Ticket Offer - the 5 home games in March ?

Guest nonaenever

I think if we won the offer games whilst playing very well it would definitely boost interest, however, history tells us that we have always :censored:e during any offer period.

The Grimsby celebration Sunday game is the only one I can remember where we actually played well and scored freely, and that game was free!

Incidentally what was the home crowd for the very next home game, anybody know.....

I think if we won the offer games whilst playing very well it would definitely boost interest, however, history tells us that we have always :censored:e during any offer period.

The Grimsby celebration Sunday game is the only one I can remember where we actually played well and scored freely, and that game was free!

Incidentally what was the home crowd for the very next home game, anybody know.....

Grimsby 13,007

Next home game v tranmere 6,916, at a guess they probably brought around 1,000

My take on this is, it is most probably a waste of time with a short term offer ie 1/2/3/4/5 matches. Most will use this then not bother again until the next offer. If the club were to use the incentive before the season starts with a season ticket offer this could attract a few more long term stayers.

How the club would do this I haven't got a clue, but surely there is someone with a bit of financial nouse inside the club.

Guest nonaenever

appreciate everyone's feedback - thank you - seems to be more negative comment than positive to be fair. Just to re-iterate what my thoughts were as some have mis-interpreted - it was initially as a short term boost (during a critical month - March) to increase both a) attendance/atmosphere and B) cash-flow (sale of tickets and beer, pies, programmes etc).

Appreciate the risk involved BUT on the plus side, if we did manage to perform well and win most/all of the games, I`m sure it would attract another 500 or so "back to the fold".

Anyhow - here's to tomorrow and a victory against Vale !

My take on this is, it is most probably a waste of time with a short term offer ie 1/2/3/4/5 matches. Most will use this then not bother again until the next offer. If the club were to use the incentive before the season starts with a season ticket offer this could attract a few more long term stayers.

How the club would do this I haven't got a clue, but surely there is someone with a bit of financial nouse inside the club.

Wasn't this Mike Moisley guy supposedly employed in an attempt to connect better with supporters and increase the fan base?

Am not sure the club would be allowed to do this offer if they wanted. Is it not a FA rule that clubs are allowed to do 2 localised offers a season? That being a maximum of 2 games (I may be wrong but am sure its 2) so with us already doing Southend we can not do more than 1 more game?

Yes they could, provided away fans pay the same price as home fans.

Guest nonaenever

I`d like to think they plagiarised my idea!

Seriously though - I think it's a great season ticket offer. Always been a 'cash on the day' man but more than happy to pop down after my hospital appointment at the Royal Oldham tomorrow and splash out.

Have every trust in Shezza - no matter what division we are in.

Well done Latics for this !