Match Officials

Apparently these are the new rules for behavior towards match officials

Dissent towards match officials

Yellow cards will be issued to players who:

Show visibly disrespectful behaviour to any match official

Respond aggressively to decisions

Confront an official face to face

Run towards an official to contest a decision

Offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards match officials

Red cards will be issued to players who confront match officials and use offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards them.

Physical contact with match officials

A yellow card for physical contact with any match official in a non-aggressive manner (e.g. an inquisitive approach to grab the official’s attention).

A red card for physical contact with match officials in an aggressive or confrontational manner.

Surrounding match officials

A yellow card for at least one player when two or more from a team surround a match official.

The FA will continue to sanction teams when they surround match officials.

Conduct in the technical area

Behaviour by players and club staff in the technical area will be more rigorously enforced

The requirements of the Technical Area Code of Conduct will be more rigorously enforced for players and club staff.

Additionally, match officials will be required to retain professional detachment from players and club staff at all times.

I look forward to Wayne Rooney getting a red the next time he visibly tells an official to :censored: off during a live game...never gonna happen!

Hope they do to set an example, but as you say it won't happen. They will probably give leniency to stars, but clamp down on lower division players.

I'm fairly sure we've had similar talk regarding shoving/shirt pulling in the box in pre-seasons gone past and thats never improved.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Hope Burgess learned the lesson.

Referees deserve the flack. Most decisions are fuelled by ego and incompetence especially at our level

like this huge tosspot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrzrzUwkU7Y

Also they always get away with it, no punishment and if a manager or player speaks out they're banned and fined? :censored:ing barmy.

The referee was quite clearly a bell end there though, wait until attack comes to nothing and blow or until they score. Probably cost Accrington promotion that.