Sarcastic Negative Fans!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The away support is :censored: recently, a knob element has creeped in, the next bad result and things are going to turn nasty.

Agreed it isn't as good as previously. However the football being played with negative tactics is only going to make it worse. No doubt it will get nasty if the football and lack of intent from the manager continues to be poor and negative.

A knob element has creeped in, but largely it is part of the clubs own making with the decisions made by the board and managers over the past 12 months.

This, this and this again. Some are behaving like little flowers, if you are going to give it out, then be man enough to take it too. Man up.

Well said Dunn.

Well why shouldn't the fans chant? In case a few precious tarts or just one manager get offended?

Agreed it isn't as good as previously. However the football being played with negative tactics is only going to make it worse. No doubt it will get nasty if the football and lack of intent from the manager continues to be poor and negative.

A knob element has creeped in, but largely it is part of the clubs own making with the decisions made by the board and managers over the past 12 months.

It is, and I can understand it to a degree at home.

Away from home, hardcore supporters generally, you know we are :censored: and yet you still boo and heckle the team, I don't get that mentality.

Mr Dunn you are indeed right that the negative chants from the stands can have a very negative impact on the players.

Now you know EXACTLY how the fans feel because years of negative play from past managers and players have had such a negative effect on the fans.

The remedy is entirely in your hands , STOP playing negative :censored:e especially at home and us fans will smile for once (maybe even in defeat)

Over to you !!!!

I'm not sure I believe that. When the crowd gets behind the team, we still lose..

Don't get you. I didn't say that if the crowd is positive we will win. The majority of players will get more confident the more encouragement they get. Don't think that can be disputed can it?

It was gallows humour.

Dunn & the many of you who don't seem to get that need to get out more...

The world's gone mad.

#amf etc....

I doubt he's that bothered about Saturday really, more of a general plea for the incessant whingebags across social media to give a rest.

It was gallows humour.

Dunn & the many of you who don't seem to get that need to get out more...

The world's gone mad.

#amf etc....

Gallows humour is one thing. But he probably hears and is the target of more than gallows humour in the dug out during home games.

We've all been there and heard the sarcastic cheers when someone having a bad game is taken off. That's not gallows humour.

Whether he's right about one particular chant is up for debate. But I think the sentiment is right - there's a lack of patience among the fans. But that's probably more to do with what's gone on long before Dunn joined.

We've got some wet arse fans. Stop being so over sensitive. Corney says something, perverts on here are demanding to meet him. I think we've got :censored:e fans, certainly at home. There is little to no atmosphere bar the ADHD squad. You cannot say that is down to product on the park as many teams worse off than us have a better more positive atmosphere at home. I actually commented on how positive Mansfield main stand was compared to ours. That was at the start and during the game. At BP on Tuesday if its 0-0 after 10 mins the atmosphere will be lower than Lee Crofts self esteem.

"Oh the fans we're great" why do we need to hear crap like that if he is pissed off. "We're Oldham and we're :censored:e" was being sung first half at Mansfield and some booed them off at half time. The main stand paddock is like a special school at lunch time some of the bollocks that is shouted out in there. People moaning about going sideways then in the next breath moaning if a direct balls goes too deep.

I feel the fans at home go to games expecting the players to lift them rather than looking at it the other way. Having sat in the RRE end most games I'd forgotten how negative the fans in the paddock were. At Burton Dunn was already beginning to bite with one or two, it's clear the fans will get to him easily.

I'm all for hurling vile abuse when it's deserved but not 30 mins into a game.

Weren't the people Dunn's having a go at doing exactly what you suggest we need to do - taking the piss out of ourselves? Yet, you want to upboat him? I'm confused.

Personally, I think he's being a bit of a dick.

What I meant to say Steve was that he needs to understand that we need to take the piss out of ourselves. There are many reasons for that, most of which are on view throughout OWTB.

Maybe he is being over sensitive, maybe he isn't. One thing is clear is that he is confident in his ability to turn it round. He is also committed to achieving it. It borders on arrogance sometimes, but I firmly believe that his belief in himself, whatever we think that it is, is finally starting to filter through to the players. If he says that he intends to achieve success here in far less time than it took our most successful manager to achieve, then I reckon that he believes that he can. That is far better than most of the tripe that our most recent managers have spouted of late.

Jurgen Klopp has a go at Liverpool fans for walking out early last week...people say, good on him he's not afraid to speak his mind. Klopp said he felt alone! Ironic really at Liverpool!

Dunn says what he's feeling and he's get abuse for it!

I hate what we've become. I think he's brave for saying what we all really think. The atmosphere is dog :censored: at home, so every moan is heard by the players. We all moaned at the Burton game about the negative play but on the flip side did we get behind the lads when we went 1-0 down?

Things need to change and I think starting tomorrow v Mansfield we should try our best to hold the negative comments in and get behind them and create an atmosphere.

Edited by harry1203

It is, and I can understand it to a degree at home.

Away from home, hardcore supporters generally, you know we are :censored: and yet you still boo and heckle the team, I don't get that mentality.

It all depends on the circumstances though. In the first 45, half of the team couldn't play a 5 yard pass to each other in space. The defending was shocking, not much attacking wise due to the way we set up & Mills somehow hit a freekick closer to the cornerflag despite shooting on the same side. I booed the team off at half-time but didn't get involved in the second half chants.

Add to that not scoring since the Swindon game, just one fan who attended the Rochdale, Burton, Mansfield and Chesterfield game could easily have spent well over £100 following the team with tickets, travel, food etc and getting what out of it? They'd have seen zero goals and little attacking intent until we scored in the 72nd minute. That might not be much to Dunn who was probably on £30k a week in the prem, but to most fans thats alot of money to watch the :censored:e being offered.

I like him really. I like the fact he says what he thinks, he gives an impression that he won't stand for any :censored:, which is what you need to an extent in the changing room. Fed up with the cliques time and time again from our previous managers, he's abit different and I like it.

The main stand paddock is like a special school at lunch time some of the bollocks that is shouted out in there.

I went to a special school Cliff and I never remember myself shouting a load of bollocks at lunch time !

Edited by drphibes

And the negative tactics and performances can directly affect the confidence of the long suffering fans. It's not rocket science

You talk as if he's blaming everything that's gone wrong on a sarcastic chant. He isn't. He has frequently said that he's not been happy with the quality and he understands the fans not being happy. Why are you ignoring that?