Matt Palmer

That'd be entertaining.

Forgive me OWTB, for I have sinned; I repeatedly said Matt Smith would never make it as a professional footballer.

I would have to confess to that one. Not even good enough for Macc. Useless. Playing against Liverpool!!! FFS.

I have sinned......then again, has he been injured or just :censored: this season. I might have to withdraw my confession?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just shows why we are not managers and just mere pathetic supporters.

One month ago i was saying , Sign league 2 players (Holloway) and players who cant even get in a league one sides (Palmer and Gerrard) and there is only one way we are heading - DOWN

More than happy to eat humble pie which tastes even better when i look at the current league table !!!!!!!

From the cloughthemagicdragon Burton Forum:

Feb 27, 2016 at 6:19am mikeyboy said:

I am Nigel's biggest fan but we have a player in Matty, who in the right environment, could be a real asset to us. On this one I really believe he is wrong and that Matty will be worth a big fee to somebody at some stage. That could well be Oldham now.

Is that definite? We've let players on loan play against us in the past.

FL Rules;

52.5 During the period of any temporary loan transfer, a Player shall not play against his Parent Club (as defined in Regulation 53.1.1 below) without the prior written permission of the Parent Club (which, if given, must be indicated on the appropriate temporary loan transfer form).

Is that definite? We've let players on loan play against us in the past.

TBF why would you want to play against your parent club, it leaves you open to all sorts of accusations if you score an own goal for example, I am no way saying this would happen but the last thing you want is a load of suspicion hanging over your head, it could ruin your football career.

TBF why would you want to play against your parent club, it leaves you open to all sorts of accusations if you score an own goal for example, I am no way saying this would happen but the last thing you want is a load of suspicion hanging over your head, it could ruin your football career.

I see it as much as more of a point to prove against his parent club. Just like when we let Ricketts play against us and scored. He had less to lose though.

I see it as much as more of a point to prove against his parent club. Just like when we let Ricketts play against us and scored. He had less to lose though.

And turning that on its head, what if he scored against Burton and it cost them promotion how would some of their fans feel.

He's not going to be playing for Burton again this season, and will likely be let go in the summer, as he obviously doesn't fit into the way they play. He's now more or less an Oldham player and I can't see why they would object to him playing against them. The only problem is that they have to offer him a deal in order t get a fee for him.

if he left having done the dirty on them (no names, no pack drill) they could change it to Stuffthemagicdragon

Or if he replaces Joe Hart in the Head & Shoulders ads it could be changed to dandruffthemagicdragon

Edited by sjk2008

Fantastic news, a player we should be going all out to secure on a permanent basis.

Would be maddening if we didn't stump out a fee to sign him permanently. Perhaps the most blatant speculate to accumulate case ever presented to the club. Will be amazed if he isn't playing at a higher level in 3 or so years.

Or if he replaces Joe Hart in the Head & Shoulders ads it could be changed to dandruffthemagicdragon

If we manage to resurrect the legendary DJ, and install him as the new Burton manager it could be changed to fluffthemagicdragon.

Would be maddening if we didn't stump out a fee to sign him permanently. Perhaps the most blatant speculate to accumulate case ever presented to the club. Will be amazed if he isn't playing at a higher level in 3 or so years.

Daniel Johnson maybe although not sure how realistic that was.

Palmer looks a no brainer, we haven't produced a kid with technical ability like he has for a long time.

Palmer looks a no brainer, we haven't produced a kid with technical ability like he has for a long time.

Winchester has technical ability in spades possibly more than Palmer but difficult to fully judge that after only a month, its other aspects of his game that are stopping Winchesters progression up the levels.

Edit - Tarkowski was a technically superb footballer in league 1 as well which is one of the main reasons for his success at the level above, not many centre halves can use the ball like him

Edited by palmer1

Ultimately we'll find out how realistic Palmer is when we see who he plays for next season. Johnson, I suspect, is one we would never have been able to attract permanently.

Palmer is something a bit special. Ability and character.