15 years ago today

15 years ago today..

Stockport County were 17 th in the championship, leigh Genesis were 5 th in the conference, Swansea were getting ready to be relegated from a League One, Cardiff and Brighton were in league 2 and I have no idea were Burton Albion were

Latics? 790 games ago we were 17 th in League one with 29 points from 24 games. We drew 0-0 away at Peterboro.

It seems we have played that game in the same position in the league 789 times since.

Isn't that why we all get so fed up on here?

We are bored with being in bottom 6 of the same division playing the same game week in week out

Latics? 790 games ago we were 17 th in League one with 29 points from 24 games. We drew 0-0 away at Peterboro.

It seems we have played that game in the same position in the league 789 times since.

We are bored with being in bottom 6 of the same division playing the same game week in week out

It's a fair point, we're the longest serving team in the same league and only Coventry have gone longer without a promotion (excluding the teams who have remained in the top flight). A change might make things slightly more exciting, but it's more likely that things will go the way of Tranmere if we get relegated.

15 years ago today..

Stockport County were 17 th in the championship, leigh Genesis were 5 th in the conference, Swansea were getting ready to be relegated from a League One, Cardiff and Brighton were in league 2 and I have no idea were Burton Albion were

I remember Leigh RMI from the days I followed the conference a bit more, one of the best names in football and the "Genesis" name seems pretty crap to me. I remember watching them play Exeter when David McNiven scored (he was prolific for them), Phil Starbuck was manager and Gary Kelly was assistant. The game was 1-1 after 90 minutes and 3-2 after injury time in one of the best finishes to a match that I can remember. Starbuck then quit the next season after his playing budget was allegedly cut from £3k a week to £1k a week!

And it all just goes to show that predicting the future is rather futile...So the predictions of non league existence that some are putting forward are as flimsy as someone saying that we'll be in the Championship in two years

Remember the photo of all those showing their backsides on the Town Hall steps after we got to Wembley?

Now where's my jet pack - ( Tomorrow's World 1960s)

15 years ago today..

. . . and we're all 15 years older!

9 years ago today we hammered Noting ham Forres 5-0 in front of 9500 at BP to go top of the league 8 years ago today we hammered Leeds 3-1 at Elland Road.

It's not the league itself that's bothering me it the complete apathy at the top of the club which is pissing me off most about this season.

On another note Happy new year everyone hopefully by new years day 2017 the mood on here will be very different.

15 years ago today..

Burton Albion were in the Southern League Premier Division.

It's a fair point, we're the longest serving team in the same league and only Coventry have gone longer without a promotion (excluding the teams who have remained in the top flight). A change might make things slightly more exciting, but it's more likely that things will go the way of Tranmere if we get relegated.

I remember Leigh RMI from the days I followed the conference a bit more, one of the best names in football and the "Genesis" name seems pretty crap to me. I remember watching them play Exeter when David McNiven scored (he was prolific for them), Phil Starbuck was manager and Gary Kelly was assistant. The game was 1-1 after 90 minutes and 3-2 after injury time in one of the best finishes to a match that I can remember. Starbuck then quit the next season after his playing budget was allegedly cut from £3k a week to £1k a week!

lived in Leigh at the time can remember them taking Kevin keegans Fulham to a replay in the FA cup 1st round played at Leigh's old rugby stadium. .didnt they Finnish just short of the promotion places that year

Was that Chris Taylors debut/home debut?

Thinking about it .. 9 years? Probably not!

No his debut was when we beat them 3-0 at home under Ronnie Moore - he was immense that game

Megson was sacked as Forest manager the next day iirc

In fact it was 2005/6 so it was 9 years the original poster getting his games mixed up I think - the 5-0 was a couple of years later under Shez... Torrential rain and Craig Rocastle scoring the 5th

Edited by JWhite101

9 years ago today we hammered Noting ham Forres 5-0 in front of 9500 at BP to go top of the league 8 years ago today we hammered Leeds 3-1 at Elland Road.

It's not the league itself that's bothering me it the complete apathy at the top of the club which is pissing me off most about this season.

On another note Happy new year everyone hopefully by new years day 2017 the mood on here will be very different.

Ruuuuuubes wonder strike at Elland Road

Is it really that long since Norman Hunter's are door handles? Memories...