One to see - FA youth cup 12th Jan.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Renshaw was quality throughout and made some terrific saves both in the shootout and from open play. Handles very well and commands his box well from corners. The goal we conceded was a freak. Definitely ready for the bench IMO.

Mantack (RB) his absolutely rapid. Struggled positionally at times first half but wasn't given much protection. Big threat coming forward and defensively got better and better as game progressed. Capped display with attacking penalty.

King (CB no.4) improved as the game progressed and very commanding in the air.

Fallon (LB) and Hargreaves (LW) linked up superbly all game and pressed very high up the field. Some excellent crosses from the pair.

Lee Knight (RB) has the best chance of progressing for me. Awesome technique and very direct with his wing plays should have scored a header late on but very very impressed.

Rio Murray (CF) has ability and presence but drifted in and out a little too much. Definitely one with potential.

Read and Leonard in CM ran and ran all night. Not convinced by either but Leonard got the goal.

Glackin (no.12) came on up top second half and has a great touch and movement, albeit against tiring opposition. Should have scored on two occasions but was very impressed and looking forward to seeing him again.

Brilliant night to cap off an excellent day! 4th round against Luton - I'd recommend it. Hats off to all the lads on both sides, who produced an end-to-end high energy contest.

WEM-BER-LEY!

Saw what you did there..!

The referee was the best performance of the night.

Mantack at RB very very very pacy and a good runner with the ball - positionally unaware at times though defensively.

Two centre midfielders very hard working, although limited technically from what I saw although harsh to judge off 1 performance.

One of the three centre backs we played were class? not sure which one.

Can't remember the name of the really small left footed lad who caught my eye in last year's final, BP said he'd even played CB, is he still here?

Callum Scullion, unfortunately out for a year with a very serious injury.

The referee was the best performance of the night.

Mantack at RB very very very pacy and a good runner with the ball - positionally unaware at times though defensively.

Two centre midfielders very hard working, although limited technically from what I saw although harsh to judge off 1 performance.

One of the three centre backs we played were class? not sure which one.

I think you mean the centre back Rory Middleton who was subbed due to an injury, last time I saw him he was in central midfield, which might explain why he looked good on the ball.

Edited by BP1960

If Latics get past Luton, they will be playing Preston.

The youth are at Chesterfield on Saturday, it's asking a lot to play 3 games in 7 days, they were shattered after extra time against Bournemouth.

I assume though TP will rest them all.

Yesterday..Bournemouth youth 2 Luton Town youth 4..looks like a tough match for the Latics kids in the next round of the youth cup . One to watch out for seems their striker Freddie Hinds, who scored an hat trick.

Edited by BP1960