Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

If that's the case so much for loving the club, anyone with the club at heart would relish the challenge.

There's love for the club but that has its limitations and is reciprocal with ones employers.

I have an affection and loyalty for the company I work for. However if they stripped my budget but had the same expectations then your position become untenable. There's loyalty but also your own personal stock value. If I screw up due to factors outside my control and get a bad name in my industry that affects my chances of getting employment elsewhere then I'd walk before it got to that point.

Same applies for Sheridan.

One day we may get the real reason for Sheridan leaving. All I know is that the playing budgets has been continually stripped back to a level making the club uncompetitive in this league even if we had the most astute manager who could wheel and deal. From someone close to the whole process he told me decisions and planning are all very short-term now and budgets reflect this whereby no investment on a long-term scale just in case a future owner disagreed and refused to compensate for that investment when buying the football side of the club. Bricks and mortar completely different hence investment but football club is strategised based on keeping in this league with contingency in case :censored: hits the fan - which we saw last season.

Wouldn't surprise me if Sheridan had a two-year deal after end of this season but both parties have a review clause if either party benefitted from terminating such an agreement with compensation either way.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's love for the club but that has its limitations and is reciprocal with ones employers.

I have an affection and loyalty for the company I work for. However if they stripped my budget but had the same expectations then your position become untenable. There's loyalty but also your own personal stock value. If I screw up due to factors outside my control and get a bad name in my industry that affects my chances of getting employment elsewhere then I'd walk before it got to that point.

One day we may get the real reason for Sheridan leaving. All I know is that the playing budgets has been continually stripped back to a level making the club uncompetitive in this league even if we had the most astute manager who could wheel and deal. From someone close to the whole process he told me decisions and planning are all very short-term now and budgets reflect this whereby no investment on a long-term scale just in case a future owner disagreed and refused to compensate for that investment when buying the football side of the club. Bricks and mortar completely different hence investment but football club is strategised based on keeping in this league with contingency in case :censored: hits the fan - which we saw last season.

Wouldn't surprise me if Sheridan had a two-year deal after end of this season but both parties have a review clause if either party benefitted from terminating such an agreement with compensation either way.

which is all conjecture....

Looks more and more like getting a better salary from a mate to me.

So you are saying in effect the club will now hire 6 monthly managers, just in case some non existent future owner doesn't want them?

Edited by BP1960

It is not Corney's fault that Sheridan as had his head turned for a bigger contract at, what appears to be, a club in an even more shabby state than ours and who go through managers like there is no tomorrow. The Notts County Forum cant believe Sheridan is even interested, let alone actually going there.

This is the point though, isn't it? How bad must Latics look from the inside for a shambles of a club in League Two to be a more attractive option?

I think the truth is Sheridan doesnt really want to leave and he has used this as the perfect opportunity to squeeze a bit of extra budget out of Corney. If that's the case it will have been worth while. If he gets himself a payrise in the meantime then good for him

If he signs for Notts County then I dread to think what sort of budget and manager we can expect next season

I think the truth is Sheridan doesnt really want to leave and he has used this as the perfect opportunity to squeeze a bit of extra budget out of Corney. If that's the case it will have been worth while. If he gets himself a payrise in the meantime then good for him

If he signs for Notts County then I dread to think what sort of budget and manager we can expect next season

I suspect you are absolutely bloody spot on.

Why wouldn't a manager want some cash to spend on improving the team? I would imagine he sussed out pretty quickly we need some fresh faces.A wild stab in the dark here (although its a no :censored: sherlock kind of conclusion) that he queried the budget for next season took one look at it and thought, okay dokay, seeu later.

I wouldn't be surprised if Darren Kelly had a bigger budget at Hyde next season.

Edited by BP1960

I suspect you are absolutely bloody spot on.

Why wouldn't a manager want some cash to spend on improving the team? I would imagine he sussed out pretty quickly we need some fresh faces.A wild stab in the dark here (although its a no :censored: sherlock kind of conclusion) that he queried the budget for next season took one look at it and thought, okay dokay, seeu later.

He knew before he signed a 3 year contract the budget would be low, it's his job to manage it like the next manager will have to,

Edited by BP1960

I wouldn't be surprise if Darren Kelly had a bigger budget at Hyde next season.

lol neither would i.

What is the crack though, is corney potless? Or is he pretty much refusing anymore investment ?

He knew before he signed a 3 year contract the budget would be low, it's his job to manage it like the next manager will have to,

How do you know he knew what the budget for next season would be, how do you know corney didnt say something along the lines of 'john, just get us out of this mess and we will sit down at the end of the season and discuss next years budget'...

The Nottingham Post yesterday stated that sources at Oldham had told them that no approach had been made from Notts C.regarding John Sheridan.

I think the point here is that the sources at oldham tell that many porkies they have forgotten what the truth is!!

How do you know he knew what the budget for next season would be, how do you know corney didnt say something along the lines of 'john, just get us out of this mess and we will sit down at the end of the season and discuss next years budget'...

That will have been exactly what got said...how would they have been able to discuss the new seasons budget when they won't have even known what division we were going to be in?

It's hand to mouth stuff and at the minute even despite staying in the league 1 all signs are suggesting it seems bleak on the budget front... Holloway and now this

The club had little money to budget with when he signed a long term contract, he cant have been under any illusions about that.

Edited by BP1960

That will have been exactly what got said...how would they have been able to discuss the new seasons budget when they won't have even known what division we were going to be in?

It's hand to mouth stuff and at the minute even despite staying in the league 1 all signs are suggesting it seems bleak on the budget front... Holloway and now this

Agreed.

And you can bet your bottom dollar when Shez saw the budget, it would have been , yeah right, byeeeeeeeeee.

The club had little money to budget with when he signed a long term contract, he cant have been under any illusions about that.

How much did the club spend on the stand? Does anyone know?