Grimsby (A) 30.07.16

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by all accounts a very very good free kick off the bar and over the line. may be a bit harsh to blame the goalkeeper.

Well that's 3 very good free kicks in 3 games that have lost us every single one...we need to stop giving free kicks away in dangerous areas. Burgess seems a bit reckless and niece giving FK's and Pens away.

Is anyone suprised by the pre season results? If you are then i think your naeve .

The manager simply has not had the time to knit a team together, and we can thank one person for that,

I expect us to be rock bottom after the first 10 games,after that its really up to the manager to try and pick his best 11 and hope for the best regarding injuries and if the team can gel.

But for my money the blame for this farce of a close season lies with the owner, he has fiddled and fiddled, and rome has burnt.

Is anyone suprised by the pre season results? If you are then i think your naeve .

The manager simply has not had the time to knit a team together, and we can thank one person for that,

I expect us to be rock bottom after the first 10 games,after that its really up to the manager to try and pick his best 11 and hope for the best regarding injuries and if the team can gel.

But for my money the blame for this farce of a close season lies with the owner, he has fiddled and fiddled, and rome has burnt.

....and if we have a decent season?

....and if we have a decent season?

Of course i hope we do, but its very difficult to see how thats going happen, esp the first third of it at least.

Fair enough if your bringing in one or two or even three to fit into a team, but we are virtually starting from scratch, thats a different ball game..

Of course i hope we do, but its very difficult to see how thats going happen, esp the first third of it at least.

Fair enough if your bringing in one or two or even three to fit into a team, but we are virtually starting from scratch, thats a different ball game..

I'm glad we are, the team was very, very poor, or have people for gotten that? I'm only sorry to see the back of ONE player that has left.

Lack of time to gel, lack of time to get organised, team of strangers etc etc....all perfectly valid points . However for me there is one fundamental missing which is going to cost us big time this season. Pace. We ain't got any any aand you don't get away with that in modern pro football?

This season is going to require patience. More patience than usual considering we have only just put the squad together and will be far behind our opponents in terms of fitness and organisation.

That said, I am more hopeful than I thought would be possible a few weeks ago when Sheridan left. It sounds like we have a decent staff in place, rolled the dice with some of the new arrivals and if we can get through the first 6-8 games of the season without a complete tatering then we might be looking forward rather than over our shoulder.

If we can manage that, I'd be happy. Anything more is a bonus and if we fall short, well that's Latics for you.

I vaguely remember similar comments about Holloway and Main when they rocked up last season and then all of a sudden, misses became goals after a few games and then we had 2 confident forwards.

Anyway, how did our new boy do coming off the bench?

People seem to have forgotten that we are going to sign 3 players at least (albeit Croft is likely to be one) and that is a quarter of a team.

How anyone could expect us to just starting winning and scoring for fun is beyond me.

PATIENCE PEOPLE.

They need our support more than ever before.

This season is going to require patience. More patience than usual considering we have only just put the squad together and will be far behind our opponents in terms of fitness and organisation.

That said, I am more hopeful than I thought would be possible a few weeks ago when Sheridan left. It sounds like we have a decent staff in place, rolled the dice with some of the new arrivals and if we can get through the first 6-8 games of the season without a complete tatering then we might be looking forward rather than over our shoulder.

If we can manage that, I'd be happy. Anything more is a bonus and if we fall short, well that's Latics for you.

I'm not sure we can get too much more patient than waiting until the 20th Feb for our second home win of the season

Bang on bud?

I'm prepared to almost write off the first month of the season however we will need to start looking like a team sometime after that I don't think it's unrealistic to expect to be clear of the relegation zone come Christmas.

I expect us to be safe in mid table come May. If we don't then this season is an abject failure we will have appointed the wrong manager and we will have signed too many of the wrong players (2-3 will be duff signings law of averages regardless)

While a late start to pre season means we have pretty much no chance of any kind of play off or promotion push something muted by our last manager in may. It shouldn't be an excuse for going down.