Oldham v Swindon

Back page of the Chron has a picture of Murphy and says Shez is considering fresh legs.

I'd like to see him given a full 90 minutes alongside Holloway provided some of the hard of thinking amongst us could stay off his back until he scores.

Cassidy looked much better when he came on against Vale though.

We're unbeaten in 6 against them home and away with 4 wins but we only won twice in the 10 meetings prior to that.

They're on fire with 4 straight wins & plenty of goals and have done well against most of the relegation threatened sides away from home.

They're in form and are due to get something against us so I have a bad feeling about this one. Hopefully I'll be wrong.

Coleman

Dieng

Gerrard

Wilson

Dummigan

Kelly

Palmer

Jones if fit, if not Winchester

Lafferty

Holloway

Murphy/Cassidy

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're on fire with 4 straight wins & plenty of goals and have done well against most of the relegation threatened sides away from home.

They're in form and are due to get something against us so I have a bad feeling about this one. Hopefully I'll be wrong.

You're just trying to spook 24hoursfromtulsehill for the Prediction League.

Have I missed something in Murphy's recent cameos that sees him deserving of a start? Cassidy deserves a start for me, he changed the game at Scunthorpe and showed glimpses of a return to form against Vale, from where I've sat Murphy has swanned around and effectively done :censored: all in his last couple of appearances, not what we need on Saturday. Palmer looked :censored:ed on Tuesday and another 90 minutes could be a step too far for him, hopefully Forte will be back to give Shez another midfield option as the four who started Tuesday struggled.

Guest nonaenever

Murphy hasn't impressed me at all lately BUT I think he should be given a chance of a full 90 mins with Holloway (if he's fit). Holloway looks good for strength, hold-up play and knocking things down for others to feed off (i.e. Murphy if he gets his distance from him right - something he's struggled to grasp with others in the past). Agree Cassidy was good at Scunthorpe and not bad when he came on against Vale - but he's one of those who runs around and huffs and puffs (like Main) with little real effect. Suspect he is the type of player Shez is referring to when he says he wants 'the simple thing that's clever' rather than running around to try and look great!

Difficult one but we have to keep trying combinations until we come up with one that produces at least a few goals from forwards - Holloway and Murphy is therefore worth a try for a full game or two in my opinion.

In the couple of games I've seen him Holloway's first touch has been among the best of any Latics player at this level I've watched. Just look at the one for his chance versus Vale.

Surely that feature of his game will mean he can provide chances for strikers. We need somebody who will find space and might convert one in every couple. Murphy is the only one I have any sort of faith in to deliver in that regard.

Can I be the first to say the game is definitely off, the club haven't done enough to get it on, and they should have given more notice of the postponement.

Swindon will be affected travelling today, ironically the snow should clear tomorrow morning and the forecast for the afternoon is sunny.

Does the ref judge on the weather today or the forecast for tomorrow, that is the question?

Edited by BP1960

Swindon will be affected travelling today, ironically the snow should clear tomorrow morning and the forecast for the afternoon is sunny.

Hopefully they have a ten hour journey, bad night sleep and the covers protect the pitch beautifully and the game is on.

I suspect not though.

Cant see this being on, the pitch was a disgrace at full time Tuesday and we've had heavy rain and now this snow. Even if it clears the pitch wont have recovered.

Thing is, the pitch isn't going to notably recover before the end of the season. It's ruined. Might as well just play, if they can clear any snow off it.

What's "recovered" though?

If the pitch is not under water or snow then it can be on

The surface might be crap , lumpy etc but if it's not dangerous then the ref has no reason to call it off

Matches can be played on snow anyway, an 11-0 win over Swindon will do nicely (I was at the match back then).

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic/34858/sixhit-berts-magic-snow

Edited by BP1960