We're on GMR at 6pm

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't dislike the bloke, but we get beat every time he visits...well, that's not difficult these days....still, he's a jinx.

nah not having that the jinx at GMR is Ian Cheeseman soon as I here he's on commentry I know we won't win fed up of hearing "haven't Latics done well hanging on to this lead/point wouldn't it be a shame to concede now " bang we promptly go a goal down :censored: !

• 3 months later...

Barry Owen annoyed the fans big time when he said we were at our true level in league One and that it was unrealistic to dream of promotion to the Championship.

He has a chance to put that right now and show the fans that club is much more ambitious but somehow I don't think he will!

I thought Bazza had gone underground for good? Been very quiet these last few months for private reasons I believe

Now that we are safe he's back Bazza style! Presuming he will praise SImon Brooke and fellow helpers for the excellent work they have done in re-building the trust and giving the fans more of an insight into how things are going in 12 months than he did in 10 years!

Barry Owen annoyed the fans big time when he said we were at our true level in league One and that it was unrealistic to dream of promotion to the Championship.

He has a chance to put that right now and show the fans that club is much more ambitious but somehow I don't think he will!

He didn't say that at all he said we would struggle to compete at the level above just look at the clubs in that league they all average over 10000 this season.

I'm not an apologist for Barry his handling of certain situations in the past has been poor but he was badly misquoted on that particular comment.

No need to highlight it to all and sundry though is there.......lets just get there first and then we can worry about the financial implications that a promotion might bring! I listened to the whole of that interview on GMR and with the general mood and the messages sent out felt totally pissed off by the end of it!

A promotion to the Championship is what's needed to reignite this club and fanbase, people are bored :censored:less with the monotony of this division. I'm pretty confident that as long as we remain fairly competitive, and with the help of increased away followings we could get around 10k crowds as we've been starved of success for so long.

If the club lack ambition and are happy to finish 16th in this division for another 20 years then I won't be part of it!

No need to highlight it to all and sundry though is there.......lets just get there first and then we can worry about the financial implications that a promotion might bring! I listened to the whole of that interview on GMR and with the general mood and the messages sent out felt totally pissed off by the end of it!

A promotion to the Championship is what's needed to reignite this club and fanbase, people are bored :censored:less with the monotony of this division. I'm pretty confident that as long as we remain fairly competitive, and with the help of increased away followings we could get around 10k crowds as we've been starved of success for so long.

If the club lack ambition and are happy to finish 16th in this division for another 20 years then I won't be part of it!

I totally agree but, let's be honest, if we're alive we'll still be following them. It's like drug addiction. It's expensive, it ruins your health, you swear never again, but you just can't help it.......

He didn't say that at all he said we would struggle to compete at the level above just look at the clubs in that league they all average over 10000 this season.

I'm not an apologist for Barry his handling of certain situations in the past has been poor but he was badly misquoted on that particular comment.

After the achievements of Walsall, burton and ultimately Leicester I no longer buy into the boards bull:censored: that we can't achieve. It's more of they don't want to or can't be bothered to achieve.

In regards to championship clubs with low attendances not doing well. Look at Rotheram. Also our fanbase would increase the more successful we are. The board and owner have not grasp the concept of, if you build it they will come.

Too risky. We might fail and they'd end up getting stick.

In regards to championship clubs with low attendances not doing well. Look at Rotheram. Also our fanbase would increase the more successful we are. The board and owner have not grasp the concept of, if you build it they will come.

No doubt about it,and a lot of the bigger clubs would bring 3,000 or more if we could accommodate them

After the achievements of Walsall, burton and ultimately Leicester I no longer buy into the boards bull:censored: that we can't achieve. It's more of they don't want to or can't be bothered to achieve.

I too advocate that we get exceptionally lucky with several signings that we thought were OK turning out to be world class, and them all working amazingly well together for a short period of time.

Piece of piss.

Or even retain a manager and a few core players for more than 6 months and we'd be well on our way, all Burton, Walsall and Gillingham to a degree have done this season is highlight what a little continuity can achieve, a manager like Johnson or Sheridan would have us around the play offs if they where given an ounce of real backing, since Johnson we have had enough players to make us competitive but they are sold off sometimes in desperation for a quick fix, it's so short sighted a team of.

Coleman

Grounds

Tarky

Gerrard

Dummigan

Kelly

Smith

Jones

Palmer

Clarke Harris

Holloway

would piss this League so it's not like we need some miracle to achieve, our fans are now totally immune to success and in fact some even see finishing 17th in the League a success, we have had the players and managers to do the job but we sell them off or let them go for peanuts, and before anyone tells me we need to sell to survive we have wasted more on bad appointments and under selling our real assets, to get any chance of success we need a chairman who has some hunger for achieving, till that changes the downward spiral will continue

Or even retain a manager and a few core players for more than 6 months and we'd be well on our way, all Burton, Walsall and Gillingham to a degree have done this season is highlight what a little continuity can achieve, a manager like Johnson or Sheridan would have us around the play offs if they where given an ounce of real backing, since Johnson we have had enough players to make us competitive but they are sold off sometimes in desperation for a quick fix, it's so short sighted a team of.

Coleman

Grounds

Tarky

Gerrard

Dummigan

Kelly

Smith

Jones

Palmer

Clarke Harris

Holloway

would piss this League so it's not like we need some miracle to achieve, our fans are now totally immune to success and in fact some even see finishing 17th in the League a success, we have had the players and managers to do the job but we sell them off or let them go for peanuts, and before anyone tells me we need to sell to survive we have wasted more on bad appointments and under selling our real assets, to get any chance of success we need a chairman who has some hunger for achieving, till that changes the downward spiral will continue

How do you suggest retaining players who know they can get a 200% pay rise by leaving?

Why is it short sighted to cash in before they get to a point where they can leave for free?

When did JCH ever show he could be special talent?

It's a vicious circle that needs to be broken, to see success contracted managers and players need to be retained it really is that simple at our level, as for JCH he had raw ability, for large spells he played up front alone and was left pretty exposed, when he wasn't on his arse he looked half decent and was only going to improve as he matured

It's a vicious circle that needs to be broken, to see success contracted managers and players need to be retained it really is that simple at our level, as for JCH he had raw ability, for large spells he played up front alone and was left pretty exposed, when he wasn't on his arse he looked half decent and was only going to improve as he matured

It's summer pal, have a few weeks off.