When we sign a commanding centre-back...

First choice CB  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you choose to partner a new centre-back?

• Dieng
    • James Wilson
    • Brian Wilson

about this commanding leader of men centre half......what is he doing at the moment? Where is he surplus to requirements?

What is the basis for thinking we are going to pick up the phone on Jan 1st and whistle up some commanding leader of men centre half on a free transfer and for £1000 a week. They aren't out there?

Umm.... he only played twice for us .......we lost 2-1 and 5-1 at home. He is not the template I would be using

Not the point I was trying to make! I'd have expected Wilson to be in charge with either of them.

O'Connell will be a decent player mind once he starts having a joint and a couple of Valium before he takes the pitch

One or the other......but not both? Surely either is a singular pronoun? I am not sure with either of them means the same as with each of them or with both of them. I could be wrong. Good discussion if somewhat esoteric.

Edited by Magister

Both Dieng and Wilson are too easily beaten at times.

When Wilson wants to step his game up and is in the right frame of mind he's well worthy of a place.

Dieng is arguably more consistent, and perhaps more composed on the ball too, but not sure if he can subdue a striker in the same way Wilson can just nullify them from the game at his best.

Still see it as the best of two average defenders though, rather than a positive decision.

Both Dieng and Wilson are too easily beaten at times.

When Wilson wants to step his game up and is in the right frame of mind he's well worthy of a place.

Dieng is arguably more consistent, and perhaps more composed on the ball too, but not sure if he can subdue a striker in the same way Wilson can just nullify them from the game at his best.

Still see it as the best of two average defenders though, rather than a positive decision.

Agreed.

I think both are good enough for us, but it's a choice between them rather than playing both in my opinion.

While Gerrard has his flaws, I'm baffled that we didn't offer him at least a short term contract after he didn't find a club in the summer. He's the type of centre back we've needed all season.

Agreed.

I think both are good enough for us, but it's a choice between them rather than playing both in my opinion.

While Gerrard has his flaws, I'm baffled that we didn't offer him at least a short term contract after he didn't find a club in the summer. He's the type of centre back we've needed all season.

I wanna see someone horrible like him constantly winding strikers up. Nip them, shout at them, call their mum, whatever, just put them off and stop them scoring. Gregan was same, got away with all sorts when ref wasn't looking. We're too soft