Oldham v Swindon

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My disappointment when a game is called off is always tempered by some people's bizarre hysterical reactions.

Cheers guys!

This could apply to every single topic on this board. What makes me smile is when we get two opinions of how a certain player played in a game and they are polar opposites...

If covers had been put down in advance of the predicted snow there woudn't be 2 inches of snow on the pitch.

I hope the club groundsman has an explanation for this postponement.

Oldham Weather, who's normally quite good, wasn't predicting snow.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chadweather/status/705388723186352129

Finally! I am spared Gordon's commentary of "Ajose picks it up in a dangerous position and is looking menacing". When in actuality, their keeper has just rolled it out to Ajose on the edge of their box and Ajose has given it him back...

Asahi and full nights sleep for me

So why weren't the frost covers laid?

They used braziers in the old days, where there's a will theres a way.

We have all gone soft.

Like I said, maybe they were relying on Oldham Weather's forecast. And no matter how much you keep harping on and boring everyone to death about 'the old days', it's not 'the old days' any more. Deal with it.

Like I said, maybe they were relying on Oldham Weather's forecast. And no matter how much you keep harping on and boring everyone to death about 'the old days', it's not 'the old days' any more. Deal with it.

Don't tell me to 'deal with it' I will post what I think regardless of sniping comments on here.

Don't tell me to 'deal with it' I will post what I think regardless of sniping comments on here.

Only saying what everyone is thinking. Don't tell me what not to say. How can you say that and then in the next sentence say that you will post what you like?

Only saying what everyone is thinking. Don't tell me what not to say. How can you say that and then in the next sentence say that you will post what you like?

I offer opinions, but won't be told to 'deal with it' because someone thinks the opposite.

It's still my opinion theres a lack of will these days to get matches on whereas in the past heaven and earth would have been moved.

Guest nonaenever

Apart from anything else - yesterday I said to the missus that, even if it stopped snowing and didn't freeze, the 89 billion gallons of melt water might render the pitch waterlogged. Hardly a surprise this postponement after the absolute snowstorm we had for 8 hours. I put it down to localised climate change as a result of all the hot air and bluster on here !

Apart from anything else - yesterday I said to the missus that, even if it stopped snowing and didn't freeze, the 89 billion gallons of melt water might render the pitch waterlogged. Hardly a surprise this postponement after the absolute snowstorm we had for 8 hours. I put it down to localised climate change as a result of all the hot air and bluster on here !

Its been postponed because of ice on the pitch not because of waterlogging. The patches of ice could easily be remidied and its thawing anyway.

Guest nonaenever

I know - I was just making light of it all - there's nowt we can do and at the end of the day - it's only the ref that can call a game off. Mind you, that was a rather fat brown envelope I saw being passed over ! (conspiracy regarding the season ticket sales money next!)

By the way - just seen penguins skating down Sheepfoot Lane - they were singing, "Skating down Sheepfoot Lane..... to see..... aces!"

Oh mi Lads

Our pitch is already in poor condition and attempting to play on it this afternoon could possibly have made it unplayable for the rest of the season

Blackpool on Tuesday 15th is our next Home game which gives the Ground Staff much needed time

Including todays rescheduled game, we have 6 to play at Home and it'll be at Home that decides our League status for next season

All things considered, to be honest, I cant smile wide enough that it's off :OASISscarf: