ignoring contract expiry...

How many of the current crop would you want to keep if we stayed up this year?

Got me thinking as under dunn I would happily have got rid of most of the squad.they seemed to have no desire or drive to do anything for this club. Now though I don't think we are that far away from a decent team.

Yes we need 3 or 4 key signings in various positions and some of the current crop I would only hold as squad players but I wouldn't hold the mass clear out we all wanted under dunn.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the title thread, the eleven that played yesterday + palmer

+ Gerrard

For me the bench can go to make way for new signings. Brown,cassidy cornell not good enough. Forte and Croft a shadow of their former selves. Mills? Now that's a funny one. Never in a month of sundays would I ever be considering him for release when we signed him but what's happened?

Tbh this thread could work either way whether we stay up or go down. I don't see it being much different either way except we won't have a chance of keeping errand or palmer.

+ Gerrard

For me the bench can go to make way for new signings. Brown,cassidy cornell not good enough. Forte and Croft a shadow of their former selves. Mills? Now that's a funny one. Never in a month of sundays would I ever be considering him for release when we signed him but what's happened?

Tbh this thread could work either way whether we stay up or go down. I don't see it being much different either way except we won't have a chance of keeping errand or palmer.

Jesus how could I forget Gerrard??

+Gerrard

Given the title thread, the eleven that played yesterday + palmer

Given that 4 of them arent ours that might be difficult. B Wilson & Winchester are squad players. Jones, Forte, Mills and Croft can go for me.

Sod it, lets keep Coleman, and get a whole new team to include Holloway and Palmer

Given that 4 of them arent ours that might be difficult. B Wilson & Winchester are squad players. Jones, Forte, Mills and Croft can go for me.

Sod it, lets keep Coleman, and get a whole new team to include Holloway and Palmer

Coleman showed his potential yesterday, solid goalkeeping, came for everything he needed to and a decent save from the free kick in the 2nd half, the lad will only get better well worth sticking with.

Not sure about Jones. Showed what he can do last year and playing centrally he has a part to play. Agree he has been off form this year. Especially in recent weeks but he is a much better option than many.

The point I try to make with this thread is that the majority have proved it was poor management making us so :censored: not the quality of the players on the pitch. I think we have a squad which is more than good enough to finish mid table. Problem is we lack a backbone. Gerrard and palmer can form part of that, but I would concentrate on big player signings in summer.

We need that Roy Keane type player in the middle. We need that 20 goal a season man up top. If we got those 2 in summer I would be thrilled. We don't need to rip this squad appart

Get rid of:-

B wilson

Cornell

Brown

Mills

Croft

Forte

Cassidy

Poleon

Murphy

Bove

Tuohy - looks too small

Theo Vassell - never seen him play to be fair

Keep:-

Coleman - number 2

J wilson

Dieng

Gerrard

Winchester - a full season under shez and I think he'll come good again.

Jones - only based on the fact we know he can be better.

Kelly

Loan players who have recently played:-

Holloway - sign

Main - sign, would be a decent squad player.

Dummigan - sign (unlikely)

Lafferty - sign (unlikely)

Palmer - sign

Holmes-Dennis - not seen enough of him yet, looks solid so far though.

Thiele - don't sign

Happens every window this: how can you judge a player who you've never seen...

Aren't they both 18 or 19?

Fair point regarding Vassell, i've seen Tuohy a number of times though, in the youth setup, and albeit sub appearances in jpt etc. Just looks too lightweight, i did say similar about winchester but tuohy is even smaller

I thought we had one? Isn't he called Anthony White

My point being that we haven't had decent keepers since Gerrard left. I'm not saying e haven't got one, just that I don't rate the current one. Under Gerrard we had 2 capable keepers. We have struggled for 1 this year and (especially in colemans case) I would put that down to coaching rather than potential or actual quality