Warning! No Date on Season Ticket Receipt!

Guest nonaenever

Guest nonaenever

Just to alert fellow fans to a glaring anomaly that might cost them dear. As instructed, I went to collect my season ticket receipt today (paid for by debit card yesterday) and was handed my nice little white envelope. Opened it in the car before driving off and, after scrutinising it, I could find no date whatsoever on the 2 "receipts" inside. I went back to the ticket booth and pointed this out and they looked at me as if to say - so what?

I then said, "Well, depending on whether Latics win any of the applicable home games, how am I ever going to prove WHEN I paid for the season ticket (to claim any possible refund) without a load of hassle involving me producing bank statements etc.?" i.e. without a date, how do they know whether I am due £200 for 4 wins, £150 for 3 etc.

It then dawned on them! They stated I had been issued with the "wrong type of receipt" and then re-issued me with a "cash receipt" dated 3/3/16.

A very glaring anomaly and I have no idea how many people this may apply to who have paid over the phone as I did.

CHECK YOUR RECEIPTS AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE DATED - OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE HAVING SOME LONG, DRAWN-OUT ARGUMENTS IF/WHEN IT COMES TO CLAIMING ANY REFUND.

​Quite unbelievable really that the club can produce undated receipts in this manner!?

Guest nonaenever

With the bespoke offer we currently have, I would think it imperative that a date is on your receipt so that you know how many 'win refunds' you are due. To have to try and rely on 'systems' or 'bank statements' is farcical. Never in my life have I been given a receipt for payment before that doesn't feature the date of the payment!

Just to alert fellow fans to a glaring anomaly that might cost them dear. As instructed, I went to collect my season ticket receipt today (paid for by debit card yesterday) and was handed my nice little white envelope. Opened it in the car before driving off and, after scrutinising it, I could find no date whatsoever on the 2 "receipts" inside. I went back to the ticket booth and pointed this out and they looked at me as if to say - so what?

I then said, "Well, depending on whether Latics win any of the applicable home games, how am I ever going to prove WHEN I paid for the season ticket (to claim any possible refund) without a load of hassle involving me producing bank statements etc.?" i.e. without a date, how do they know whether I am due £200 for 4 wins, £150 for 3 etc.

It then dawned on them! They stated I had been issued with the "wrong type of receipt" and then re-issued me with a "cash receipt" dated 3/3/16.

A very glaring anomaly and I have no idea how many people this may apply to who have paid over the phone as I did.

CHECK YOUR RECEIPTS AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE DATED - OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE HAVING SOME LONG, DRAWN-OUT ARGUMENTS IF/WHEN IT COMES TO CLAIMING ANY REFUND.

​Quite unbelievable really that the club can produce undated receipts in this manner!?

Yours might be a one off, my receipt has the date and exact time of printing on it...