The King is dead...... long live the King (and a financial offer to the club)

Guest nonaenever

Go on. Where has he been quoted as saying this?

I am sceptical, but tweeting by a Sheff Wed fan sat next to Shez at PLay Off Final that we were "as good as gone".

Shez looked pissed though. THere is a picture on here somewhere. Of course, it could be a wind up too.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sceptical, but tweeting by a Sheff Wed fan sat next to Shez at PLay Off Final that we were "as good as gone".

Shez looked pissed though. THere is a picture on here somewhere. Of course, it could be a wind up too.

also seen the same pic with the quote that it was "money " so who knows

A drunken fool speaks a sober mind

I'm only going to engage with you the once, but my understanding is that the player budget for next season is what Shez was told it would be when he signed his deal.

Sorry if that buggers up your well thought out theories.

The season ticket offer has buggered up everything budget wise, we have the worst in league 1 if not the whole football league

I suspect that Sheridan sent his agent off anywhere to find him a club as he didn't think Latics had the financial strength to honour his contract and the contracts of the players he wanted to bring in. That, coupled with the desperate need for cash (season ticket discounts) is where I think we are. Anything other than that then he has let us down. Sounds like we are in financial difficulties again and It may help to stop the hares running if the club were to deliver an honest statement, give an interview on player with Simon Corney, and then add in the acceptance by us, the supporters, that it is incredibly difficult to run a club with any success at this level on crowds of 3,000 plus. The budget isn't enough to attract the players to compete at the top end unless, a la Royle, we manage to collect a group of modest players that just happen to gel and develop beyond expectations. That's the reality, now is the time for the board/Corney to talk to us, they are only the current custodians, it's our club for life.

Is this interview with the same Simon Corney who said in July last year that the new stand would be fully operational for the start of the season?

So, what you're saying is, you don't have the evidence, you're just pinning your hopes that some :censored: signings will add some substance to your claims...

Great that.

My 'claims' are true and I dont understand why there is so much hate as to why im bringing some light to the whole hush game the board play

Where's the evidence to support that Corney actually gives two flying :censored:s about the playing side of his businesses then, I see a lot with their feet hanging out of his arse defending the man so can I ask why you have this blind loyalty.

Where's the evidence to support that Corney actually gives two flying :censored:s about the playing side of his businesses then, I see a lot with their feet hanging out of his arse defending the man so can I ask why you have this blind loyalty.

Has Corney always backed his managers? Yes.

Although he may be strict with the finances, balancing the books most years, even small profits in others, he has always backed every single manager at this club... (Apart from Dunn in January, however, he backed Shez with loan signings).

The fact he sanctioned a load of signings into the club post Christmas to stop us being relegated?

Oh so when he has put us in the :censored: he has got us out of it, he will be being labelled a legend soon.

Yep he sorted things out after making errors in judgement. If he didn't care then wouldnt he have seen us relegated? He certainly wouldn't have brought Shez, Palmer & Gerrard in. Nobody is calling him a legend they are just givig evidence to disprove negative post from those that want hate him no matter what.

He has made mistakes but he clearly wants the best for Latics. Whether he can give that is another thing altogether but some just seem to want talk :censored: about and ignore any of the positive things he has done.

Edited by palmer1

Yep he sorted things out after making errors in judgement. If he didn't care then wouldnt he have seen us relegated? He certainly wouldn't have brought Shez, Palmer & Gerrard in. Nobody is calling him a legend they are just givig evidence to disprove negative post from those that want hate him no matter what.

He has made mistakes but he clearly wants the best for Latics. Whether he can give that is another thing altogether but some just seem to want talk :censored: about and ignore any of the positive things he has done.

Many people don't hate him (like me) m, they just see that his hands are too tied to Brassbank to be able to meet any real ambitions for the football club. He is merely the administrator, I don't doubt he wants the club to succeed also but wanting it and commiting time and effort to facilitating it are two completel different things.

All the positive things are reactionary to save us from a :censored:ty situation...rarely to give us a chance of starting off in a good one.

Oh so when he has put us in the :censored: he has got us out of it, he will be being labelled a legend soon.

You didn't answer the point. Why if he didn't give a damn would he fund a new manager and signings? Edited by Crusoe

Stop talking bollocks, cuts the budget year on year and has brain washed our fan base into thinking 17th is some sort of achievement, all this backing managers is bull:censored:, he's done the absolute bare minimum with regards the playing staff and managed by the skin of his teeth to get away with it - so far.

Stop talking bollocks, cuts the budget year on year and has brain washed our fan base into thinking 17th is some sort of achievement, all this backing managers is bull:censored:, he's done the absolute bare minimum with regards the playing staff and managed by the skin of his teeth to get away with it - so far.

Just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it the truth.