Decision Time

So with the transfer window approaching... Let's guess that if you were Corney, you'd have the following choice... What would you choose?

1. Dunn in, and four or five new players. I honestly think there will be a few and clearly some targets are already lined up given Dunn's comments to the press and his indication about "reshaping the squad".

2. Dunn out, poss Holden out, someone like Dowie/Megson/Money (let's assume Dowie plus an assistant) - and enough money for one signing, and maybe at a push a couple of the loans everyone moans about....

Sorry I don't know how to set up a poll. I presume it might not be an option as I'm posting this from my mobile.

Edited by IceStationLatic

So with the transfer window approaching... Let's guess that if you were Corney, you'd have the following choice... What would you choose?

1. Dunn in, and four or five new players. I honestly think there will be a few and clearly some targets are already lined up given Dunn's comments to the press and his indication about "reshaping the squad".

2. Dunn out, poss Holden out, someone like Dowie/Megson/Money (let's assume Dowie plus an assistant) - and enough money for one signing, and maybe at a push a couple of the loans everyone moans about....

Sorry I don't know how to set up a poll. I presume it might not be an option as I'm posting this from my mobile.

Polls should be banned anyway, they mean :censored: all.

This side would be totally transformed with the presence of a leader at the back and a decent keeper.

We'd rise the league rapidly.

One or two substandard positions can genuinely cause as much disruption as we have suffered. Our capitulation in Liam Kelly's absence last season demonstrates that.

We've played a full season without a defensive Liam Kelly or a competent goalkeeper. That is massive.

A team functions totally differently if one whole third of it is disrupted. Not only would a leader raise the standard of the players directly around him but it would change the dynamic of the whole team.

Seeing as though this is based on the magic money tree why don't we just sign Messi and Ronaldo with Yaya to play behind them?

There is no money for new players without shipping others out for cash money.

The only saleable assets we have will not generate much in a buyer's market and no where near enough to cover Dunn's pay off, a new manager and transfer spending.

We are looking at sticking with Dunn, going back to basics and them pissing players rolling their sleeves up and getting stuck in.

Seeing as though this is based on the magic money tree why don't we just sign Messi and Ronaldo with Yaya to play behind them?

There is no money for new players without shipping others out for cash money.

The only saleable assets we have will not generate much in a buyer's market and no where near enough to cover Dunn's pay off, a new manager and transfer spending.

We are looking at sticking with Dunn, going back to basics and them pissing players rolling their sleeves up and getting stuck in.

Apparently that SportsDirect deal and the new stand functionalities were meant to make us competitive again in this league.

We have enough excess in the squad to afford a new wage at a decent level.

Apparently that SportsDirect deal and the new stand functionalities were meant to make us competitive again in this league.

We have enough excess in the squad to afford a new wage at a decent level.

I don't know if where that quote comes from, Corney clearly stated it would take a year before it contributed, once it had opened.

This side would be totally transformed with the presence of a leader at the back and a decent keeper.

We'd rise the league rapidly.

One or two substandard positions can genuinely cause as much disruption as we have suffered. Our capitulation in Liam Kelly's absence last season demonstrates that.

We've played a full season without a defensive Liam Kelly or a competent goalkeeper. That is massive.

A team functions totally differently if one whole third of it is disrupted. Not only would a leader raise the standard of the players directly around him but it would change the dynamic of the whole team.

Agreed, if the midfield wasn't so concerned about covering for defenders they could get forward more, I think this is the change we will see from January with defenders brought in who can look after themselves.

Couple of weeks ago....dunn out

Now, has to be dunn in...even though i think he's a terrible manager....

Why? Well, i dont see the point in bringing a new manager in who will have no idea what improvements are required until the window is closed. Its too late now to make that change. Give the window to dunn but the pressure will be on come february of we dont improve vastly

Maybe, maybe not. But if he thinks he's going to get that amount of time with the way he's going currently he's deluded. He's lucky to get this transfer window on current form.

Or that recruitment hasn't been good for a while and it will take time to reverse that trend.

Recruitment in the summer was clearly poor, but there were enough players here from the previous regime who had shown that they could hack it at this level. If Dunn can get players in who are better than what Johnson bought then fantastic, but I'm not confident that he will. Time will tell I guess.

And when the new stand in completely up & running it may do just that. Until then we have sweet F.A to work with...

Maybe, maybe not. But if he thinks he's going to get that amount of time with the way he's going currently he's deluded. He's lucky to get this transfer window on current form.

Recruitment in the summer was clearly poor, but there were enough players here from the previous regime who had shown that they could hack it at this level. If Dunn can get players in who are better than what Johnson bought then fantastic, but I'm not confident that he will. Time will tell I guess.

Could not agree more.

Of course, some additions were needed, but the team always had enough about it to not get relegated (with a decent manager).

Dunn has to not get relegated to be given second window. Otherwise Corney has lost the plot.

He would have had nigh on 40 matches to save us. Any decent manager worth his salt could do that with the players at his disposal.

In the real world, we have to manage what we inherit all the time, and cannot ship staff out on a whim. Time to learn how to manage.

Wonder if he still thinks he can turn it round quicker than Royle?

Just a shame we probably won't be in this league when that happens... I doubt very much that the gym and medical centre will even be worked on for the foreseeable if ever

Why are you assuming anything?

How many people doubted it would ever happen? I don't know about you but I sat in it on Saturday & many sat in the exec boxes so its is progressing.

I've sat in it too - and believe me, for years I have been the optimist and defended Corney and the board to the hilt but this twelve months have been nothing but a disaster! The stand is 4 months over due in getting match day facilites fully operational - we were told the sponsorship deal would see us compete - it hasn't. It is very unlikely the other aspects of the stand will be available and therefore making money anytime soon and we are heading full steam towards relegation so

forgive me for being thoroughly pissed off and completely disillusioned with the whole shambles that this club has become

I've sat in it too - and believe me, for years I have been the optimist and defended Corney and the board to the hilt but this twelve months have been nothing but a disaster! The stand is 4 months over due in getting match day facilites fully operational - we were told the sponsorship deal would see us compete - it hasn't. It is very unlikely the other aspects of the stand will be available and therefore making money anytime soon and we are heading full steam towards relegation so

forgive me for being thoroughly pissed off and completely disillusioned with the whole shambles that this club has become

I didn't criticise you for being pissed off & disillusioned. I am in the exact same boat pal. I just dont think you can assume that things are nit going to be finished when the stand is slowly progressing. It's behind of course but the boxes where in action Saturday.

In regards to the budget. We have had seven? loanees since the new manager took over outside the transfer window. They won't come for free & Dunn speaks like 4 more are wanted.

I not trying to defend anything just playing devils advocate. The end isn't nigh just yet...

I didn't criticise you for being pissed off & disillusioned. I am in the exact same boat pal. I just dont think you can assume that things are nit going to be finished when the stand is slowly progressing. It's behind of course but the boxes where in action Saturday.

In regards to the budget. We have had seven? loanees since the new manager took over outside the transfer window. They won't come for free & Dunn speaks like 4 more are wanted.

I not trying to defend anything just playing devils advocate. The end isn't nigh just yet...

And that frustrates me further - how many loanees are midfielders? Or full backs? Dummigan and Lafferty both good players but we were and are desperate for a good hard nasty centre back, and our midfield is probably our strongest area without the loanees so I just see what money we have got being wasted and Dunn is a big part of that considering he's made all the signings then says he needs two more Windows! I Know you you're in the same boat - I think most of us are and yeah maybe I'm being pessimistic when it comes to the stand seeing its potential it's just hard to see anything but further decline the way things are going

I think what might happen is:-

1) Dunn will be staying.

2) Anybody saleable will be sold, not that many of the squad are saleable, but I suspect no offer will be refused for anybody (Undisclosed of course).

3) We may bring in one or two loans to replace the ones going back in the new year.

4) We will not be spending a penny on any signings.

We will struggle along with what we have got, we need a major upturn in form to stay up.

Edited by Hometownclub