4 players needed

We need a run from somewhere but having won only 11 of the last 51 I can't see that run happening. Relegation has been with us for some time positive momentum builds over time like it did over 4 or 5 years under Joe it felt like promotion was coming. Relegation has been coming since they sacked Shez we've been :censored: for seven years you can't keep selling your best players at the sniff of an offer year on year yes we're a selling club but it's been overkill the last 5 years or so. Selling your best players and replacing with loanees is only ever going to end in tears.

Pretty much.

We're like the reverse-Burton.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO before the end of Jan we need 4 players if we have any hope of staying up.

A keeper as Cornell is done at this club and Coleman although potentially a great prospect his decision making is :censored:e! He was involved with another mistake that cost us the game and his decision to punch (poorly) in the instead if catch 2nd half was horrendous and very nearly ended the game early.

2 centre half's as neither Wilson & Dieng are strong enough nor have the brains to defend for 90 minutes at this level. Leon Clarke & Tom Pope had no service at all today but he still made these 2 look mugs by winning every single header and out muscling them at every opportunity. They are both prone to at least 2, mistakes a half & their distribution is non existent. The fact that Dieng is not the worse of the 2 shows how far Wilson's game has dropped. His mistake could relegate us alone!

I never rated Mvoto but he wouldn't be out muscled every week & he never made the consistent mistakes Wilson makes.

We need a striker in the Ibhere mould. He doesn't necessarily needs to be a goal score per say but Forte showed last season he can thrive of f someone who he can play along side who will bully and hold the ball up for him. I believe Murphy could do the same but Cassidy is not the answer.

Shez reckons 9 wins! If we change that back 3 & add strength up front then maybe. If not then between the 3 of them they will cost us week after week!

This pretty much sums up my thoughts. The defence as it stands now will relegate us, Wilson needs to go, I thought lafferty was poor yesterday too.

The positive was we looked to get forward more, whether we have the personnel up top remains to be seen, although Cassidy doesn't appear to be the answer.

To add to Prozac's point, Gillingham and Walsall have turned down £1m+ bids for their best players, all while we let Philliskirk - he may not be a world-beater, but in this scrap we need someone who scores crucial goals - to go to a rival for £75k.

I think that demonstrates the intentions of our Board and the difference between building a decent team and living off an austerity policy.

We didn't play Philiskirk up front anyway.

Him leaving is only an issue if we classed him as a striker. When was the last time he played consecutive games up front for us?

As a midfielder or wide player for Oldham 75k seems OK to me. He certainly wasn't our best player & his performances didn't warrent upping his value.

That's not to say selling him to Blackpool wasnt a mistake as many saw him as a forward (me included) but when used in the role he had been at Latics for the last 18 months he was very replaceable & in fact has already been replaced.

If there's a decent CB out there let's sign him but, we only conceded 1 again - scoring goals is the problem.

If we only sign that CB and he's a resounding success the ensuing 0-0's aren't really going to help us.

Hopefully though, our finishing is only so poor because they've not had much to finish since Dunn came in.

A few games of getting used to there being regular chances to convert might see us find our shooting boots.....

Conceded first in 17 of the 26 so far, 15 in the first half and 11 in the first 20 minutes.

That suggests to me that teams can just sit back and soak everything up that we have to offer. Maybe if we stopped conceding so early we'd give ourselves a chance.

Conceded first in 17 of the 26 so far, 15 in the first half and 11 in the first 20 minutes.

That suggests to me that teams can just sit back and soak everything up that we have to offer. Maybe if we stopped conceding so early we'd give ourselves a chance.

Scoring 2 or more on a regular basis would give us a better chance

More than anything it destroys confidence, Cornell, Brown and James Wilson should never pull on the shirt again, individual errors by these three have effectively relegated us, I know mistakes are made but these three in particular don't have the ability to play a game of football for an hour an half without :censored:ing up big time at least once or twice, it just drains the confidence of those around them and lifts the opposition.

Absolutely right. Don't be fooled by we only lost 1-0 or 2-1..... We concede, professional teams then back themselves to put up 2 banks of 4 and not concede.......and when they do how many times this season have they just gone to the other end and promptly scored again........Shez said we look vulnerable ......a master of understatement !

We didn't play Philiskirk up front anyway.

Him leaving is only an issue if we classed him as a striker. When was the last time he played consecutive games up front for us?

As a midfielder or wide player for Oldham 75k seems OK to me. He certainly wasn't our best player & his performances didn't warrent upping his value.

That's not to say selling him to Blackpool wasnt a mistake as many saw him as a forward (me included) but when used in the role he had been at Latics for the last 18 months he was very replaceable & in fact has already been replaced.

His Goals havent.

Still time & they will be,

How many did he score, 4?

I thought he had scored more but am sure it is as many as, if not more than, Kelly Jones Winchester Croft Forte & Cassidy have scored from open play between them all season.

I am not including our defenders but I can recollect only Mills getting a goal. I admire your optimism but cannot see where you guarantee the goals coming from!