Rochdale Match

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think if we were taken over tomorrow, promises were made, a bit of money in their pockets (nothing daft) and the stench of this regime was blown away that very quickly we'd have another 1000 coming.

Delusional.

There may be 20 that stay away due to Corney and Co, but if we had success on the pitch, it wouldn't matter who was in charge.

(And I'm not defending Corney, no where near 1000 will swan in off the street for a change of ownership).

Edited by blueatheart

A Lisbon taxi driver, Benfica fan said to me last week "to you, your team Oldham Athletic are the biggest team in the world. That's all that matters"

He was right.

The lads who I met in Manchester from Argentina knew who Oldham Athletic where.

So defo massive over there :)

If we got took over tomorrow by someone who promised significant investment our crowds would go up more than 20, I could name twenty names off the top of my head of people who have stopped going be because of the way the club is run, it's hard to put a true figure on it but it must be significantly more than bloody 20.

If we got took over tomorrow by someone who promised significant investment our crowds would go up more than 20, I could name twenty names off the top of my head of people who have stopped going be because of the way the club is run, it's hard to put a true figure on it but it must be significantly more than bloody 20.

The world must be a constant disappointment to them.

They'd be back regardless of how the club was being run if we were currently top of the league

This board is now officially :censored:e, same people posting the same :censored:e every day.

Over and out from me, laters peeps.

I just don't bother reading when a few posters get going.

However I must agree with Lee Sinnott about BP. Unnecessary from a select few, including yourself.

Edited by NewBlue

I agree about JWLees but strangely enough even though it was about a fiver to get in then and we didn't receive a quarter of payments we receive now we still spent more in the transfer market and paid bigger wages despite it being over twenty years ago.

When it was a fiver to get in you didnt have blanket coverage of the top division and all the marketing that goes with it. Consequently we had larger crowds as they weren't having premier league this and that rammed down their throats. We are very unlikely to see those days again, unless parents bring their kids to BP it is more than likely they will end up wearing a :censored:ty or Wank U shirt.