Sheff Utd v Oldham

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big games on Tuesday anything today was a bonus, if you think he should of played Kelly today give your heads a wobble.

Sheff Utd not on good form, massive disruption at their club, fans pissed off, manager under pressure, and we give them a free pass. Why not just try and win the game with our best side?

Sheff Utd not on good form, massive disruption at their club, fans pissed off, manager under pressure, and we give them a free pass. Why not just try and win the game with our best side?

exactly this, the fans that pay money to go and watch deserve a team that at least gives it a go

Absolute shambles that, winchester, forte, wilson, dummigan, mills should be embarassed with that. Only holloway looks interested, no one is within20 yards of him though.

Will a striker score this remaining season for us?

Edited by BP1960

Yeah but he's :censored: and just gives the ball away.

Forget today it's a write off, the 2 home games this week are the ones that matter.

I dont think anyone thinks he is :censored:. They may, as I do, think he is overrated and one dimensional.

The fact that nobody else in our club can do his job doesnt make him a world beater, just the best we have in that role.

He cant pass very well, if you think he can then fine.

His style of play will be invaluable in the next two home games though, thats for sure.

I dont think anyone thinks he is :censored:. They may, as I do, think he is overrated and one dimensional.

The fact that nobody else in our club can do his job doesnt make him a world beater, just the best we have in that role.

He cant pass very well, if you think he can then fine.

His style of play will be invaluable in the next two home games though, thats for sure.

knowone is saying he is a world beater either.

I think we have a problem when we see a player as good and not either great or :censored:. When people praise him they are not comparing him to Andy Ritchie. I don't think he gives the ball away anymore than anyone else in the current team. He's a good defensive midfielder and he deserves to win our player of the season award and should pick it up regardless if we go down ir not.

Our results have been bad anyway, but I'd be interested to know how they compare with and without Kelly over the last couple of years.

If he's one dimensional, it's a pretty :censored:ing important dimension.

Our results have been bad anyway, but I'd be interested to know how they compare with and without Kelly over the last couple of years.

If he's one dimensional, it's a pretty :censored:ing important dimension.

Correct, yes it is a very important single dimension. Still doesnt make him a world beater, just (as i have already said) the only one in our clun who can do it. Not sure why thats hard to understand.

Are you actually in New Zealand? Perhaps he just looks (sounds) good from 12000 miles away.

Correct, yes it is a very important single dimension. Still doesnt make him a world beater, just (as i have already said) the only one in our clun who can do it. Not sure why thats hard to understand.

Are you actually in New Zealand? Perhaps he just looks (sounds) good from 12000 miles away.

Why does he have to be a world beater? Why can't he just be very good at the job he does? Which he is by the way.

Used to live in NZ but been back in England for a few years. I've seen Kelly play plenty of times and can see how important he is for us. I don't care that he doesn't dribble past 5 and blast it into the top corner.

Why does he have to be a world beater? Why can't he just be very good at the job he does? Which he is by the way.

Used to live in NZ but been back in England for a few years. I've seen Kelly play plenty of times and can see how important he is for us. I don't care that he doesn't dribble past 5 and blast it into the top corner.

Me neither, I just wish he could hit a fellow latic 50% of the time.

I dont think you have been reading my posts properly.

I don't really get what point you're trying to make then. My opinion of Kelly is that he may have some limitations, yes, but he's our most important player so we shouldn't be dropping him for games we need him the most.

Didn't realise that was all that controversial.

That's not how it works though. Today was a good chance to get at least a point...

Exactly. Mid table team on a poor run, I can't believe how many people are happy to write this game off as one we had no chance in.

exactly this, the fans that pay money to go and watch deserve a team that at least gives it a go

I can see the reasons behind the team selection, but I still expect whoever's playing to put the effort in. I'm not sure that was there from some of the players today = especially Wilson, Forte, Jones today. We made it far too easy for Sheff U, and definitely made them look more organised than they probably really were. I don't get to see Latics often, so to turn up and see that performance is pretty disappointing.

If we win on Tuesday, then we can forget about today. If not, then Sheridan's gamble has backfired and we've been hammered for no reason. His comments after the Port Vale game (he'd prefer 1 win and 1 defeat to 2 draws) were refreshing, but I didn't think that would mean he'd practically concede a game before kickoff.