer injury, may do a runner in six months time for more money. But you would take that risk because you know if your only other striker is only getting you 3 a season your going down.

At the moment corney is our 3 goal a season man

Regardless though anyone is a gamble just as signing a player would be.

You can liken it to signing a star striker or sticking with the 3 goal a season man.

It's a gamble that he may not settle in, may suffer injury, may do a runner in six months time for more money. But you would take that risk because you know if your only other striker is only getting you 3 a season your going down.

At the moment corney is our 3 goal a season man

If Corney can score 3 goals a season get him in the side now.

Your summary of why fans are fed up is a good one but I fully agree with deyres42, that this meet the manager/board type bollocks is just an empty bit of charm that sends the fans away feeling more positive while the club continues down exactly the same path it has for years, creeping ever closer to League 2.

Also all that bollocks if for the latics perverts who like to feel important and have a bit of power. 'We've met Corney, very positive' zzzzz Most of us don't give a :censored: what they say, actions speak louder than words.

Whatever people think Corney is doing things his way. He's not going to pay attention to a few super fans who want to play board member for an evening. 3 wins on the spin, Dunn getting a transfer window to :censored: Yeates et al off and we'll be reet, probably.

Corney is like death from a thousand paper cuts, long drawn out sign posted death. I'd rather get my brains blown out riding a Brazilian stripper. Look at how much fun the Bury fans are having or Blackpool had. I'd take a Torex episode over 7 more years of this :censored:e.

I'd like to know when Corney says he'll sell the club does he include the stadium in that? They have gone to pains to ensure the club doesn't own it.

Edited by Clifford