Match off

Gives the injury doubts Holloway, Palmer, Gerrard, forte the chance to be ready for the next game which is probably our biggest! It's Good for us to get the break in.

Didn't a few people also suggest that some of the players looked tired or jaded on Tuesday night. It gives all the players a bit of time to rest. Hopefully, the other results will go in our favour today.

Glass half full . . .

Guest nonaenever

Surely this is no surprise? With reference to the lying snow on my patio table yesterday afternoon, I measured NINE inches of snow by 3pm. Admittedly, I`m somewhat in the hills of Oldham but I said to the missus the match would be off - probably due to huge volumes of resulting melt water and a waterlogged pitch. Blessing in disguise me thinks - not a lover of Tuesday night games at BP but we clearly need the rest - have looked very leggy at both Scunthorpe and against Vale. Don't think there need be any conspiracy theories on this one - that was the worst 8 hours snowfall we have witnessed in a long time.

Gives the injury doubts Holloway, Palmer, Gerrard, forte the chance to be ready for the next game which is probably our biggest! It's Good for us to get the break in.

We still have the rearranged match to play, how do we know tiredness and injuries wont affect that result?

Area NPLD1 and above games yet to be called, NWCL are likely to be called off.

Trafford vs New Mills
Radcliffe vs Witton Albion
Salford vs Ashton Utd
Stalybridge vs Alfreton
Alty vs Macclesfield
Rammy off, Mossley off.

These are still on as for as I know if you need a fix.

Given we tried to get the Blackpool game rearranged at short notice, is Tuesday a possibility for the rearranged fixture? Limited disruption to future fixture congestion and a couple of extra days for those struggling with knocks/niggles.

Pent up frustration.

By this point in the season we've had a couple of games which a couple of seasons ago wouldn't have been called off.

Now there's a game which was destined to be postponed, while we've already got a fixture pile-up that could contribute to send us down. Hardly surprised fans are calling for it to be played.

Surely this is no surprise? With reference to the lying snow on my patio table yesterday afternoon, I measured NINE inches of snow by 3pm. Admittedly, I`m somewhat in the hills of Oldham but I said to the missus the match would be off - probably due to huge volumes of resulting melt water and a waterlogged pitch. Blessing in disguise me thinks - not a lover of Tuesday night games at BP but we clearly need the rest - have looked very leggy at both Scunthorpe and against Vale. Don't think there need be any conspiracy theories on this one - that was the worst 8 hours snowfall we have witnessed in a long time.

You might have told your wife it was 9 inches but I bet it was only 4 in reality.

It's the result of a knackered pitch. Covers would hurt it more. Removing snow would hurt it. So decision was made not to make an effort to get the game on - if snow had been removed we would have played but it would by then be no better than a ploughed field. I wonder what the football league will think about this.

It's the result of a knackered pitch. Covers would hurt it more. Removing snow would hurt it. So decision was made not to make an effort to get the game on - if snow had been removed we would have played but it would by then be no better than a ploughed field. I wonder what the football league will think about this.

Nothing, probably.

I worked in Oldham for a few years and trust me your micro climate has to be witnessed to be believed, I've seen snow hang around for weeks in Oldham when we've not had a flake, don't be too harsh on your groundsmen they're up against it.

That it is the refs decision?