The fact we are trying to 'offload' Poleon should tell you everything you need to know.

If he was good or performing well we'd have offers. If we are touting we are already in the back foot negotiating a fee. Get his wage off the books...

Yeates left because the club wouldn't offer him the contract he wanted. :censored: all to do with Dunn that.

Your right it isn't, I don't rember saying it was. Did he play him regularly when he was here though? I said he doesn't fit Dunn's style of play. Are you Dunn's dad or something? I didn't say either of them going is Dunn's fault. Please read the post before jumping to his defence. That's why he plays Jones and Philli out wide instead of natural wingers, its more solid defensively they don't lose the ball trying to beat a man. Get out of his arse man. Edited by oafc1000

Not for a momemt saying this is true. Nye I was told that in January we are going to sell as many as possible and sign freebies/loans. Corney wants to get as much cash as possible before we get sold in feb once the stand is complete.

Might be bollocks might not be. Just putting it out there.

You've been rehashing this tale for a while now.

The fact we are trying to 'offload' Poleon should tell you everything you need to know.

If he was good or performing well we'd have offers. If we are touting we are already in the back foot negotiating a fee. Get his wage off the books...

Yes reminds me of when we managed yo offload Rooney for :censored: all, worked a treat that one. Gullible :censored:ers at Aberdeen.

Yes reminds me of when we managed yo offload Rooney for :censored: all, worked a treat that one. Gullible :censored:ers at Aberdeen.

You're comparing Poleon to Rooney now?

Mark my words, when Poleon leaves he won't score goals like Rooney has at Aberdeen? What do you watch?

You're comparing Poleon to Rooney now?

Mark my words, when Poleon leaves he won't score goals like Rooney has at Aberdeen? What do you watch?

Plenty wanted to see the back of Rooney and thought we'd done well by giving him away, don't think I compared the players but like Rooney Poleon hasn't had a run in a settled position and its difficult to judge him getting a game here and there, I've no doubt he has goals in him its just like most of our other ex-strikers he will score them elsewhere.

Poleon has had more games up front than any other striker at the club. I don't know how many he bagged but it isn't many.

He first touch is poor & so is his overall finishing ability.

One of those footballers that without pace wouldn't be in the game at all.

Not many other players in this team who could score the goal he did against Mansfield not deliver the ball he put In for Higdon and no player could score the worlds he bagged last season at home.

Yet we persist with Cassidy because he has a physical presence and is supposed to be a fool for the other striker, he hasn't scored for 2 seasons. For gods sake the man was suing upfront for wolves when they walked the league and he still couldn't score.

Poleon has some faults but has more pace and power than anyone else in this squad. Like LJ said when hr signed him he has raw attributes that make him valuable. Pace and power is natural and can't be obtained, composure and understanding of tactics can.

JCH is as thick as 2 short planks but his sledgehammer of a left foot and his physical attributes always give him the chance of goals. Poleon is the same.

Not many other players in this team who could score the goal he did against Mansfield not deliver the ball he put In for Higdon and no player could score the worlds he bagged last season at home.

Yet we persist with Cassidy because he has a physical presence and is supposed to be a fool for the other striker, he hasn't scored for 2 seasons. For gods sake the man was suing upfront for wolves when they walked the league and he still couldn't score.

Poleon has some faults but has more pace and power than anyone else in this squad. Like LJ said when hr signed him he has raw attributes that make him valuable. Pace and power is natural and can't be obtained, composure and understanding of tactics can.

JCH is as thick as 2 short planks but his sledgehammer of a left foot and his physical attributes always give him the chance of goals. Poleon is the same.

Was that a Freudian slip..fool instead of foil?

• 2 months later...

With Shez, we hopefully will see a different player emerge. Hopefully getting near his potential.

The similarities between Latics positive approach and England's yesterday were plain to see. We lack the goalscoring talent obviously, Hopefully the attacking approach/comfort on the ball and sweat passing something DP(!) can feed off.

With Shez, we hopefully will see a different player emerge. Hopefully getting near his potential.

The similarities between Latics positive approach and England's yesterday were plain to see. We lack the goalscoring talent obviously, Hopefully the attacking approach/comfort on the ball and sweat passing something DP(!) can feed off.

He clearly plays better when we're positive, which we do so rarely. There's a player in there that he'll find eventually with a run of form, and I don't want that to be elsewhere.

Desperate to see him next to Holloway after he was a revelation with Higdon.