Happy with this on paper but looking at the Sheffield United forum, they're surprised he's got a club at this level and expected him to end up in League 2. A bit of piss taking that he's a 'marquee signing' and our spin that he's had 5 successful years there (someone's said they hope his one great game in 5 isn't against them). Reading it just took a bit of the shine off - wish I hadn't bothered.

They're a set of dreadful :censored: though, it's important to filter their thoughts through that truth

They're a set of dreadful :censored: though, it's important to filter their thoughts through that truth

In addition to this excellent point, he'll be main man here and it's a totally different environment to them. He's clearly more than capable of retaining a place in a play-off team.

They're worse than many for getting on players backs.

In addition to this excellent point, he'll be main man here and it's a totally different environment to them. He's clearly more than capable of retaining a place in a play-off team.

They're worse than many for getting on players backs.

Hopefully it'll work out. Most are complimentary about him as a person and his work ethic. Just seems to be concensus that he's too inconsistent, lacks pace and doesn't have a final ball.

I know I come across as a negative bastard but if someone's watched him for 5 years, it's worth having a read.

One good season and a play-off place will do me anyway.

Hopefully it'll work out. Most are complimentary about him as a person and his work ethic. Just seems to be concensus that he's too inconsistent, lacks pace and doesn't have a final ball.

I know I come across as a negative bastard but if someone's watched him for 5 years, it's worth having a read.

One good season and a play-off place will do me anyway.

I had a look the other day myself. Line that stood out for me: 'he's too associated with failure'.

Don't think we can possibly compare ourselves to them. Their expectations are so much higher. This is the same club who don't really rate Baxter...

Happy with this on paper but looking at the Sheffield United forum, they're surprised he's got a club at this level and expected him to end up in League 2. A bit of piss taking that he's a 'marquee signing' and our spin that he's had 5 successful years there (someone's said they hope his one great game in 5 isn't against them). Reading it just took a bit of the shine off - wish I hadn't bothered.

What would have Aberdeen fans thought when they read our comments about Adam Rooney?

He tore us a new one at Bramall Lane in the first half last season, dropping deep at times spraying balls to their onrushing full backs. Very impressed with him that day. Bit of a marquee signing this one for us.

He was easily the best player on the park that day. There wasn't much in the way of an Oldham 'performance', but I remember he was always there looking forward.

If that's what we can expect, it's a very good signing.

• 3 weeks later...

From a :censored:ty account with about 10 followers.

Also since when did players terminate their contracts?

That account sounds a lot like the shire Ibby use to post on here and football

Rumours.

Suprised that anyone would fall for it

That account sounds a lot like the shire Ibby use to post on here and football

Rumours.

Suprised that anyone would fall for it

I certaintly didn't fall for it, but yes good point Ibby-esque. It's been used a couple of times in May but nothing since January! Very Sheff Utd centric.

It was just a totally weird out of nowhere random post.

Edited by singe