Bolton (A)

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking back, the thing that wound me up about Mckay was that, while he chased down a lot of hopeless causes, he was never a nuisance for their defence and didn't really win any battles on the floor. While Holloway and (to a lesser extent) Main weren't that prolific, they would rarely give the defence a moment of peace.

We need a real bastard up front who will act as a foil for Erwin, Ladapo or Osei. All of whom have something we can work with.

With the greatest respect, why would you expect us to get a result today?

I didn't 'expect' us to get a result and didn't say that but after two good away wins on the bounce thought we had at least turned the corner.

Unlike a few on here I thought Bolton were pretty ordinary yesterday and with a little attacking intent we could quite easily have won that game.

This is one of the most impotent Oldham sides I can remember watching in a very long time. We are crying out for an 'experienced' target man who can hold the ball up for Erwin, McKay or Ladapo to feed off and a couple of wide players to whip in an early ball or two.

I hope the squad can be tweaked a little in January but with this lot I'm afraid we could be dead'n buried by then.

Lose on Tuesday as looks likely and that will be 3 home points from 21 and on target for sub 40 in total for the season.

Is it any wonder why crowds are in free fall....Corney has :censored:ed up big time and whilst I agree that Robinson has a massive job to do we are now almost a third the way into the season, surely we should be seeing a little improvement in results/performance at this stage.

I didn't 'expect' us to get a result and didn't say that but after two good away wins on the bounce thought we had at least turned the corner.

Unlike a few on here I thought Bolton were pretty ordinary yesterday and with a little attacking intent we could quite easily have won that game.

This is one of the most impotent Oldham sides I can remember watching in a very long time. We are crying out for an 'experienced' target man who can hold the ball up for Erwin, McKay or Ladapo to feed off and a couple of wide players to whip in an early ball or two.

I hope the squad can be tweaked a little in January but with this lot I'm afraid we could be dead'n buried by then.

Lose on Tuesday as looks likely and that will be 3 home points from 21 and on target for sub 40 in total for the season.

Is it any wonder why crowds are in free fall....Corney has :censored:ed up big time and whilst I agree that Robinson has a massive job to do we are now almost a third the way into the season, surely we should be seeing a little improvement in results/performance at this stage.

We'd won two on the bounce before yesterday.

The drum to an extent isn't needed with a 2000 plus following, one problem we did have yesterday though was that a lot of our following sang like they were on amphetamines, why the need to rush every song - it just sounds :censored:, it's a bit like watching the National Anthem sung prior to an England game or has the same effect as playing an old album on 45 RPM.

12 from 13 is not good enough but it is better than I expected in July. If we can get a win out of the next two 15 from 15 will still not be good enough however you only have to add two wins to this level of performance to stay up. Can we get the one from two? That is the question!

Yes, they have better players than us but we didn't half make it easy for them. There was some basics lacking from us yesterday and very little urgency. I wouldn't say we intended to lose, but I think we approached the game with a "damage limitation" mentality.

Yesterday was one of the lamest performance I have seen in a while. No fight from the majority of players not direct enough your not going to score goals without committing players. Then this morning listening to interviews Robinson said he couldn't fault any of the players effort and desire!!

If I had 5 subs I could off took Reckford Burgess McKay Green Flynn at HT. Without Ripley today it could have been near 7/8 for Bolton. You can't go into a derby with such a negative attitude to attack and get away with it. Only one team wanted it today. Starting to agree with the posts about Robinson having a little country mentality like he did with NI like we are lucky to be on the same pitch as they other team. It Isn't good enough. Sort it soon Robbo or the axe will drop!! Two positives for me though Martin and Winchester both looked quality and played like they wanted it.

Edited by adamoafc

It sounded on the commentary like we had about 7 or more shots that narrowly flew past the post / were touched round the post by their keeper, or just over the crossbar.

Would say only 1 or 2 were narrowly over or wide. The others where just having a dig from outside the box but never going to trouble the keeper.

I thought Winchester put plenty of effort in yesterday, i''ve not been his greatest fan due to knowing he has the skill but often lacks desire and application. Credit where credit is due though yesterday, hope he keeps it up.

It's infitting with the management style. Certainly looked to have extra defensive duty but didn't actually produce anything of substance where it counts. Had a few shots at least, which is more than can be said for the rest.

I hope the spark isn't being coached out of him, although I expect it might be eventually.

Edited by NewBlue

Sometimes opposing teams have better players than you. It happens...it happened today. It will happen on several more occasions this season. The key is to win those games in which we are able to compete more than we could today

Yes that's the spirit let's just accept a dog:censored:e performance because the other team has a shiny nice ground. Oh do :censored: off, hate this mentality of 'we're not aloud to expect more than a 0-0 Simon Corney is a great guy'

Yes that's the spirit let's just accept a dog:censored:e performance because the other team has a shiny nice ground. Oh do :censored: off, hate this mentality of 'we're not aloud to expect more than a 0-0 Simon Corney is a great guy'

I think my assessment is better than the manager's though who asserts we " more than matched Bolton" ( ie we were better) " the performance was good" and we " created lots of chances"

I think my assessment is better than the manager's though who asserts we " more than matched Bolton" ( ie we were better) " the performance was good" and we " created lots of chances"

I think there needs to be an inbetween perspective intersecting yours that we were just beaten by a better team and think no more of it, and the manager's deluded idea that we matched them and created loads (I honestly think he believes 25 yard out shots-to-nothing are good chances).

Yes we were beaten by a better team, but on our day of course we can compete with anybody in the division. The manager needs to ask why some players weren't on their game and learn from the performance.

The manager needs to ask why some players weren't on their game and learn from the performance.

I think he needs to remind them that they are constantly letting down their team mates and more importantly the fans.

Ladapo, Dummigan and Martin to start on Tuesday?

Edited by TheBigDog

Do people really think that what the manager says to the media after the game is his true, 100%, nothing omitted, nothing censored opinion of the game??

Interesting that you think the Oldham athletic website is misquoting the Oldham Athletic manager.