Gills (a)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their goal seems like a result of the new rule interpretations. McDonald gave Wilson a shove to find a bit of space. I'm sure last season Wilson would have just grabbed him to stay tight, now that'd potentially be a penalty so had to let him go.

That's not just going to happen in league 1. That will happen all over while defenders learn how to deal with it.

He got bullied then failed to compete when the ball came in, flat footed and took his eye off the ball, despite the shove he should of been stronger.

Totally agree. And Robinson acknowledged that in his interview. But last season he probably would have just grabbed his arm and been fine. Defenders/coaches need to be smarter now.

very noticable on the clips of away games is how many players we get in the oppostition box when we attack.

At home when we get the ball upto the penalty areas we usually have one in the box and the midfield just crossing the halfway line.

Sling a ball in the box with 4 or 5 players in there and things will happen . That's why we can't score at home , we play far too deep.

I am surprised there has not been a clamour on here for the referee to be stood down. That is what we usually demand after contentious decisiond

Looks onside to me, so count me out of the clamour.

The goalkeeper moaning "their player was stood legally on the pitch" amused me.