Four scholars offered professional contracts

any of the outfield players over 5 ft this time?

Stott and Knight are both tall lads .. Stott was the skipper last night and has a similar stature to Edmondson (?) who played with Gerrard last home game. Knight has a similar build to Josh Low, played well and didn't stop chasing the ball. Mantack has the build of Polean, very pacey and wasn't at all scared to get stuck in. All in all I'm very surprised(admittedly can only go on last night's game) that they let the ginger winger Hargreaves go .. was contender for MOM last night.

Edited by thetramdriver

Stott and Knight are both tall lads .. Stott was the skipper last night and has a similar stature to Edmondson (?) who played with Gerrard last home game. Knight has a similar build to Josh Low, played well and didn't stop chasing the ball. Mantack has the build of Polean, very pacey and wasn't at all scared to get stuck in. All in all I'm very surprised(admittedly can only go on last night's game) that they let the ginger winger Hargreaves go .. was contender for MOM last night.

I too am surprised Jake Hargreaves has been released, probably the best player on the pitch last night, he has a great attitude so I expect he will bounce back.

From what I've seen, I really rate the centre back and right back that we have kept on... Right back is better than Brown both attacking and defending. Rapid also.

Centre back is a good build, nothing silly and a yard of pace - very similar to edmunson.

Apparently the keeper is really good as well, although I haven't seen much as he's had nowt to do in the games I've seen.

From what I've seen, I really rate the centre back and right back that we have kept on... Right back is better than Brown both attacking and defending. Rapid also.

Centre back is a good build, nothing silly and a yard of pace - very similar to edmunson.

Apparently the keeper is really good as well, although I haven't seen much as he's had nowt to do in the games I've seen.

Renshaw, who I've seen a lot of, could turn out as good if not better than Coleman, probably about 6ft 3ins and a strong build.

Edited by BP1960

any of the outfield players over 5 ft this time?

Posted Today, 01:45 PM

Renshaw (keeper) 6ft 3ins, ideal build.

Mantack (full back) 5ft 9ins stocky, fast.

Stott (centre half) 6ft 3ins composed and good in the air.

Knight (winger?) 6ft, strong.

Edited by BP1960

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk//news/article/latics-announce-youth-intake-for-next-season-3082976.aspx?site=desktop

Here's the newbies. Festus Arthur looks a big lad, and Shez's lad is in the academy.

Good to see my mates lad on there - good if he made it. His dad once got invited for a trial at Dale scored 2 against their first team - following day manager got sacked and he never heard from them again. Hope his lad has more luck.

I also really really hope Bailey Whalley's name rhymes.