Bolton (A)

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd won two on the bounce before yesterday.

Technicality. That bastard of a "trophy" means absolutely :censored: all. We are deep in the :censored:. It used to be "we usually beat the better teams" Now we can't even get close to them. Have a go for god sake! But that free kick 10 mins in set the tone for the whole game. Lazy little bastards just stood and let Clough hit it over the wall without a single effort to jump...I was right behind it and it wasn't in the corner nor particularly high. Ripley went to his right to cover that side, the ball barely cleared a rooted wall. The lack of being arsed to do the basics continued all game.

Bolton were :censored:, nothing special, hard working, wanted it more, nothing more. We were dog:censored: with 1 tactic for most of the game to score a pot shot from outside of the box. Green was awful, Reckord is appalling. I know Dunne went backwards after a bright start but I'd have him in above Reckord every time, Erwin and McKay are below bang average. Robbo says in every interview after a game "they're good players" In that case Robbo, you are the problem then! You certainly are when you say we played well and it's all about taking our chances. 2 shots on target all game. Can count on 1 hand how many times we touched the ball in their penalty area. And to gloss over that free kick is pathetic. Stop saying they are good players when that was :censored:. And say...they need to do better.

We've got 2 huge home games coming up now. While I'm questioning the quality of these players we've brought in on the cheap, I also have to question if SR getting the best out of them? Personally, I don't think he's anywhere near to doing so. He needs to learn and show he has ideas on how to change this through tactics and management because no new players are coming in. When he goes in the press and states "Bolton are good at set pieces, us not so good. We've spent the week working on them" and then 10 minutes into the game we concede from one because the wall has decided not to jump, I see a serious management issue right there. These guys need a rocket up their arses. They're coasting and it's killing us.

seen a few times that the wall didnt jump becasue they are 'lazy'

anybody thought that they were possibly under instructions not to jump as either Clough or whoever else takles free kicks normally goes low trying to shoot under the jumping wall.

It actually means £10000 per win. So very meaningful given our finances.

Anyway, be honest, if we'd lost at Fleetwood you'd have used it to beat the team and manager

I guess the win away at Gillingham doesn't count either.

Two away wins in a week and neither count.

Must have been luck, but it's over now.

8 points off the playoffs...

Without seeing a league table I guarentee a good portion of you would have take that after 13 league games.

I'm not sure many of us would have been to happy with being 3rd bottom. Without a home win and Oldham Nil becoming a regular scoreline.

Knowone was expecting a promotion charge but I would have hoped for a little better than what I've seen so far.

It actually means £10000 per win. So very meaningful given our finances.

Anyway, be honest, if we'd lost at Fleetwood you'd have used it to beat the team and manager

That suits your agenda of head burying. Actually the first time I've been angry about what I'm seeing and said it how it is about this woeful, abject, acceptance of :censored:.

And for the record, I was pissed off he risked Clarke in that game and wanted us to lose it. For the first time ever but I want us out of that competition. 10,000 pieces of bribery means nothing when its part of a plot (which hopefully seems dead in its tracks) to get B teams into our leagues at our own expense. Bigger picture. But there's a topic on OWTB elsewhere to discuss that...it doesn't need discussing here.

Quite poor of you to belittle a view just because you don't think we are in the :censored:. If we fail to win any of the next 2 home games do I have your permission to "beat the team and manager" then?

Edited by boundaryblue80

Bolton were :censored:, nothing special, hard working, wanted it more, nothing more

This kind of comment undoes you.

If you go into every game with the idea that the opposition are equally as :censored: it skews your logic. Blatantly Bolton are a good side at this level with technical players and a manager who knows how to organise a team properly.

So you keep on kidding yourself that everything is OK. More and more fans are realising that it is not.

Not a pop at you but I keep seeing this kind of view.

"It's not good enough" "We shouldn't be accepting this"

Why is it not though? Who and what are we comparing ourselves against? Why should anyone be thinking we should be doing better?

This kind of comment undoes you.

If you go into every game with the idea that the opposition are equally as :censored: it skews your logic. Blatantly Bolton are a good side at this level with technical players and a manager who knows how to organise a team properly.

Nicely cut the next sentence I see:

"We were dog:censored:"

Which is a level way below just ":censored:". First win in 5 at home for Bolton and we gifted them an easy game.

Couldn't make the game but the worrying thing for me is Robinson. He seems alone in thinking we more than matched them.

It is a worry. The only thing I'd say is that Gordon Lawton fed him that line...if you see the Latics player interview, it's Gordon who says we more than matched them. Robbo agrees. He most likely doesn't want to talk the team down rather than disagreeing with Gordon. But has made himself look stupid in doing so.

That doesn't change the fact you called them :censored:

They were :censored: just not as :censored: as us which honestly wasn't difficult. Just because they have a few names and it's "Bolton" and they won that doesn't mean they were any good. I wasn't impressed with them. I see them like Sheff Utd when they first landed in League One. Got the physicality but not much else. Will only get them so far. If they play like that, I don't see them getting top 2. Playoffs yes and then it's a lottery for them.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Not a pop at you but I keep seeing this kind of view.

"It's not good enough" "We shouldn't be accepting this"

Why is it not though? Who and what are we comparing ourselves against? Why should anyone be thinking we should be doing better?

We should have been doing what 23 other clubs in the third division were doing in the summer and that was adding to a squad.

All those clubs apart from Sheff Utd and Bolton should be close to our level but we are now miles behind the likes of Rochdale & Bury etc

OK There are oddities like Scunthorpe who are very well funded but that is only for a short element of time

Edited by ChaddySmoker

BB80 -Now you're being a little silly. I understand your frustration but didn't think you'd get into an "agenda" mode

How is pointing out that £10000 is important "burying my head" when it comes to the club's financial plight?

You're over touchy -but if we lose our next two games you're more than entitled to go off on one .

Edited by LaticsPete

We should have been doing what 23 other clubs in the third division were doing in the summer and that was adding to a squad.

All those clubs apart from Sheff Utd and Bolton should be close to our level but we are now miles behind the likes of Rochdale & Bury etc

OK There are oddities like Scunthorpe who are very well funded but that is only for a short element of time

Bury are quite well funded

They were :censored: just not as :censored: as us which honestly wasn't difficult. Just because they have a few names and it's "Bolton" and they won that doesn't mean they were any good. I wasn't impressed with them. I see them like Sheff Utd when they first landed in League One. Got the physicality but not much else. Will only get them so far. If they play like that, I don't see them getting top 2. Playoffs yes and then it's a lottery for them.

"They were :censored:" seems to be the stock answer after every defeat though - can't always be the case.

Bolton were ok, just looked like a typical Parkinson side, I wouldn't argue that we weren't poor in the opening period though.

But they genuinely were good. Nothing to do with their name. They have plenty of good footballers.

If they're definitely going to get into the play-offs how can they possibly be :censored:?

They were on a poor run prior to Saturday and Clough hadn't scored for six months, there's no doubt they will expect to be in the mix this season but we did make things easy for them. Hoofing the ball up to any Parkinson side just isn't going to work yet we persisted with the same style of play all afternoon, very strange it wasn't changed and our management team at times are coming across as clueless and tactically naïve.

BB80 -Now you're being a little silly. I understand your frustration but didn't think you'd get into an "agenda" mode

How is pointing out that £10000 is important "burying my head" when it comes to the club's financial plight?

You're over touchy -but if we lose our next two games you're more than entitled to go off on one .

Well for a start, because we get no points. Which was actually my main point when saying it means nothing. And our financial plight will be miles worse if that competition lives on and gets B teams into the pyramid system. Short term bribary will see us off in the long run. Anyway, I fear we are talking at cross purposes here. I'm going off on one because we haven't won at home, we've had 2 wins away, we look pretty :censored: and abject over all the park and I don't see it changing much. And hearing the manager come out every game and saying they're good players is starting to grate. I'm not wanting him to go to town on them but the 2 goals we gave were an embarrassment. He doesn't even mention them and fills us all full of fantasy that we had our chances. He needs to learn and fast.