FT: Blackpool 0 Oldham 0

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's all very samey attack wise, need to find a way of having more shots and getting more bodies into the box.

Full backs overlapped well last night, which should've meant we could have Forte and Winchester in the box, but neither are likely going to be that effective in the air.

Doesn't help that many of the crosses never reached past the first man - many ended up as corners.

Jesus, that Murphy miss is horrible. Didn't realise at the time, but that's so easy.

That said, they should have scored that lob over Coleman, wasn't particularly difficult.

Coleman was in no mans land for that one....almost gifted a goal from which there would have been no way back!

Jones put numerous balls in the box vs Bury, plenty from Lafferty last night, 35 corners in last 5 games.

Only 22 shots on target in those 5 games, that's the problem.

"Balls in the box"

That phrase can mean literally anything. You do realise the difference between a good, firm, flat cross in behind the defensive back line that turns a CB compared to a high, looped, floated cross sent in from the edge of the attacking 3rd of the pitch?

Jesus, that Murphy miss is horrible. Didn't realise at the time, but that's so easy.

That said, they should have scored that lob over Coleman, wasn't particularly difficult.

Need to watch again but i think the angle makes it look worse...i think hes actually in front of the ball..... Edited by Fruitygoo

"Balls in the box"

That phrase can mean literally anything. You do realise the difference between a good, firm, flat cross in behind the defensive back line that turns a CB compared to a high, looped, floated cross sent in from the edge of the attacking 3rd of the pitch?

I do pal.

When there is one person in the box as is often the case with us we could have Beckham doing the crossing and it wouldn't matter.

Let's get Cornell in then and stop these clean sheets. Coleman has a good ratio of clean sheets the lad is obviously doing something right

You can't ignore the positioning howler for that chance last night. Very lucky he missed it. But he's a young lad who'll make mistakes so you've got to take the rough with the smooth. Was Gerrard's absence an explanation for a simple punt forward again nearly costing us a goal?

Let's get Cornell in then and stop these clean sheets. Coleman has a good ratio of clean sheets the lad is obviously doing something right

I wouldn't want Cornell to have to represent Latics again.

But I'd like to think Coleman would accept he was :censored:, especially in the last five minutes where he made three significant errors.

What was going on with Main last night...he'd been in the game 5 minutes at one point and 3 of them was off the pitch messing about with his socks....shoddy

He'd cut the feet of the socks off & was just using the tops to cover his shin pads.The pads came out during his first sprint.

But I'd like to think Coleman would accept he was :censored:, especially in the last five minutes where he made three significant errors.

Distribution was awful last night aswell. So many kicks aimed at Forte straight out of play. Just hit AAH !

Why not give Joel a call and ask him to confirm if he thinks he is :censored:. let's give the young lad a boost.

Why not give Joel a call and ask him to confirm if he thinks he is :censored:. let's give the young lad a boost.

You're right.

If a goalkeeper spills an easy collect under no pressure, comes for a cross that he gets nowhere near leaving his goal unguarded, wanders into no man's land allowing an opponent an easy lob and then somehow collects a ball that squirms out of his hands for a corner - all in a fifteen minute period - it should be ignored by all because he's a young chap and we shouldn't hurt his feelings.

He's number one because the alternative is probably the worst goalkeeper I've ever seen on a permanent contract at a professional football club.

He's kept three clean sheets in a row which is laudable. But I'm not going to suggest all is fine and dandy in the goalkeeping department because it really isn't.

The jersey is his. From the options we have that's fine with me. But I hope the lad learns fast.

People are very protective of this lad.

Shame others aren't always afforded the same luxury.

Others have more than just Cornell as a replacement.......

I like him and he was largely fine last night but then totally lost the plot for 5 minutes near the end.

Then suddenly got himself back together...

I've never seen owt like it